Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1, PC)

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/30/17...c-ps4-xbox-one

Following a 24-hour livestream on Twitch, Bethesda Softworks unveiled the next game set in the Fallout universe. It’s called Fallout 76, which refers to the vault where it takes place.

The teaser trailer, embedded above, includes scenes set inside a relatively well-maintained fallout shelter. The vault looks decked out for a party, with balloons and confetti all over. A sign says that the occasion is called “Reclamation Day.” A Pip-Boy makes an appearance during the teaser, but there’s a conspicuous lack of weapons of any kind. The entire setting looks extremely domestic, set inside a child’s bedroom and a family living space.

The only character shown on screen is a single vault dweller, donning a blue Vault 76 suit and wearing a Pip-Boy with a date that reads Oct. 27, 2102. A broadcast in the trailer features an official saying, “When the fighting has stopped and the fallout has settled, you must rebuild.”

The teaser trailer’s musical score is a cover of John Denver’s 1971 hit “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” which could indicate that Fallout 76 takes place in the state of West Virginia. Files on Bethesda’s press site appear to refer to the game by the codename “Mountain,” which could also be a hint that the game will take place in or near the Appalachian Mountains.

Kotaku reported that Fallout 76 will be “an online game of some sort.” Polygon has also heard the game will feature multiplayer.

A press release sent out by Bethesda said Fallout 76 is in development at Bethesda Game Studios on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. We expect to learn more during this year’s E3 in Los Angeles. Bethesda has its own press conference, called BE3, scheduled for Sunday, June 10, at 6:30 p.m. PT. It’s the publisher’s fourth dedicated E3 event.
    The dude abides.

Wonder if the Pip Boy is showing the release date in 2018?

Definitely interested in the concept.
    The dude abides.

Some background...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/30/17...at-is-vault-76

Fallout 76, a new Fallout game that got an unexpected teaser trailer today, references one of the many fictitious vaults of the post-apocalyptic series’ canon. This one is Vault 76, which meticulous Fallout fans may remember being mentioned in passing in 2008’s Fallout 3.

In that game, inside the Citadel (the headquarters of the Brotherhood of Steel and staging area for the final missions of the main story) is a Vault-Tec terminal. Vault 76 is located in Virginia (or perhaps now West Virginia, given that the teaser trailer is set to “Take Me Home, Country Roads”).

As noted by Fallout wiki Nukapedia, Vault 76 is one of 17 “control vaults,” as opposed to the experimental vaults, where Vault-Tec was observing human behavior under other introduced conditions. In the teaser trailer, Vault 76 appears to be tasked with rebuilding the Wasteland and restoring civil order to it.

Vault 76 is also referenced in the Mothership Zeta expansion for Fallout 3, and then again in the introductory sequence of 2015’s Fallout 4, where the news reader mentions Vault 76 opening in honor of the United States’ tricentennial.

Per the terminal at the Citadel, this is Vault 76:

Construction begun: February 2065
    Construction complete: October 2069
    Occupants: 500
    Duration: 240 months
    Computer system: Brainpower 4
    Primary power supply: LightLife Geo-Thermal
    Secondary Power Supply: General Atomics Nuclear Power
    Non-Standard Equipment: none
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

I certaintly wouldn't put it past Bethesda to do something like that and make it a little Easter egg type thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Link: Kotaku

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game.

But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-30-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Date on the Pip Boy is October 27, 2102 leading to people believing this game is actually a prequel.

Or that is an original Pip Boy or something and the year is 2376 just before this event in the Fallout timeline...

Estimated year that the United States will be habitable again, according to the Vault 101 PA System.

They just used that date on the Pop Boy to throw everyone off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I really hope Kotaku was completely wrong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

The dude abides.

Supposedly Kotaku is wrong according to a leaker on Reddit. Came across these pictures posted in the Fallout thread over on OS.

Someone posted this on Reddit. Apparently the same date Amazon had accidentally listed before using a generic date.

Smart move if true. With so many gigantic games hitting in the fall, getting in early would be wise.

Shit, there goes my summer. Between State of Decay 2, Jurassic World Evolution next week, Vampyr, Spiderman in September and now this if it does release end of July, plus trying to keep advancing my Rockies franchise in MLB 18, and actually play my modded run through in Fallout 4 more than once every 5 months, my free time this summer just went to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Someone posted this on Reddit. Apparently the same date Amazon had accidentally listed before using a generic date.

Smart move if true. With so many gigantic games hitting in the fall, getting in early would be wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Shit, there goes my summer. Between State of Decay 2, Jurassic World Evolution next week, Vampyr, Spiderman in September and now this if it does release end of July, plus trying to keep advancing my Rockies franchise in MLB 18, and actually play my modded run through in Fallout 4 more than once every 5 months, my free time this summer just went to hell.

I hope that's not true. For me I won't have time until XMAS for another game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I hope that's not true. For me I won't have time until XMAS for another game.
    That would be to your benefit. The longer it is out the better chance you have of finding a price drop or Black Friday sale on the game.

Definitely a much greener and foliage fill world compared to FO3 and 4. It's going to be available to pre-order starting June 15th. We'll find out the release date in two hours.

With it being a prequel you'd hope they made it that way. Watch it comes out next month
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Definitely a much greener and foliage fill world compared to FO3 and 4. It's going to be available to pre-order starting June 15th. We'll find out the release date in two hours.
    The dude abides.

With it being a prequel you'd hope they made it that way. Watch it comes out next month

If that previous picture showing a potential July 31st release date is true, well, there goes my entire August!

My notes from the Bethesda press conference:

Now we're talking about Fallout 76. Prequel to all other Fallout games, and 4 times the size of Fallout 4. Once of the first people to emerge into an untamed wasteland.

Currently showing the same trailer that played in the Microsoft conference.

Now playing a video showing Reclamation Day in Vault 76. I think this may actually be a gameplay video.

All new rendering, lightning and landscape technology. 6 distinct regions you'll discover. New creatures. They even use the folklore of West Virginia. Shit, gonna be some creepy new creatures.

Multiplayer confirmed. Fallout 76 is entirely online. You CAN play the game solo. You can still be who you want and explore the world doing quests.

It'll be soft-core survival compared to survival modes of other Fallout games. Your character isn't tied to one server. You'll be in a world with dozens of other players. You can join your friends whenever you want and all of your progression goes with you. It'll be a wide open world with very few rules. The choices are yours and you'll decide what happens. You'll decide the heroes and you'll decide the villains.

Now showing some Vault-Tec informational videos.

Son of a bitch, there will be PVP it appears.

Again, you can still play solo, but you can also team up.

YOU CAN BUILD WHEREVER YOU WANT! It sounds to me like no more limited settlements, you can build wherever the fuck you feel like it. Yes! Your buildings and settlements can be DESTROYED by monsters and enemy attacks. There's a camera mode also added to the game.

Oh shit, there will be multiple nuclear missile sites on the map, and you can do whatever you want with them. Lots of death on the horizon I foresee!

You have to track down the individual letters of a launch code, and can launch a nuclear missile anywhere on the map you want.

100% dedicated servers to support this game now and for years to come.

There will be a Fallout 76 Beta. The "Break-It Early Test Application" sponsored by Vault-Tec.

There will be a Collector's Edition, that starts with a map of the world that "glows in the fucking dark". Comes with figures you can put on the map and a Fallout collectible, a wearable T-51 Power Armor helmet with working headlamp and voice modulation.

It will release November 14, 2018.

The entire Fallout 76 segment of the Bethesda conference. The actual discussion and videos of Fallout 76 start around the 5:30 mark.