Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/23...e-mut-play-now

Nothing really new but there is some footage to look at. IGN says they will have footage of the Longshot 2 tomorrow.

From what I played, I liked it. The new motion took getting used to initially but after that, it was smooth. When the $20 post-Super Bowl sale hits, I’ll jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/24...oming-gameplay

THE FIRST 26 MINUTES OF MADDEN NFL 19'S LONGSHOT HOMECOMING GAMEPLAY

Yikes, I tried to watch but this is just cheeseball storytelling. Plus you have to play as the Cowboys. Hard pass.

If 26 minutes was not enough, here is 35 minutes from Gamespot. Also this was captured from PC version.

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/madd.../2300-6445171/

PC Gamplay Footgage Browns @ Giants. Browns up 14-3 at half. (It's Arcade mode)

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/here.../2300-6445166/

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    From what I played, I liked it. The new motion took getting used to initially but after that, it was smooth. When the $20 post-Super Bowl sale hits, I’ll jump.

Yeah, I'm at least interested. Not sure if/when I'll buy it but I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yeah, I'm at least interested. Not sure if/when I'll buy it but I'm interested.
    When it comes to Madden it always comes down to franchise mode. Do you want to play week after week? Does it feel fun and fresh? Is it immersive?

It looks like gameplay is heading in the right direction. However have the limited changes to CFM (the mode which apparently received a lot of focus...???...) made the game worth the purchase? I'm looking forward to EA ACCESS to get my hands on it and find out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    When it comes to Madden it always comes down to franchise mode. Do you want to play week after week? Does it feel fun and fresh? Is it immersive?

It looks like gameplay is heading in the right direction. However have the limited changes to CFM (the mode which apparently received a lot of focus...???...) made the game worth the purchase? I'm looking forward to EA ACCESS to get my hands on it and find out for myself.
    I'm fairly certain that in CFM I could enjoy one of the quick play options (Play the Moment?) and not get too bogged down with the things that annoy me. Is that worth $60 though? I'm thinking no.

I'm afraid that if I played full games that the stats and/or level of competition from the CPU would turn me off.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm fairly certain that in CFM I could enjoy one of the quick play options (Play the Moment?) and not get too bogged down with the things that annoy me. Is that worth $60 though? I'm thinking no.

I'm afraid that if I played full games that the stats and/or level of competition from the CPU would turn me off.
    I think what is frustrating is that they claimed this was the year of franchise and yes they did some stuff but frankly I'm incredibly underwhelmed.

I think what is frustrating is that they claimed this was the year of franchise and yes they did some stuff but frankly I'm incredibly underwhelmed.
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to be much different than a couple years ago when I last bought Madden.

M19 is now available for trial on EA Access.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    M19 is now available for trial on EA Access.
    I'll try to get a few hours in later today and share some impressions with you guys. Cheers!

Okay well I had a chance to play two games... AA default sliders / Simulation / Normal game speed

Game 1: Jacksonville (me) 10 Philly 7 (from London)

* Fournette 16 carries 121 yards 1 TD
    * 2 penalties (both holding)
    * BOTH QB's struggled with accuracy
    * 8 sacks in total... four per team
    * most sacks came from play action (doesn't seem to work well)
    * as per madden crap, way too many pass deflections

Game 2: NO (me) 28 Jacksonville 6 (CFM Exhibition week 1)

* run game feels good for the most part~ still a lot of stuffs in the backfield
    * 17 pass deflections combined (11 for Jax 6 for NO
    * three penalties (2 holding 1 offside)
    * play of Bortles was embarrassingly bad...

The Good:
    * visually stunning~ xbox one x this is the best I have ever seen a sports game look
    * pre game intros are really good~ I just wish they were longer
    * game loads quicker from last year
    * player archetypes really speeds up player progression (but does impact user control)
    * ability to choose which week to start your season (exhibition or regular)
    * running the ball is a lot of fun and jukes work incredibly well when in the open field
    * RB trucking and breaking tackles... Fournette was a beast!
    * seems to be more uniforms available this year
    * uniform degradation looks great

The Bad:
    * no halftime show from around the league during play now OR during the exhibition season
    * still only sub 2nd stringers during exhibition. All others must be manually subbed
    * way too many pass deflections and deflections which lead to interceptions
    * minimal suggestions for suggested play calling (just as poor as last year)
    * no longer have the ability to manually change who the primary receiver will be on pass plays (why would this be removed?)
    * too many tackles in the backfield for a loss

Other:

* it still looks, sounds and feels like madden and the things you hate you will always hate (eg receivers get hit and drop the ball way, way too much)
    * very minimal changes to CFM (yes they did some big changes to certain things but it falls far short of what they needed to do
    * poor blocking logic continues to plague the series
    * the coach screen while nice at first offers nothing for immersion
    * looks like the twitter feed is pretty much the same as before

Now that's only 2 hours worth but it's like I figured and very similar to what I played last month during the beta. I passed on the game last year and I'm still on the fence this year. Once I get to regular season and see a real halftime show then I will have a better feel for the immersion.

Okay well I had a chance to play two games... AA default sliders / Simulation / Normal game speed

Game 1: Jacksonville (me) 10 Philly 7 (from London)

* Fournette 16 carries 121 yards 1 TD
    * 2 penalties (both holding)
    * BOTH QB's struggled with accuracy
    * 8 sacks in total... four per team
    * most sacks came from play action (doesn't seem to work well)
    * as per madden crap, way too many pass deflections

Game 2: NO (me) 28 Jacksonville 6 (CFM Exhibition week 1)

* run game feels good for the most part~ still a lot of stuffs in the backfield
    * 17 pass deflections combined (11 for Jax 6 for NO
    * three penalties (2 holding 1 offside)
    * play of Bortles was embarrassingly bad...

The Good:
    * visually stunning~ xbox one x this is the best I have ever seen a sports game look
    * pre game intros are really good~ I just wish they were longer
    * game loads quicker from last year
    * player archetypes really speeds up player progression (but does impact user control)
    * ability to choose which week to start your season (exhibition or regular)
    * running the ball is a lot of fun and jukes work incredibly well when in the open field
    * RB trucking and breaking tackles... Fournette was a beast!
    * seems to be more uniforms available this year
    * uniform degradation looks great

The Bad:
    * no halftime show from around the league during play now OR during the exhibition season
    * still only sub 2nd stringers during exhibition. All others must be manually subbed
    * way too many pass deflections and deflections which lead to interceptions
    * minimal suggestions for suggested play calling (just as poor as last year)
    * no longer have the ability to manually change who the primary receiver will be on pass plays (why would this be removed?)
    * too many tackles in the backfield for a loss

Other:

* it still looks, sounds and feels like madden and the things you hate you will always hate (eg receivers get hit and drop the ball way, way too much)
    * very minimal changes to CFM (yes they did some big changes to certain things but it falls far short of what they needed to do
    * poor blocking logic continues to plague the series
    * the coach screen while nice at first offers nothing for immersion
    * looks like the twitter feed is pretty much the same as before

Now that's only 2 hours worth but it's like I figured and very similar to what I played last month during the beta. I passed on the game last year and I'm still on the fence this year. Once I get to regular season and see a real halftime show then I will have a better feel for the immersion.
    May I ask why you’d expect “around the league” scores in a play now game?

May I ask why you’d expect “around the league” scores in a play now game?

I meant there is no halftime show whatsoever. It showed two highlights and was over. Last year you at least got stats, etc.

I meant there is no halftime show whatsoever. It showed two highlights and was over. Last year you at least got stats, etc.
    Gotcha.

Gotcha.

Yeah I was shocked actually. The whole halftime is gone and the new halftime guy basically says if you want a halftime show play franchise mode. However I think there are only two highlights for any given CFM show now too but don't quote me on that.

I played game one of the season last night. I decided to play as the New Orleans Saints. It was actually an excellent game minus some big gameplay issues.

TB Buccaneers 16 NO Saints (me) 24

Highlights and lowlights:

* 1st drive of the game Brees scrambles and slides and as he gets tackled he fumbles (same issue as last year...)
    * 2nd drive of the game Brees gets sacked and suffers broken ribs (out at least six weeks)
    * Tom Savage comes in and plays until the last drive of the game then also gets injured and is gone 4 weeks)
    *** 27/31 264 yards 3TD 2int
    *TB has zero run game (Simms 17 carries 25 yards)
    * 3rd quarter I get kicked off the server (fortunately the game saved as it was in the cloud so I could continue a half hour later)
    * almost zero user pass rush unless there is a full on blitz called
    * passing game does seem a bit better and easier this year but essentially the cpu is always in zone (much like last year)
    * CPU QB play is a little too good IMO. Not robo but close *almost zero stat overlays for the entire game (really minimal immersion)
    * 3 penalties (false start x1 encroachment x2)

All that being said this was a very fun game. It's been a while since I said that about Madden.

HOWEVER:
    I was so excited for the halftime show but it's such a disappointment
    **** three games mentioned (none which are relevant to my team)
    **** NO STATS SHOWN
    **** no updates on all the other games around the league
    **** nothing in regards to the game (TB vs NO)

*** This has the potential to be amazing but typical Tiburon with the half effort. I'm really saddened by this. The EXTRA POINT is still far superior to this offering. Why is this something Tiburon cannot do well? Let the NCAA team take over presentation. They know what they are doing!!!

Once the game is over in typical madden fashion the immersion is dead. There is no follow up on scores, etc. The twitter feed at the bottom of the pages scrolls to slowly for you to read and it's all the articles in your feed anyways. Most of the tweets are meaningless and have little to do with anything. I just wish Tiburon could figure this out. Just copy what 2k does in this regards and your game obtains elite status. However for whatever reason they just won't do it....

So the default AA QB gameplay is definitely too good. JT Barrett, 3rd string QB was lights out in game two of the season.

CLE BROWNS 21 NO SAINTS (me) 23

I won the game on a last second field goal. The game was a great game actually but...

* both QB's (Taylor and Barrett were outstanding
    eg. Barret 25/31 306 yards 2 TD's 1 Int
    * both teams could not run the ball at all
    Ingram 13 carries for 47 yards
    Cleveland had less than 20 yards in total rushing
    * I could not stop the long ball. Landry had three 40+ yard receptions
    * more user injuries (Kamara this time) but the cpu seems to suffer very few injuries

Overall this game was a lot of fun. Immersion however still non existent in CFM. It's too bad because the game is a lot of fun right now.

Jarvis Landry with 3 40+ receptions is only realistic if he caught it within 10 yards of LOS and broke tackles. He’s virtually useless downfield as he’s small and slow.