Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display

‪It’s 6am and it appears I can’t even play. I’m heading to a mission but the load is brutally long. The hub and layout weren’t overly intuitive but a lot of customization. I think the demo is stuck. A bit of a disaster for EA/BioWare. ‬

Supposedly if you get stuck at 95% load you can shut down and retry but both attempts have failed. Not good.

The controller layouts don’t actually give you info in game. Just takes you to a link that didn’t load for me. Bad design there. Here is a PS4 link: https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news...n-controls-ps4
    Last edited by Rudy; 01-26-2019 at 05:20 AM.

My son really likes it. He’s been playing under my account since he’s too lazy to use my friend request.

I briefly played it this morning but I did it in Freeplay mode. Went to a mission and was so lost I quit in 30 seconds. Freeplay at least let me learn the controls. It’s more complicated than Destiny. For one you can fly and hover. That adds to the controls and there are extra moves too I think. Have to hold square to change weapons. I don’t know my special abilities at all but those are L1, L2 and up on dpad I think. A bit hard for me to process. I’m not used to online games really. Last year I spent a whopping 4 hours online! Did a lot more in 2017 probably with For Honor and Destiny.

My son really likes it. Hes been playing under my account since hes too lazy to use my friend request.

I briefly played it this morning but I did it in Freeplay mode. Went to a mission and was so lost I quit in 30 seconds. Freeplay at least let me learn the controls. Its more complicated than Destiny. For one you can fly and hover. That adds to the controls and there are extra moves too I think. Have to hold square to change weapons. I dont know my special abilities at all but those are L1, L2 and up on dpad I think. A bit hard for me to process. Im not used to online games really. Last year I spent a whopping 4 hours online! Did a lot more in 2017 probably with For Honor and Destiny.

Yeah, I ended up playing more Andromeda this weekend than Anthem. I kept getting hung up at 95% loading and didnt want to keep trying. Im getting it anyway so theres no reason to waste my time staring at loading screens.

What I did play was fun. I do wish there was a solo tutorial section first just to learn the controls. It took awhile for me to learn to fly. The combat is very reminiscent of Mass Effect Andromeda which is the best part of that game.

Ill try again today but if I get stuck again, Im not going to bother until release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pretty much get hung up at 95% every time. Just restart the app and hit continue to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    You pretty much get hung up at 95% every time. Just restart the app and hit continue to play.
    Yeah, Ive done that and when I come back, sometimes it offers me the option to rejoin and sometimes it doesnt. Im glad they found out about this now so that it can be fixed by release. Buzz has been positive so I think it sold a lot of people who were on the fence.

VIP weekend was a bust (thanks infinite loading screen). Hopefully this weekend goes better.

This game has BUST written all over it. Beta didn't go well and as usual with EA titles the grind or pay-to-win micro transaction prices are NUTS

Looking at Anthem's mentions on social media, it seems there are still a lot of people having issues getting into this game. They might be killing hype for this game with the demos rather than building it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    This game has BUST written all over it. Beta didn't go well and as usual with EA titles the grind or pay-to-win micro transaction prices are NUTS
    I wasn't able to get into a match last weekend (yet to try this weekend), so I base this off no gameplay - but I fear this game may not do as well as EA hopes.

I still question if gamers have emerged from the RDR2, Spider-Man, COD, Fortnite, et al. stupor and if Anthem has found a way to appeal to casual gamer. The social media-engaged, technologically engaged consumer - yes, I think they are aware and looking forward to this one. I just don't know if the stereotypical Johnny Walmart has this one on their radar. This one very much looks to be in the mold of Destiny and I don't know that Destiny 2 reached or exceeded expactations considering it was a PS+ title already and briefly cheap on Amazon (before Forsaken content).

I haven't heard a follow-up yet, but saw rumors earlier there may be a F2P Titanfall Battle Royale mode releasing on Monday. If true, that would be a dumb move for a fellow EA company to do. Titanfall 2 got pinched when it released next to COD, IIRC. A F2P EA title within weeks of Anthem would be moronic and cause the same pinch here IMO.

Here is a list of known issues that have been reported by the community that the team is looking into. Please note that some of these reported issues may not be able to be fixed prior to the open demo ending. Many of these have already been fixed in the full version of Anthem.

Disconnects within certain areas of the Tyrant Mine
    Unable to end freeplay from menus
    Errors when accessing the Anthem Demo in certain languages
    Storm using ultimate in the Tyrant Mine stronghold will sometimes make the HUD of all other storms in the party lose their UI
    Sound dropping when playing
    Delayed gun recoil that causes camera to shake more than intended
    XP not being rewarded after missions or expeditions
    Disconnects that return players to the start screen
    Fresh accounts that don’t visit the Forge before going on an expedition can lead to a disconnect

This is not a comprehensive list of every issue but some of the key issues the studio is tracking. We will provide updates in this thread as needed.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I haven't heard a follow-up yet, but saw rumors earlier there may be a F2P Titanfall Battle Royale mode releasing on Monday. If true, that would be a dumb move for a fellow EA company to do. Titanfall 2 got pinched when it released next to COD, IIRC. A F2P EA title within weeks of Anthem would be moronic and cause the same pinch here IMO.
    https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-ti...out-1832291956

Its a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, wont let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic.
    That would be doubling down on dumb moves. Titanfall game minus Titans.

I got some game time in yesterday. Everything worked much better than VIP weekend. I enjoyed myself. Nothing caused me to want to cancel my preorder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never got a chance to play it this weekend - out of town for daughter's basketball tournament. Still keeping my pre-order since my son really likes it.

Looks like big marketing bucks for this one. Ads in Times Square as well as a live-action short from Neill Blomkamp (District 9).

Day One Update is now available:

Spoiler: show
    High level fixes

Improved loading times
    Fixed many infinite loading screens
    Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
    A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
    Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers

General Fixes and Improvements

Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
    The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
    At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
    Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
    During the mission What Freelancers Do dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
    Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
    Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
    Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
    Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
    Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
    The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
    Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
    Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
    Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
    Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
    After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
    Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
    Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
    The start of expedition screen has been improved
    Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
    Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
    Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
    Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
    Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
    Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
    Increased the damage of the electric status effect
    Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
    The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
    Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans

Strongholds

Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
    Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
    Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
    Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
    Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
    The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
    Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations

Gear and Weapons

After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
    Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
    Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
    Players can no longer salvage equipped items
    Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
    Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
    The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip

Javelins

The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
    The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
    Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
    The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time
    Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component

Crafting

Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork

Controls

Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made

UI

Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
    The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
    Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
    Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
    Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
    The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
    An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
    The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
    A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
    On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
    Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
    Corrected a user interface issue where a players ultimate would show as available when it isn't

Can you predownload a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Can you predownload a patch?

I really hope the next console generation has that option. Nothing like getting a new game then waiting an hour+ for update(s) to download.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really hope the next console generation has that option. Nothing like getting a new game then waiting an hour+ for update(s) to download.
    I have preordered a few games where there was an update (patch) before the game was released. Metro Exodus was the latest for me. Had it downloaded for weeks and a couple days before the release they updated it. Of course I am all digital so the game has been paid for and sitting on my hard drive. Disc owners will never get that luxury. Since you have to install the game to the hard drive and complete the process before you can update/patch and this is not Minority Report 2 where MS, Sony and Nintendo know in advance you will be buying the disc.

So go full digital and your problem is solved.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 02-19-2019 at 10:59 PM.