Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

• Facebook
  • Display

World Cup 2018

Figure this deserved it's own thread.

Australia almost pulled a surprise against France.

Argentina goes up on Iceland thanks to a goal by Agueroooooooooooooo. (*) Iceland ties it up as I type this. Going to sleep but look forward to the rest of this one on DVR. Iceland is the team I have substituted as my favorite due to the US not qualifying.

A draw was exactly what Iceland needed. They did not even try to attack at the end of the game. Just parked the bus and let Messi try to score while being swarmed. Then he misses a PK. Honestly he has never been a great on PK's but if the coach went with someone else it would looked like he was afraid Messi would miss and cause even more issues.

If Iceland can draw with Croatia and beat Nigeria they can advance.

Hugh win for Mexico. Did not see that coming the way Mexico was playing as of late.

Some incredible matches so far. Iceland pulling off the draw against Argentina, Mexico knocking off Germany, the battle between Spain and Portugal that saw Ronaldo tie things up in the 88th minute with a hat trick goal, Australia challenging France to the end. Switzerland and Brazil was also a good match, ending in a 1-1 draw.

Now we just need Tunisia to win or draw against England for an epic amount of salt.

Damn, they were so close to pulling off the draw.

That was another damn good game. Just terrible on defending corners. You can't leave Kane with a wide open goal for headers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Then there was poor Columbia. Prayers to the player who got the red card 2 minutes into the match which seemingly cost them a win against Japan.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-19-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Ha! Fuck you Argentina! Eat a bag of dicks Messi!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Ha! Fuck you Argentina! Eat a bag of dicks Messi!
    Poor Messi, from GOAT to NOPE in under a week. I take no side in the Ronaldo/Messi debate but watching people discuss it on soccer forums is always a good laugh.

Holy shit what an ending to Germany-Sweden! With only 10 men on the pitch after Boateng got sent off for a second yellow in the 82nd minute, Germany strikes a dagger in the heart of Sweden at 90+5' to steal a 2-1 victory. What an absolute robbery. Sweden spent so much of the second half back defending, even after Germany got knocked down to 10 men, and let the Germans keep attacking. Instead of eliminating Germany from the tournament in group stage, they just opened the door wide for the Germans to advance to the knockout stage.

Mexico has won two games but with that German win they have yet to advance to the knockout. That has not stopped a few of my neighbors from turning this into an early 4th of July Fireworks extravaganza. 12:30AM and still going strong. I sleep during the day so no biggie but for the next door neighbors it has to suck as dogs are barking like crazy. Thankfully we have been drenched by rain the past few weeks so they cant burn the neighborhood down. I am now actively rooting for Sweden to beat Mexico by two goals and Germany to beat South Korea.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-24-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Argentina advances, sorry Smooth. I am down with it for more of Digeo Maradona's antics.

What matches! Sweden hammers a poorly playing Mexico 3-0, but Mexico is still moving on as South Korea absolutely stuns Germany 2-0 with two extra time goals, in the 93rd minute and an empty netter in the 96th minute.

Had the Sweden part correct. Did not see Germany falling on it's ass happening. Earphones it is tonight. Brazil vs Mexico will be an interesting match.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-27-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Messi always fails to deliver for country. If you didnt watch club ball you would think he was the most overrated athlete if all time

Ronaldo also fails to deliver for country. He has not helped Portugal to a knockout win since 2006.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting both Portugal and Argentina to fail to advance today. I went into today expecting Uruguay to get the win since they've been one of the most consistent teams over the past two weeks, but I figured Argentina was gonna take down France. I'm certainly not complaining though!

Now to root for Mexico on Monday, just so I can see all the Brazil fans cry, just as I got to see all the Argentina fans cry. Seeing Brazil and Argentina fans crying gives me a nice, warm feeling.

Was that German slaughter of Brazil not enough? Poor Brazillians have no working tear ducts due to that game. It's easy to hate Neymar though. Guess I am rooting for Belgium and De Bruyne and Kompany (Man City players). Need some fresh blood winning the Cup. Plus they do make a terrific Waffle. Kinda hard to go the Man City route since they sent they most players to the World Cup this year.

Also Wayne Rooney is now in the MLS with DC United. The MLS, where once great players are put out to pasture.