Thread: Cuphead (XB1 & PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Cuphead (XB1 & PC)

Looked for a thread but did not find one. What was once a boss battle game has now turned into a platformer.

First platforming footage.

It's out today!

Decent review on Polygon: https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/29/16...one-windows-pc
    The dude abides.

I had no idea it was such a difficult game until word of a recent bug deleting save files emerged.

I would have guessed based on how it looks it was a cutsey fun kids game. Even if that were the case, I thought it looked different and cool enough to want to play at some point (if it ever comes to PS4).

If they ever patch in an easy mode, I’ll get this. I wanna play for the art work, not the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been a simple (easy mode) in the game since it launched for the boss fights. The snag is the final few bosses (Including the Devil) are not available until you beat all the bosses on regular mode.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    There has been a simple (easy mode) in the game since it launched for the boss fights. The snag is the final few bosses (Including the Devil) are not available until you beat all the bosses on regular mode.

Not good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then you might skip playing the game and watch a full Play Now of the game because they are not making it easier than "simple."

Then you might skip playing the game and watch a full Play Now of the game because they are not making it easier than "simple."
    They’re leaving a lot of money on the table with their difficulty. I’m sure a lot of people would love to play it with their kids or spouses or girlfriends but the difficulty will turn people off.

When there’s a legit casual mode, I’ll finally buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    When there’s a legit casual mode, I’ll finally buy the game.
    Like I said last time casual mode exists. It is called watching a stream. Some games are hard and not meant to be played by all.

You know even the elders, who played on simple, never once asked for a casual mode.

Thought I posted it here but still the best cuphead video of a an actual Video Game Journalist playing it before it was released at a German gaming convention.

Still have not completed it myself but I am working on it. Proud to say I did complete the tutorial in my first try.

Like I said last time casual mode exists. It is called watching a stream. Some games are hard and not meant to be played by all.

You know even the elders, who played on simple, never once asked for a casual mode.

I don’t want to watch it. I want to play Co-op with my wife on the couch and I’m not gonna play it if it’s annoyingly frustrating. I have disposable income. I’m willing to give it to them. I only need a mode that won’t make us rage quit.

Rage quit? Now I want to see a stream you and your wife playing Cuphead.

Don't know what to say. The difficulty is one of the selling points of the game, like the Dark Souls Series, Bloodbourne, etc. You could always send an tweet the Studio with a request for an easier difficulty.

https://twitter.com/studiomdhr

Also on the subject of couch coop. Have you considered Unravel 2? It is more solving puzzles with two players and less action but it seems like the kind of thing that might be up your alley. It is also singleplayer but you have to control both Yarny's.