Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2018

• Facebook
  • Display
    December 7th for Smash
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I knew Fortnite would be available today.

Super Mario Party looks fun! I think by the end of the year I'll have a Switch.
    Yeah with an almost 3 year old I'll probably bite at the end of the gen or switch 2 as a way to introduce videogames.

A fairly large hole Sony/Ms both have is young child friendly games

In all honesty, how long can Nintendo keep milking the same franchises and largely the same games every console generation before people get tired of it?

That’s not a Nintendo thing. That’s an industry thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

Yep. We're on the 15th Call of Duty, the 11th Battlefield with 13 if you include the Battlefield: Bad Company series, the 11th Assassin's Creed (if you including the smaller games like AC Chronicles, Freedom Cry, etc, that bumps it up to 16 games), we're on the 8th Fallout, we're currently on the 6th main Ghost Recon game with Wildlands. If they ever announce a new Splinter Cell, that'll be the 8th game of the series. The Elder Scrolls has something like 7 or 8 main games in the series. We're up to 15 Final Fantasies now, not including the multiple spin-offs.

Gaming today seems to be 30% new games and 70% remakes/remasters/sequels.

It's an entertainment thing. Hollywood is WORSE.

The budgets for these games/movies is so large now publishers aren't going to risk money on developing new IP when they can just crank out the 1000th comic book/star wars movie or rehash a previously successful "guy" movie and just replace the cast with women. Etc.....
    Last edited by CLW; 06-12-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep. We're on the 15th Call of Duty, the 11th Battlefield with 13 if you include the Battlefield: Bad Company series, the 11th Assassin's Creed (if you including the smaller games like AC Chronicles, Freedom Cry, etc, that bumps it up to 16 games), we're on the 8th Fallout, we're currently on the 6th main Ghost Recon game with Wildlands. If they ever announce a new Splinter Cell, that'll be the 8th game of the series. The Elder Scrolls has something like 7 or 8 main games in the series. We're up to 15 Final Fantasies now, not including the multiple spin-offs.

Gaming today seems to be 30% new games and 70% remakes/remasters/sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

The budgets for these games/movies is so large now publishers aren't going to risk money on developing new IP when they can just crank out the 1000th comic book/star wars movie or rehash a previously successful "guy" movie and just replace the cast with women. Etc.....
    All of the above, exactly right.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

Hollywood is the worst. Not just with sequels but freaking reboots. Halloween is now on it's second reboot of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    In all honesty, how long can Nintendo keep milking the same franchises and largely the same games every console generation before people get tired of it?
    Something else to chime in with what the others have said. Unlike the yearly sequels, Nintendo Franchise are not tossed out yearly. We may not see another Zelda or Mario this gen or it will be at the very end of the Switch lifespan. It took fans almost a decade to get Nintendo to bring back Metroid. Which was a very successful first party game.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-12-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Fake Ex_CEO Kaz Hirai is retiring after E3 but he is going out with a bang

Arrogant Sony...

https://kotaku.com/ps4-fortnite-acco...itc-1826783281

The Elder Scrolls Blades Won't Have An Open World At Launch, But May Add One Later

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6459818/

I did not get to see EA's presentation but Dunky came through with the epic LOL for those who missed it. (starts at 1:25 to 1:45). Welcome to America!