Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Thought 2: what is difficult about this game is how some challenges almost require you to have at least one other person. Sometimes you just have too many enemies to take on by yourself.
    Checks Fallout 76 list of weapons.
    Sees Fat Man will be available.
    I'm good.

If you are on hit me up. Did not touch or watch any of the beta footage outside of the video I posted on the last page, so I will be flying blind for the most part.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article...-november-2018

Since Vault 76 opened to the world in B.E.T.A. and official launch, we’ve loved reading about your adventures and seeing your incredible photos from all over Appalachia. With launch day behind us, we’re now looking toward the immediate future for Fallout 76 and what that means for both the short and long term. Before we get to new content and other additions, we want you to know that we have seen your feedback, taken note of issues, and value the time you have taken to provide your thoughts and report problems.

So first and foremost, we have our first patch coming Monday, November 19 – and while this update has many performance fixes and optimizations in it, we know some of your biggest requests, including an increased Stash Limit and several PC Quality of Life adjustments, are not included in this update. These features are coming in the next several weeks.

Our plan is to update the game on a regular basis with patch notes that detail what we are addressing with each update. If that changes, we’ll let folks know as things may shift as we need to balance adding features with server stability and maintenance. Following our post on Reddit, here’s the latest on where we are with our next updates.
    UPCOMING FIXED BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
    November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platformsbut will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
    Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
    Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
    Ultrawide Support – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
    FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.
    As always, we strive to make Fallout 76 a better experience and value all your feedback and reports of issues on reddit, Twitter, our official forums and other places.

LOOKING AHEAD TO 2019
    We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you.

The stash increase will be nice.

First reviews for the game have hit and they are not very good. Lowest is a 3 out of 10 so far. I would say in it's current form it is a 5 out of 10.

Digital foundry took a look and...

At points it runs the worst on the Xbox One X. Down to almost 10 FPS in some areas. As an owner of the Xbox One X I can attest this this. The XB1X is the only console to run in 4K and I am sure this does not help. This is why many companies allow for an option for better framerate at 1080P as an option to playing in 4K. They already knew this as their 4K patch for Skyrim and Fallout 4 on the Xbox One X killed the framerate. Did they care to fix it? No. Option for 1080P/Framerate version? No.

or... Like Red Dead Redemption 2 which only runs in 4K on the Xbox One X but is a 30fps smooth performance with very few hits to framerate in a world that is far more graphically taking. By a lot. A while lot. Leaving anyone with half a brain to realize Bethesda kinda sucks ass when it comes to optimization and they need to fix their shit ASAP.

I'm still pissed about losing all our LOOT when we died in Charleston. Man that ticks me off. We can't pick up our loot because it's below the debris. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

It sounds like maybe it was a good thing I didn't buy this day one like I had thought about doing last week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When playing with someone, it's fun, if for anything to have someone to laugh with you at the massive amounts of jank. I think the funniest part is there are a few bugs in Fallout 76 that are carried over from Fallout 4 that Bethesda did not fix. Ironically modders were able to fix these issues in Fallout 4, so we might have to wait for modding to be added and a Fallout 76 Unofficial patch mod.

Hold on a sec, I need to eat something.

The horrid framerate. Going to place on the map to find something that never spawns properly (broken quests).

Hold on a sec, I need to drink something.

Enemies that are frozen as you walk around them and they do not move. Dying and losing hours worth finding junk, as Jaymo mentioned because the scrap bag you are looking to recover after dying is 500 ft below the earth's surface. Which I needed to repair my guns and armor.

Hold on a sec, I need to eat and drink something.

Could it be saved by a few patches? Possibly.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-18-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Jaymo, remember when I had you check out the glitched player and for some reason he showed up as normal to you. This is what I was talking about.

I've enjoyed it so far, and have a good feeling it will only get better. Just like Elder Scrolls Online did.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/17/1...s4-xbox-one-pc
    The dude abides.

I can probably guarantee you that NPC's are added in 2.0, of course that is a long ways away
    The dude abides.

Not everyone is satisfied with their Fallout 76 purchase it seems.

The huge new Fallout 76 update weighs in at a whopping 47GB on PS4/Xbox, so don't expect to be playing online anytime soon.

Bethesda confirmed the news on Twitter, telling fans to stay tuned for fresh updates.

"We've brought #Fallout76 offline for scheduled maintenance," reads a Bethesda tweet. "During this time you will be unable to log into or play Fallout 76. Please stay tuned for updates!"

While the size of the update isn't ideal, fans will be happy to hear that it solves some of the game's biggest problems.

