Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Jarvis Landry with 3 40+ receptions is only realistic if he caught it within 10 yards of LOS and broke tackles. He’s virtually useless downfield as he’s small and slow.
    Nope all bombs in which he scorched the D.

https://mixer.com/jaymo1976?vod=47396319

I do like the new intros but I just wish they had more depth to them. Also it seems like only a handful of stadiums have the new flyovers and outsides. New York and New Orleans don't have them

So with my ten hours up I am actually leaning towards buying the game. I was actually having a lot of fun with the games and that's not been the case for a few years. I just wish TIBURON could figure out how to make an in-depth franchise experience that focuses on immersion...

One thing that had really frustrated me the last couple of years was the inability to get the ball to your outside WRs. Many of whom should be your best WR. It was so feast or famine out there. It was easier to hit the deep ball than throw curls or come back routes. I always found myself largely going deep outside and then featuring my slot on crossing routes. Became monotonous and annoying. Has this improved a lot?

And what about leaping cpu linebackers that can knock balls down over their heads and have eyes in the back of their heads in pass coverage?
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-06-2018 at 06:15 AM.

One thing that had really frustrated me the last couple of years was the inability to get the ball to your outside WRs. Many of whom should be your best WR. It was so feast or famine out there. It was easier to hit the deep ball than throw curls or come back routes. I always found myself largely going deep outside and then featuring my slot on crossing routes. Became monotonous and annoying.

Has this improved a lot? [I]YES! Now this was pre patch but I found the passing game was a lot easier.[/I]

And what about leaping cpu linebackers that can knock balls down over their heads and have eyes in the back of their heads in pass coverage?
    NO... this continues to be an issue year after year.

I wish we had a more robust set of sliders to adjust the game to our liking too. I’m guessing almost nothing has changed in this department? The ability to tone down swats (for leaping players - the old knockdown slider) or return blocking or cpu rb moves would be nice. Block movement vs insta shed would be great as well

I'll be giving away some copies (PS4 & XB1) of M19 tonight on the TGT Twitter account if you haven't won or purchased a copy yet.

Picked up the game last night. I'm okay with the purchase as I haven't bought a full priced madden title in awhile. Last night I played MUT for a bit. I just don't see the appeal. I guess it's just not my thing.

I also played game 5 of my Saints chise.

WAS REDSKINS 3 NO SAINTS (me) 10

This game was a dog! The cpu punted 7 times I punted 6 times. Neither side had any run game and my passing game struggled to beat the Skins Zone D. This was my first game since the patch and honestly it's a small sample size but I had more fun pre patch. However, it may have just been a bad game. Also, no Ingram, no Kamara and no Brees so my offense is struggling.

After the game I played weeith the formation subs a bit. I picked up Ryan Switzer in a trade with the Raiders in the preseason soo I will need to get him more involved in the offense. Also I picked up Ritchie Incognito in Free Agency to fill a hole on the left side. He's done a pretty good job thus far.

The Saints D is nasty (well that and the cpu has zero run game) but now at 5-0 we have a very good chance to go deep in the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'll be giving away some copies (PS4 & XB1) of M19 tonight on the TGT Twitter account if you haven't won or purchased a copy yet.

#WhoDat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to admit the positive impressions are intriguing me.

Got to admit the positive impressions are intriguing me.
    I have enjoyed things for the most part but remember the staples in the madden franchise. Can you live with these things?

Leaping linebackers
    Insta shed CPU D linemen
    getting run down by slower cpu players
    a lot of big hits which often jar the ball loose
    cpu in zone D most of the game
    incorrect commentary on a regular basis
    no challenge system
    almost no penalties
    almost no immersion...

If you lower your expectations you will enjoy the game a lot more IMO.

Lol. Lowering expectations is key for many things.

Preorderd digital version. Sucks that we Non-MUT, Standard Edition plebes have to wait longer to play. File this under the new "Moral Compass" being attached to the worlds largest magnet.

Finished the longshot story last night and I agree with the reviewers. A very enjoyable Longshot Part I was followed up by a turd in part 2.

However, the one nice thing is that once Longshot is done you can go into a franchise mode with Devon Wade or MUT with Colt Cruise. I chose Wade and am continuing on with his journey. All it becomes though is a player franchise mode. The story itself is over.

Lot's of enjoyment to be had but a few things are just killing the immersion for me.

Problems:
    shoestring tackles in the backfield
    a lot of interceptions
    insta shed blocks
    boatloads of WR dropping the ball when tackled... it's really bad actually
    broken cpu play action (qb statues)
    zero cpu run game

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Lot's of enjoyment to be had but a few things are just killing the immersion for me.

Problems:
    shoestring tackles in the backfield
    a lot of interceptions
    insta shed blocks
    boatloads of WR dropping the ball when tackled... it's really bad actually
    broken cpu play action (qb statues)
    zero cpu run game
    A lot of these issues are annual ones except insta sheds. I remember a few years ago I could call runs up the middle and NEVER lose yards. Double team blocks routinely knocked a defender 3+ yards downfield and an inside run was practically a money play.

It would be so nice to have a more robust set of sliders. Give us access to their tuning update files and let the user fix the game offline at least.

Been reading that gang tackling and real physics is pretty non existent now. Tackles are one on one and over the top.

Only played a half but it looks stunning visually, except for the skinny players on the bench. Played as Atlanta @ Dallas All Pro. Picked Presscot off twice and should have had a third. Had no issue slinging around the field completing all 15 of my passes and was trouncing Dallas pretty good, outside of having absolutely no ability to run the ball. Really wish EA would give us more camera options if they are never going to give use custom cameras. Would even take the limited customization you get in FIFA. Love Zoom for running the ball and always flip to standard when passing because both Zoom options for passing just do not feel right as they are too low and far away from the receivers.

The problem with playing Madden and seeing how good it looks on the field, just makes me pine for a new NCAA game even more.

The lack of a user camera angle after it was in PS2 is so stupid. Every sports game at least gives you options to zoom in and out. I want a Tecmo Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

The problem with playing Madden and seeing how good it looks on the field, just makes me pine for a new NCAA game even more.
    Playing the 3 MUT challenges as Devin Wade at Texas in Madden 18 is torture. It looks sooooooo good and it’s heartbreaking that there’s no NCAA game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk