Thread: Summer Gaming Doldrums

• Facebook
  • Display

Summer Gaming Doldrums

Once E3 ended it has been silent as a mouse around here.

So what are you playing?

Mostly Super Mega Baseball 2, Rocket League, Cities Skyline and Minecraft to check out the aquatic update.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.

There needs to be more summer releases. I just finished Detroit Become Human and have just played a ton of God of War. May finish my second play through of GOW or play Heavy Rain next.

Been playing through my franchise and RTTS in MLB The Show, State of Decay 2, trying to work some on my modded Fallout 4 and Skyrim playthroughs. Also got a second playthrough of the Ghost Recon. Wildlands campaign and my probably 50th campaign playthrough in GTA V.

That and bringing my NCAA Dynasty back to life.

Thankfully the next couple months are quiet. Just Spider-Man in September and then the mass release of games during the October-December window.

It's just a matter of finding time right now with how busy the past two weeks have been (and this coming week will be) at work. I hadn't been on my PS4 at all between the 4th and 12th of July and haven't played any games whatsoever since my last NCAA Dynasty game I played on July 6th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-15-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Summer Gaming Doldrums

NCAA Football 14 (360), Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4), and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (iPad).

I’ve been on the Teambuilder site lately. If anyone has any Teambuilder slots available, download the Juneau Killer Whales. That’s the team I’m using in my dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-22-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Lately outside of random quick dabbling in games, it's been a lot of Fortnite and Fallout Shelter. Grinding towards the for Fallout Shelter. Easy just a lengthy grind.
    The dude abides.

I'm tempted to buy Ghost Recon as it 70% off on the xbox summer sale. It's a beauty of a game on ONE X.

I'm sad to say that I thought I would be loving Jurassic Park but in all honestly I'm struggling to play it. It's not the game but my passion for gaming has dipped. I'm still purchasing but I finding less and less interest in playing. I think it's just too busy and too hot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm tempted to buy Ghost Recon as it 70% off on the xbox summer sale. It's a beauty of a game on ONE X.
    I highly recommend it! Entirely open world, you can complete the campaign in any order you want to. You can approach missions, bases and towns any way you want. You can sneak in and take out enemies with a silenced sniper and timed shots by your teammates, you can target enemies with the drone and then sneak in and take out an entire enemy base on foot, you can jump in a helicopter and go in guns and rockets blazing. There are a ton of ways to approach bases and missions.

And the map is massive. I think the size of the map in Wildlands is second only to that of Just Cause 3, and that's partly due to JC3 being three islands with a shit ton of water inbetween, where as Wildlands is all one giant landmass. It took me two full months to beat the game when it first released last spring. I started a new campaign earlier this summer, I'm already probably 6 or 7 hours in and I'm still only halfway through the first of 23 regions.

After GOW and Detroit I have struggled to fin my next game. But Spider-Man and Tomb Raider come up in September.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I highly recommend it! Entirely open world, you can complete the campaign in any order you want to. You can approach missions, bases and towns any way you want. You can sneak in and take out enemies with a silenced sniper and timed shots by your teammates, you can target enemies with the drone and then sneak in and take out an entire enemy base on foot, you can jump in a helicopter and go in guns and rockets blazing. There are a ton of ways to approach bases and missions.

And the map is massive. I think the size of the map in Wildlands is second only to that of Just Cause 3, and that's partly due to JC3 being three islands with a shit ton of water inbetween, where as Wildlands is all one giant landmass. It took me two full months to beat the game when it first released last spring. I started a new campaign earlier this summer, I'm already probably 6 or 7 hours in and I'm still only halfway through the first of 23 regions.

Yeah I love the map. The game is breath-taking. I just wish there was a little more RPG mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    After GOW and Detroit I have struggled to fin my next game. But Spider-Man and Tomb Raider come up in September.
    My kids are also really interested in Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    My kids are also really interested in Spiderman.
    My fear with Spider-man is that some of the combat looks repetitive. I’m a little worried I will get bored with it quickly. Hopefully there is a good story along with varied boss fights to maintain interest. I know many games face that same fear. With God of War I never felt it got repetitive while playing because of the different weapons, plenty of moves and story. Hopefully this game will be a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    My fear with Spider-man is that some of the combat looks repetitive. I’m a little worried I will get bored with it quickly. Hopefully there is a good story along with varied boss fights to maintain interest. I know many games face that same fear. With God of War I never felt it got repetitive while playing because of the different weapons, plenty of moves and story. Hopefully this game will be a pleasant surprise.
    I think with something like Spiderman it needs that comic relief element built into the story. I've never been a huge fan of spider man but with the last two Marvel movies my kids just love it.