Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of Decay 2 (XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Got a A10 (Astiro?) headset. Looked like a middle of the line setup and the best one Walmart had to offer in stock that was not wireless. So hopefully they patch it up soon and we can get some multiplayer in.

We gots patches bitches!

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/06...h-1-2-release/

Patch 1.2 Release!

Greetings survivors!

While your incredible communities have been busy slaying over 600 million zeds since launch (congrats!), the entire State of Decay 2 team has been working hard to bring you bug fixes, gameplay tune-ups, and quality of life improvements in the 1.2 patch. Please note that the 1.2 patch weighs in at 20GB, making this a significant download that’s just in time for a leisurely weekend of apocalypse survival. This is an automatic update you will be prompted to install upon logging in, and it will not affect your saved game. We are always listening to our fans in order to improve your game experience, and we will continue to bring you updates and additional content as you explore all that State of Decay 2 has to offer.

Some of the most noticeable changes in this patch include stability, performance, and multiplayer improvements. Though as you can probably guess by the hefty 20GB download we’ve also included a huge amount of smaller quality of life fixes throughout the game. Here is a more thorough list of highlighted fixes for those of you that really want to sink your teeth into it

A personal note from Jeff Strain, Studio Head of Undead Labs

Hey fellow survivors, I just wanted to drop in a quick personal note on behalf of the development team to thank you for your support and for jumping in with us on State of Decay 2. This patch today is just the beginning — we have big plans for State of Decay 2, and we’re humbled and appreciative to you for giving us the opportunity to make those big plans happen. Keep playing, keep surviving (or not, as sometimes happens), and stay tuned for more good stuff! — Jeff

Thank you for playing!

Your State of Decay 2 team
    Patch 1.2 Highlighted Changes

The 1.2 patch features significant improvements related to:

• Increased stability
    • Improved networking interactions for clients
    • Improved networked vehicle interactions
    • Elimination of Out Of Memory crashes

Patch 1.2 Highlights

Gameplay

• Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing
    • Fixed instances of clients dealing damage to their host’s non-active community members with explosives
    • Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player’s character model (which had caused flickering shadows)
    • Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight in multiplayer
    • Fixed issue with doors appearing the opposite of the state they are in
    • Resolved situation where, when getting into vehicles, the camera could become detached from the player’s character
    • Fixed issue where, when clients swap weapons while in vehicles, the weapons do not swap upon exit from vehicle
    • Fixed rare bug that could prevent Warlord legacy arc from being completed
    • Fixed rare bug that could block Sheriff legacy arc from starting
    • Fixed issue where player’s loot sometimes becomes invisible until their entire backpack is deposited into a Supply Locker

Networking and Multiplayer

• Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements
    • Game now exits to main menu faster when a client loses their internet connection, so players will no longer hang after dismissing the pop-up
    • Improved network vehicle interactions in multiplayer games to address weird “rubber-banding” and physics issues (including cars flying into the air).
    • Host facilities no longer appear invisible to clients during multiplayer

Zombie and Character Behavior

• Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
    • Reduction of step height to prevent survivors popping up onto props while moving

HUD

• Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
    • Community advice list no longer shows up under vignette on the map

Environment and Collision

• Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players or vehicles were getting stuck
    • Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players were getting stuck in an infinite freefall animation loop
    • Elimination of white line that appears when driving at night time
    • Addressed a variety of spots in world where player was not able to climb over props they should’ve been able to
    • Additional polish and reduction of LOD popping
    • Additional lighting tuning passes, reduction in glowing props

Other Fixes

• Addressed a variety of general crash bugs
    • Updated a number of strings that were previously hardcoded in English
    • Audio mix optimizations

Downloading now. Wish they had fixed the motion blur but hopefully in the next one. They had plenty of stuff to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Downloading now. Wish they had fixed the motion blur but hopefully in the next one. They had plenty of stuff to fix.
    Yeah, I was also hoping to see them fix and tone down the frequency of requests from enclaves in this patch, but it's a start! A 20 GB patch is insane. Now that they apparently got the large size fixes out of the way, hopefully they'll start making updates to the game that the community has requested.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I was also hoping to see them fix and tone down the frequency of requests from enclaves in this patch, but it's a start! A 20 GB patch is insane. Now that they apparently got the large size fixes out of the way, hopefully they'll start making updates to the game that the community has requested.
    Some bugs should never be fixed. Not my video but I have run into two of these guys.

Some bugs should never be fixed. Not my video but I have run into two of these guys.

Absolutely! Mr. Conehead should never go away!

