Thread: Days Gone

• Facebook
  • Display

Days Gone

I am getting this game this weekend. Hopefully it’s good. The story is supposed to be about 30 hours. Looks like it’s more open world story based like HZD. There are some RPG skill tress I guess. No co-op or online play. Three types of freaker zombies which are tougher at night. Your bike is crucial for travel and ammo. I have a feeling this game isn’t going to be as good as HZD or TLOU but as long as the review scores are in the 70s I can be fine with it. Not many games out right now. I remember last fall being stupid packed with games. Outside of Anthem I have nothing else really.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/...ay-impressions

You can get a free theme and avatar from the PSN store.

So uh... Could one of you Gamechanger Fellas send a copy of that video to Tiburon? That is how you to do weather and it would be great in Madden.

I'm going to have to do some in depth looking into this game. I have a $50 Visa gift card from March Madness at work and a $25 Amazon gift card, that I'm probably going to end up combining go buy $75 worth of PS Store credit in Amazon. As far as I know, this was the only game release that I had initially had any interest in until September or October.

Only issue, I haven't really followed or kept up with this game since E3, so I don't remember shit about the details and plot of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Review scores are averaging 72 right now (58 reviews). Sort of what I expected. A decent game, maybe better to rent since it's offline only. I'm picking it up anyways.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/days-gone
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-25-2019 at 07:53 AM.

I'm still debating if I'm going to buy this tonight or wait on it and pick up Resident Evil 2. Decisions, decisions.

If I had a PS4 I would be picking it up but such is my fondness for open world games.

Looking at the reviews, how Variety is allowed on Metacritic is beyond me. After the Division 2 debacle, they seem to be going full click bait.

There is always one special child that spends less time discussing the game and most of the time the moral quandaries.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...orth-your-time

This is actually in the review.

the developers routinely cited Sons of Anarchy as a primary inspiration, and the three main leads of Days Gone have an awfully similar dynamic of that saga.

Kurt Sutter’s seven-season drama focused on a biker gang whose stated goal was protecting a community but routinely drowned it in unwanted violence.
    Would anyone have watched it if it was not drowning in violence? It's a show about bikers and anarchy. How do you expect a biker club to protect a community. Bake sales?

I’ve tried to avoid reading reviews. I just hope the shotgun is fun as I always love a good shotgun. Especially after it being under powered in Anthem.

Alright, what the hell, I went ahead and bought this just now and have it started downloading. I'll wait and pick up Resident Evil 2 some point later when it's on sale.

I'll be honest feels like a high 70s low 80s game but the games press seems to be bashing it bc the protagonist is a white male calling it things like stale or bland in a feeble attempt to hide their ssjw activism

Played for an hour this morning. Game is pretty. Lots of cut scenes and interruptions early on with tips and things. Standard gun play, crouch, hide in bushes and melee. Look for supplies and they are important. Nothing really special or bad yet. Briefly rode the motorcycle and it is sensitive to steer.

I like sneaking around and throwing rocks for distractions. The elements of finding supplies is a lot like TLOU. Need to have gas for my bike. But the story telling is very disjointed. Fade in/outs and interrupting conversations with pop ups is not good production. This a B team work. I get why it gets low 70s. Still very early though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I like sneaking around and throwing rocks for distractions. The elements of finding supplies is a lot like TLOU. Need to have gas for my bike. But the story telling is very disjointed. Fade in/outs and interrupting conversations with pop ups is not good production. This a B team work. I get why it gets low 70s. Still very early though.
    Well it's their A team but you have to remember this is their first game Bend Studios has developed in seven years. They will always have a special place in my heart as they were the guys who created the Syphon Filter series. They also made one of the worst games in history, "Bubsy 3D." Yet that game brought us Ulillillia. A man with OCD so severe it makes my OCD blush.

It’s just so jarring early on with how bad the game transitions from cut scenes to playing. Uncharted did such a nice job it was seamless. Barely knew when it switched. This game basically punches you in the face for every transition lol. A little surprised they didn’t work harder on that.

Right now it’s not open world yet. They actually use 4 different swipes on the touchpad to open maps, skill trees, etc. Looks like a decent amount of options. Traditional R3 Spidey sense for environment. L3 to run. I don’t think there is a cover button but you can crouch and hide in garbage cans lol. And melee weapons have a shelf life.

Apparently the devs have no idea how fuel efficient motorcycles are lol. Drive for two minutes and gas is down 20%. I still don’t understand why the guns are so weak. Melee is just as effective. Takes too many hits to take people down.

I’m glad I got this for C$30 off. This game is nowhere close to TLOU status. Part of me thinks I should just replay that instead.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-28-2019 at 07:08 AM.

How are you guys liking it? I don’t care about continuing at this point. I got to a forced stealth mission and just quit. It’s not terrible but I’d just rather play other things atm.

That ending was. AMAZING!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.