Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    So go full digital and your problem is solved.
    I think at some point we'll all be pushed that way. That is definitely a nice perk of being all digital though.

Some controversy over combos and how the game doesn't explain how to do them. A reviewer kind of blasted the dev while other people are saying you can find instructions on Youtube. I personally felt that MEA was too confusing with builds and combos and didn't do a good enough job of teaching the gamers on the moves as the game went forward. I think GOW was excellent with it's way of moving forward and explaining moves. HZD and MEA not so much.

Yikes, I was expecting Crackdown 3 to be in the low 60's but Anthem is sitting at a whopping 63 right next to it.

https://opencritic.com/game/7084/anthem

Yeah, this needed to be thrown back out.

Below is a really good review, not only of the game but how far Bioware has fallen in terms of a meaningful story and how that story used to have an impact on the game with choices. Plus a bunch of other stuff.

There are some spoilers, just FYI. If anything just jump to 12:00 and realize that someone got paid to write that.

Last edited by bdoughty; 02-21-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Ouch. Those are low review scores. I thought for sure it would be at least in the 70s and was expecting 80+. I read the Polygon review that basically said the devs tried a build a MOBA game with a story and it fights itself. With longer load times and narratives stuck where you don't want it can get frustrating. That's where Destiny was good. Just jump in and play. Hopefully they improve upon things.

Still picking it up tomorrow, largely for my son who really liked it. But I want to give it a go too.

Just dropped below 60. This is officially EA's Fallout 76.

https://opencritic.com/game/7084/anthem

Even the Onion has joined in on the sand kicking. When Satire and Reality come face to face.

Last edited by bdoughty; 02-22-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Anthem - February 22, 2019

I’m still getting it. I found the demo to be fun. I don’t need my games to be perfect. Just not broken. From all the reviews I seen or read, the things it’s getting dinged for like repetitive mission structure and lack of endgame content are not things that bother me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 02-22-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Reading impressions online and at OS and it seems that the game does have issues but that generally speaking gamers are enjoying it. The low 60s seems harsh.

https://youtu.be/PSaa9andH1g

Man, I’m really enjoying this game thus far. I’m still early into it but to me, this game is really fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I don’t want to discount anyone’s opinion or criticism but man, this game is really fun to me. I don’t know how to quantify it with a number score but I really like it.

The 90-day road map for Anthem:

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/acts
    Last edited by cdj; 02-23-2019 at 01:39 PM.

I enjoyed playing for an hour this morning. Played the intro and unlocked Colossus. I still feel like I don’t have the controls down. When I hold L3 I sometimes stop flying. Getting used to grenade for L1 and homing mission for R1 but I never used my ultimate properly and am still clueless about combos. Will play some more later hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The 90-day road map for Anthem:

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/acts
    Adulting is gonna keep me from ever being able to get into all this stuff but that’s exciting to see.

I like how strangers can come in and help my story. Game looks really good. Load times are overly long though.

Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I like how strangers can come in and help my story. Game looks really good. Load times are overly long though.
    Yeah, I do wish load times were better but that’s far from being a gripe for me. Honestly, the one complaint I have is that they should have just made flight infinite. Flying is hella cool and hella fun and I would rather not be looking for waterfalls and rivers while I’m flight because I want to stay in the air.

Last edited by souljahbill; 02-24-2019 at 08:14 AM.

I've read a lot of people complain about that. Maybe they could simply reduce the overheat time.

I'm rolling with a Colossus. Just hit level 5 so I'm still a newbie. The L1 and R1 weapons work differently for some things. Sometimes I have to hold the button down. I've done a couple missions now with strangers although this last one I didn't know where I was supposed to go sometimes and at least twice got warped back with them. Very Destiny style feel with coop this way. That's a good thing.

I don't completely understand all the different guns and what to look for. Damage & RPM combo is hard to figure out what is the best sometimes.

A lot of this game reminds me of Destiny. The World events you can join although they are harder to find than in Destiny and harder to complete. I need to complete 5 of them to get into the Tombs. Also I just discovered the other day I have an L1+R1 combo. Is there a way to change what that does? Doesn't seem to do much. For my Colossus it's like a very close repel shield or something.

A lot of this game reminds me of Destiny. The World events you can join although they are harder to find than in Destiny and harder to complete. I need to complete 5 of them to get into the Tombs. Also I just discovered the other day I have an L1+R1 combo. Is there a way to change what that does? Doesn't seem to do much. For my Colossus it's like a very close repel shield or something.
    The L1+R1 is class specific. For Ranger, it’s a protective bubble. I’m not sure about Storm and Inteceptor because I haven’t touched them yet (I love Ranger). I do know that you can change it somewhat in the support gear section in the forge.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The L1+R1 is class specific. For Ranger, it’s a protective bubble. I’m not sure about Storm and Inteceptor because I haven’t touched them yet (I love Ranger). I do know that you can change it somewhat in the support gear section in the forge.

I wasn't sure what the Support Gear did lol. That makes sense.

Have you taken on a Stronghold yet? I think it just unlocked as an option for me but I haven't tried it.

I wasn't sure what the Support Gear did lol. That makes sense.

Have you taken on a Stronghold yet? I think it just unlocked as an option for me but I haven't tried it.
    It’s unlocked for me too but I’m at the same point where I have to do Freeplay stuff to advance. This should be post-game stuff, not mid-game. That’s a downer but it is what it is. I’ve been doing the Sentinel, Freelancer, and Archanists missions. I have the stronghold unlocked but haven’t tried it yet.