Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Almost 40% done now.

I do think they should have called this game Spiderman the Pokémon edition. Half the game is collectables. Roughly 45 backpacks, 30 landmarks, research stations, black cat pics and pigeons to collect. Who knows what else they will add. Then you combine some of the “mini games” like puzzle matching or circuits and the game feels really old school in terms of fetch/busy quests that seem added solely for extra game time and no real purpose. As a gamer I can ignore some of the stuff but it does force you to do some things to get new suits or upgrade gadgets.

The highlights of the game are the Fisk hideouts for me. Random crimes are fun too. Some of the story missions with combat are really good too although I still feel the combat is too much button mashing and too gadget/suit power heavy (web blossom is cool but over powered).

While it’s a fun game I still feel the overall grade of the game depends heavily on your love of Spiderman. There isn’t anything overly special about the game so far for me. I’d still give it an 8/10 but nowhere near GOTY material imo.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-30-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Once you get to Act 3 (final act) the map is awesome. Without spoiling anything there are tons of random criminals running around, more crimes and more bases to take down. You can spend hours just doing that stuff before even getting to the missions. I head to a mission and just end up fighting crime. I wish the map was more like this earlier in the game. The combat is fun and where the game shines, even if it’s a bit too button mashing. At this point I can no longer upgrade gadgets or unlock more suits unless I force myself to do the non combat challenges and I can’t do it.

Well I have most of the trophies but a platinum isn’t in the cards. The challenge tokens are hard and you can use them to upgrade gadgets and buy suits. Well if you aren’t food at the challenges and then waste a lot of tokens on gadget upgrades then buying the last 3 suits I need is impossible. I need like 12-14 for them and I already have bronze on all challenges. I’ve got to hit silver or better (spectacular) to do this. Too hard.