Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    About to hit lvl 41 and really digging the advice on the melee build. That has been a savior to me as I was eating up ammo. Now I have plenty of ammo but can't find enough screws. Had to purchase them and that covers fixing one piece of power armor. I have 30+ Stimpacks, so if you are looking to trade? Will be on in 30-45 minutes.

Have to give Jaymo some credit tonight. I gave him 10 Strimpaks, did not say what I wanted in trade. Later on I told him we were square if he said, "The USA is the greatest country in the world, 10 times." He laughed and gave me some loose screws.

Spoiler: show
    Was not expecting the screws to be loose.

Decided to hit the Cranberry Bog to see what the fuss was about. Ran into a gigantic mental institution and was met with a lvl 85 Scorched beast. While hiding I noticed a lvl 100+ guy fighting it so I decided to help out, barely putting a dent in it but he gave us the kill and I made it to lvl 42. Made the mistake of going into the institution after he went in so I have level 65 charred ghouls to deal with. They actually went down much easier with the machete. So much so I now carry a spare because melee is so much better than shooting most things.

Also will have you a full set of excavator power armor that you can wear (lvl 25 min) that is part of a quest I am about to finish. Now you can play in style. It does not have the resistance of a T-51 but will be better than running naked through the marsh sucking up rads. The main benefit for me is once you complete the quest you get a PLAN: Power Armor Workbench. The only other way to get a Plan for the PA Workbench is to find a vendor that sells it for 1000 CAPS, which I never have.

The excavator armor does have a nice perk. Gives you and extra 100lb carry capacity. Can also be rebuilt to lvl 35 and 45.

Today just pissed me off!

1. My base is gone … again... regardless of what server I spawn to
    2. I got shot in the back when out of power armour at a work station... they then proceed to take my loot from my bag
    3. I try to respawn and the game freezes and crashes on me

… at that point I turned the system off. I was having fun but that's just too much.

Sorry about that, I know that feeling well. They even delayed the console patch a couple days which is another kick in the nads.

Of all the creatures I have faced in the game, there is none scarier than the Bethesda Jank Monster.

Another fake HDR game

https://youtu.be/mE-_3aabOU8

Went ahead and ran through the Nuke quest since I will have to run it again with Jaymo. Pretty difficult solo but I got it done. Noticed there were a few 100 level players over where you nuke the fissure site to bring out the Queen Scorchbeast. Got lucky and had at least 5 lvl 100 already fighting her when I got there. Did very little damage myself but these guys were veterans and took her out with more than 5 minutes left. Got credit for the kill and walked away satisfied.

Completely forgot to look for the overseers take in the nuke launch so that is something for me to do when I run it again.

Once I am done with that the game gets shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Went ahead and ran through the Nuke quest since I will have to run it again with Jaymo. Pretty difficult solo but I got it done. Noticed there were a few 100 level players over where you nuke the fissure site to bring out the Queen Scorchbeast. Got lucky and had at least 5 lvl 100 already fighting her when I got there. Did very little damage myself but these guys were veterans and took her out with more than 5 minutes left. Got credit for the kill and walked away satisfied.

Completely forgot to look for the overseers take in the nuke launch so that is something for me to do when I run it again.

Once I am done with that the game gets shelved.

I have all 8 pieces and have done most of the mission but I need help as there are too many robotos when I am trying to fix the nuclear reactor pipes. I hope to deploy the nuke tonight then I will also sit back and wait to see what the new year brings for this game.

After that marathon session last night... I'm done. Close to finishing and the POS crashes. We tried one more time but had nothing left to complete an insane mission. I love FALLOUT lore and legend and I got my monies worthg with this game but this closure leaves a bad taste in my mouth….

Bethesda has put out a roadmap for the game.

Fallout 76’s new mode, Survival, arrives in March along with new missions, new items and more features. Bethesda Game Studios shared all the details today in a six-month development roadmap for the game, which will bring high-level raids this summer and an even larger update in the fall.

Developers have three quarterly updates planned — March 12’s Wild Appalachia (whose name and some other details had been announced earlier); the summer’s Nuclear Winter; and then Wastelanders in the fall.

I think Bdoughty was of the opinion that this is game of the year material...

It's MEAT WEEK in the Wasteland. I will need to logon and check this out.

https://www.newsweek.com/fallout-76-...ewards-1452301

Honeslty this game had a brutal start but it's made some big improvements since release and they continue to support it. I will need to put some time into this game again. It's much better with friends rather than solo IMO.