Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display
    I’ve had no issues with matchmaking on GM1. On GM2 I find some issues. Don’t know about the lower levels although I have major issues with invites for my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Ive had no issues with matchmaking on GM1. On GM2 I find some issues. Dont know about the lower levels although I have major issues with invites for my son.
    I read an article saying thats the issue. Everyone is playing GM1 and doing strongholds. Anything other difficulty and any other activity beside strongholds and contracts, you cant find any other players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The legendary loot is barely better than GM1. So why do it for loot unless you just like the challenge (which can be fun). The higher difficulties have enemies as bullet sponges and they take a lot longer to:complete. So most people do the much easier GM1 which is quicker and has similar loot.

Got my first legendary in like a week and it’s the third one of something. So hard to get them and it would be nice if they were less pure random and leaned to new items more than old. They really need to fix the loot. And if it was suddenly too good it would allow me to play with different builds. You get stuck playing with one build because it’s the only legendary weapon you have.

On sale this week on PSN. I think it’s close to 40% off.

EA investor call confirms it has disappointed but they are committed. I think 49% of sales were digital.

Finally got Legendary Garred’s Hammer and I find I like my other stuff better now. That’s twice I’ve been really excited to finally get a Lego (other was grenade launcher) but I find myself liking other stuff more instead. I used to love the Railgun but the slow charge and only two ammo slots instead of 3 has me lukewarm on it now.

An update. Fast travel in free play, added icons on the map, d-pad communication with squads and added 3 new Legendary missions. The new missions are nice but if they don't start tying some of the daily or weekly coin bonuses too them they will be under-utilized imo.

They have held back on the Cataclysm again. It will be tested on PC and released later. Doesn't look like we got new weapons or armour yet either. Another delay.

There are a ton of icons during free play now. Targets for more powerful enemies and Question marks for pick up items. I guess I missed a lot of lore lol.

I should probably play with a new javelin to spice things up. Hopefully they announce some big stuff at EA Play. Rumours are of multiple new strongholds and things to do. Hopefully the Cataclysm is good and the loot gets fixed. They have one more shot to get this thing right when they update. If they do well I think people come back, especially since the game can be found cheap.

Yeah, Im waiting for the base to come back. I still havent finished the story so those missions are dead. I had to play them solo and that wasnt worth the frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said they fixed the matchmaking so people would have more members. Not sure how accurate that is.
    Last edited by Rudy; 06-01-2019 at 05:07 AM.

They said they fixed the matchmaking so people would have more members. Not sure how accurate that is.
    Ill check. Im was just getting to purple level when it went dry for me.

The new cataclysm is something different and coming in July. More of an 8 week arcade style leaderboard thing. Some new weapons, story missions and support gear.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#4de577bc148a

Been playing with a Ranger lately to change things up. I like it. Colossus is all about your special weapons and smashing things. Not much gunplay really. Ranger is more gunplay. Have to be careful with less HP. Plus I’m not as strong either.

Son joined a GM1 match with his level 17 and it’s too hard lol. He can die quick.

Cataclysm still isn’t here for consoles.

In the meantime I have been playing with all of the characters to keep it fresh. Just unlocked all their trophies and I’ve done all the weapons challenges. The only trophy I need is the collectables for a platinum. Doubtful I do that. Looks really annoying.

I am absolutely amazed that youre still into it. I still havent beaten the campaign.

I am in a small minority lol.

I am in a small minority lol.
    I was watching a youtube video a few weeks back and it was basically saying that Anthem is clearly like by someone at EA because any other title with so few players would be cancelled on the spot.

I don't think they have much other choice. They sold a ton of copies and have lost a ton of people so they can get those people back with new content. But their roadmap is so delayed it's ridiculous. It was rushed out without enough content and the bad loot drops caused a lot of frustration. I have played a LOT, most of it on GM1 difficulty. I have yet to get a Truth of Tarsis Legendary along with many other legendary items. They needed to add new levels, new weapons and a bunch of new strongholds. They really need double the content.

When they finally stop testing the Cataclysm on PC and release this on console maybe they make more DLC back. The game can be found for $20 for crying out loud. They may even go Free To Play to bring back consumers. Who knows. But you better add a lot of new content. The Free play area needs some boosts.

For myself you can have fun in a lot of areas. Switching characters is good too. I loved the Colossus initially and it still may be my favourite. Just a lot of stomping and big weapons. The Interceptor is kind of weak and designed to melee things but it's Ultimate is a beast - the best in the game imo. You have 10 seconds of invulnerability and melee mayhem. The Storm can hover and take advantage that way. Has some neat elemental attacks. I did like the Ranger which is your all around guy - more armour than Storm and Interceptor but maybe doesn't have the cool weapons they have.

Each class has access to some basic weapons but some weapons can only be used by certain classes. And the specialty (cooldown) weapons and Ultimates are all unique across the 4 classes. Each class has unique armour as well which you are trying to upgrade along with a support system which is pretty weak and needs more things. The combo abilities need to be double checked when building loadouts. The crafting has really been a waste of time other than early adopters - they missed the boat here imo.

Overall I think the game is a lot of fun to play. It's just jump in and play fun. I think if it added new content and made loot a little easier people would come back. I have enjoyed it more than Destiny although I'm partial to third person.

Finally! The big update is here! Cataclysm! New weapons and gear. New things to do. You can turn in rewards to buy better weapons. All kinds of good things from the video. Higher loot drops and GM2 and GM3 are easier now.

Last gasp for air before slowly drowning into the abyss.