This includes a fix for freezing and stuttering issues, plus bug fixes and stability improvements.

Fallout 76 Update 1.02 Patch Notes...

GENERAL

• Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.

• Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.

• Xbox: Fixed an issue that could lead to instability on certain menus.

BUG FIXES

ART AND GRAPHICS

• Ambient Occlusion: Placed items no longer leave behind shadow outlines after being picked up.

• Camera: The game camera now pans more smoothly when the player enters furniture.

• Graphics: The cover of Tesla Science magazine Issue 9 no longer appears solid red on pickup, or when inspected.

ENEMIES

• General: Fixed an issue in which some enemies could chase the player farther than intended.

• Loot: Ghoul and Scorched Officers now correctly drop nuke code pieces upon being killed by a player.

C.A.M.P., WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING

• Blueprints: Fixed an issue that could cause Blueprints to break into smaller parts after logging out and back in to Fallout 76.

• Plans: Paints applied to Power Armor during the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. will now appear correctly on the items that were painted, and those paints can now correctly be applied to additional sets of Power Armor.

• Repair: Fixed an issue that could cause an item to return to a broken state after being repaired.

QUESTS

• Bureau of Tourism: The Prickett’s Fort Token Dispenser can now be repaired, and players can no longer walk through it.

PVP

• Pacifist Mode: Players with Pacifist Mode enabled who engage in PVP by contesting a Workshop owned by another player will now correctly deal full damage to that player as long as they remain hostile.

• Respawn: Choosing the "Respawn" option after dying during PVP combat will now correctly clear any active hostile status toward other players.

• Seek Revenge: Cap rewards will now display correctly when choosing the “Seek Revenge” respawn option after being killed by another player.

• Seek Revenge: When targeted by another player who is seeking revenge, the reward amount will now display the correct number of Caps that can be earned by killing that player.

USER INTERFACE

• Languages: Korean fonts will now be displayed correctly in game menus.

• Hotkeys: The “Take Photo” hotkey can no longer be rebound and is now tied to the space bar on PC and the A button on controllers.

• Hotkeys: Fixed an issue that could cause the “Take Snapshot” button in Photomode to display an incorrect hotkey.

• Social: Fixed an issue that could cause players to disappear from each other’s social menus if two players each sent a friend invite to one another.

• Social: Fixed an issue that prevented newly equipped Player Icons from displaying to other players in the Social Menu.

And of course even with my XB1X always on, it failed to start the patch when it was released so will have to dl that 48 GB while I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It sounds like maybe it was a good thing I didn't buy this day one like I had thought about doing last week.

When you pick it up let us know. Bdoughty and I have been exploring pretty much every night.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Jaymo, remember when I had you check out the glitched player and for some reason he showed up as normal to you. This is what I was talking about.

That's bizarre! He was fine on my screen.

46GB of 47GB downloaded!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    When you pick it up let us know. Bdoughty and I have been exploring pretty much every night.
    Yeah, I imagine I'll end up getting it eventually. May wait for some more patching though before I bite. I've still got to get through RDR2 and Just Cause 4 releasing here in a couple weeks, so it might not be until after Christmas before I start looking at FO76.

You guys are all on Xbox, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I imagine I'll end up getting it eventually. May wait for some more patching though before I bite. I've still got to get through RDR2 and Just Cause 4 releasing here in a couple weeks, so it might not be until after Christmas before I start looking at FO76.

You guys are all on Xbox, right?
    Me and Jaymo are. Pretty sure JB is playing on the PS4.

- Patch 1.02 is 47GB on both PS4/XBO. PC update is 15GB.
    - The patch seems to copy over most of the game files, the patch size doesn't add on top of the already installed data (i-e 45GB beforehand, 47 GB afterward. Not 45 + 47 )
    - Basic resolution metrics remain the same, nothing has been compromised visually with the patch.
    - Frame time spikes galore still present.
    - Stutters still present on all consoles despite Bathesda's claim to have fixed it in the patch notes.

- XBX version runs better in the trouble area where it dropped to 10 FPS before, but has potential for big drops elsewhere.
    - OG PS4/XBO and Pro also still have plenty of frame drops. Pro drops to 19~20 FPS when using flame effect based weaponry as pointed out.

Well this is generally not a good sign, even with Black Friday hitting.

Fallout 76 already discounted 33% of on the Microsoft/Xbox Store. (6 days left)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fa...%3Aoverviewtab

Game looks like total ASS. I'm not sure how/why Bethesda and this series in particular have gotten away with putting out such a clearly inferior product it makes ea look decent