Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Anthem

• Facebook
  • Display
    Rudy, just a heads up but the last few links you have posted will not work for anyone else due to it incorporating the OpenDNS you are running while browsing. It is also based on your browsing session, which limits it to what only you can see.

The last link you gave looks like this.

Code:
    https://www.ea.com.x.729f4e120443204c010968b008faf86d76ff.ccc2ee92.id.opendns.com/s/bpb.opendns.com/b/https/www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/patch-10401?X-OpenDNS-Session=aa51dc5c0ccc5aad4_729f4e120443204c010968b008faf86d76ff_73306ce9ebb72e0fdd60be70a4ec52a0d055f831_

Thanks. That’s probably my work computer with all the stuff they filter and do for security. Kind of surprised I can even access the site. I can’t even go on Goodreads at work since they block a ton. Will have to watch that more closely.

An actual good article talking about the good design by the combat team from another developer.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...sign-animation

I went 4-5 days without getting a Legendary and the got 2 in less than 24 hours. One is a good ordnance launcher. If only I could get a Legendary Railgun. I put away my flamethrower for now which prevents me from performing combos and good crowd control but so good for bosses.

The Sunken will be a new Stronghold introduced at the end of the month along with a big patch. I think we will also see a lot of new weapons and armour. Stream on April 17th to show it.

Spring break is next week. I’ll finally get back into this. I was at a point where I was starting you get purple drops more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still feel the Shotgun is underpowered. I have the MW Papa Pump and I'm right next to basic scars and it takes 3 shots to kill them on GM2 difficulty. I prefer the grenade launcher - way more damage. Right now am giving an auto cannon another shot.

The Titan's Hail is pretty sweet as a Legendary now. Almost unlimited ammo and does good damage. I greatly prefer the Flame Thrower than the Electric or Shock coils which I think are overrated. Really want a Legendary Railgun.

I run with an AR on my Ranger. I like shotguns in Mass Effect but when I compare the power of my AR vs. the new SG, the AR always wins.

I’ve got 3 legendary weapons now. Would love a legendary grenade launcher. I have some Legendary armour components for all my other javelins too. Two specific to Colossus and two universals I don’t use since they stink compared to my MW Colossus armour. But pretty good so far. The fact there is no MW or Legendary support is supposed to be added in the next update. I’ve got 3 extra Colossus outfits now.

Good news Anthem players, EA is hiring a Senior LOOT DESIGNER.

https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?op...ysLayoutID=122

BioWare is looking for an creative and passionate Senior Systems Designer with experience in Loot Systems to join our studio in either Austin or Edmonton to work on our newest IP Anthem. Building a truly great server side loot system, that is scalable, has modern concepts like streak-breaking, and easily modifiable data formats. A great loot system ensures that the players have predictable experiences that can be measured with data.

LOL. That sounds funny - but needed!

There isn't much of a reward from jumping up to GM2 (or 3) from GM1. I do my normal contracts and legendary missions on GM2 since they aren't too bad but not the Strongholds and not Freeplay if I end up by myself. I just don't see a big increase in Legendary loot up there and some of the basic enemies are bullet sponges. Very frustrating. I'd rather see more enemies and less spongeworthy but that is harder to scale. I get it but there is too big a gap between GM1 and 2 imo.

Stream got pushed back a week due to a fibre optic line getting cut. I guess they weren’t going to roll out the update in less than 7 days lol.

Here is a good map showing world events. I didn’t even realize their were underwater chests.

Anthem Big Update tomorrow! Before their stream actually. Will be able to checkout the new Stronghold the Sunken after 8 AM EST.

New update is out. Might be around 4 GB. Very nice! Forge anywhere. Go right to another mission without returning to Fort. Fix bugged trophy. Added Stronghold. Awesome. Now just drop me a Legendary Grenade Launcher lol.

They changed the stats on things. All weapons and armour numbers are reduced. But my ordnance and heavy assault launcher are the same. Not sure what is going on although things felt the same.

Not a fan of the new Stronghold. I’m waiting for this thing and it’s annoying. It’s got puzzle stuff going on. Don’t even know what we are supposed to do. And two sets of them. Maybe it gets easier but I’m not a fan of puzzles in the game. I get having some like Indiana Jones and it’s fine (for a bit) in UC and TR but not a 4 player, online loot shooter. Full stop.

And the Roadmap got delayed. Legendary missions and new Cataclysm all pushed back. While I think these changes are good and great for newbies, the lack of a loot boost and delay in new weapons and armour will just bore/frustrate the veterans of the game (if they haven’t quit).

I was fine with the loot drops until Legendary. But those are way too stingy. I still think they should sell the odd blueprint in the store with the level restricts to your power level.

Played the Sunken Stronghold again and it was better the second time. I just let the other people do the puzzle crap and went through it. Heart of Rage is still the best imo. The other two originals are fine too and I still consider this one the worst one.

They also sort the Loot by ranking at the end of the mission which is nice. However, I don't know if they have it auto sorting all the time because to salvage each item now takes slightly longer than before. I really wish they added an option to automatically salvage every item. 90% of the time I do that and after some play sessions I can have 10-15 items and it's just a chore.

Edit: the lower damage scores on universal weapons and armour is a bug lol. Every patch seems to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-25-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Game is 50% off at BB and Amazon over here. Looks like the game will be heavily discounted now. It’s been $30 off (of 80) for awhile and now $40 off.

They need to offer all items in the store and not just rotate them. Their legendary loot drops are still too low. Haven’t gotten one in at least a week. Hopefully the new content comes out sooner than later.

I’m out. I never even got to finish the campaign. I really like the game but now there are so few players out there that matchmaking leaves people playing solo.