Toyed around with it for a few minutes and they did not fix the hidden infestations. They also still have my morale dinged for not having a watchtower, yet I have a sniper tower (builder upgrade).

Toyed around with it for a few minutes and they did not fix the hidden infestations. They also still have my morale dinged for not having a watchtower, yet I have a sniper tower (builder upgrade).
    Damn, hidden infestations and watchtower/sniper tower fixes are right behind toned down enclave requests for my top wanted bug fixes.

Patch 1.3 is up! It's a 5.04 GB patch this time.

Patch 1.3 Highlights

Crash Fixes

• Fixed issue where PC players were crashing on launch if they were in locales that do not support text-to-speech
    • Fixed crashes players were experiencing when loading into their communities
    • Improved stability

Improved Diagnostics

• Better logging to help troubleshoot startup crashes
    • More granular crash tracking between the different Xbox platforms
    • Better PC crash reporting

Other Fixes

• General stability improvements

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/06...h-1-3-is-live/
    Glad to see they're working on crashes and stability. That is always a huge issue. Still wish they would do something about the frequency of enclave requests. I've been holding off on playing SoD2 for the past week in hopes that they would tone the frequency down so I wouldn't end up with so many enclaves either turning hostile or up and leaving entirely because I couldn't respond to all of them in time. I may just have to say fuck it, bite the bullet and deal with pissed off or leaving enclaves. I want to dive back into my new community and have been itching to kill some zombies again.

Same here on the constant requests from the Enclaves. Tough I generally ignore them and they just leave. Most of the time they are just too lazy to scavenge and want you to do it for them. If only they were looking for a turntable, I got tons of those.

Same here on the constant requests from the Enclaves. Tough I generally ignore them and they just leave. Most of the time they are just too lazy to scavenge and want you to do it for them. If only they were looking for a turntable, I got tons of those.
    Yeah, I think I'm just gonna say screw it and give in and jump back into my community. I was planning on ultimately moving to Camp Kelenqua or Whitney Field from the starter house in this new community (since I've already done Mazarra Farm and turned it into a self-sufficient base, I want to try something different this time), but after seeing two set ups that people have done at Squelones Brewing Company over on Reddit, I'm now planning on jump straight from the starter house to Squelones and making that my permanent base for this community. Apparently you can become quite the pharmaceutical drug lord thanks to the two built in stills at Squelones. Just build a medical hydroponics (gives you essentially unlimited medicine resource), a pill press mod, make your own ethanol from one of the stills and someone with pharmacologist skill, and you can pump out strong painkillers out the ass. Sell them in a stack of 6 for 204 influence at traders.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna say screw it and give in and jump back into my community. I was planning on ultimately moving to Camp Kelenqua or Whitney Field from the starter house in this new community (since I've already done Mazarra Farm and turned it into a self-sufficient base, I want to try something different this time), but after seeing two set ups that people have done at Squelones Brewing Company over on Reddit, I'm now planning on jump straight from the starter house to Squelones and making that my permanent base for this community. Apparently you can become quite the pharmaceutical drug lord thanks to the two built in stills at Squelones. Just build a medical hydroponics (gives you essentially unlimited medicine resource), a pill press mod, make your own ethanol from one of the stills and someone with pharmacologist skill, and you can pump out strong painkillers out the ass. Sell them in a stack of 6 for 204 influence at traders.
    If you ever stream on TWITCH or MIXER or record on YOUTUBE, let me know and if I'm free I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    If you ever stream on TWITCH or MIXER or record on YOUTUBE, let me know and if I'm free I'll check it out.
    I haven't really done much of any streaming in the past two or three years. I only tended to stream sports games in the past, because I'm one of those people that don't just play the story, I wander off and do the randomest of shit. Like playing Skyrim Special Edition on PS4. I would literally spend an entire gaming session doing nothing but fucking around in Whiterun and going from icon to icon on the map in the region around Whiterun just discovering location after location. From the time I left Riverwood to the time I advanced the story enough to fight the first dragon appearance outside Whiterun, was probably literally two weeks in real life. I'd get on for 2 or 3 hours a night when I had time and just do nothing but explore.

Fallout would be even worse. I'm over 20 hours into my modded playthrough of Fallout 4, and all I have done is return to Sanctuary Hills, travel to Concord, save Preston and company and bring them back to Sanctuary. That's it as far as the story and even as far as exploration/discovering locations. I have spend the other 18 hours sitting in Sanctuary just settlement building. 99% of people would probably be bored to tears watching me do stuff like that, so I never bother streaming games like FO4, Skyrim, GTA V or Final Fantasy or something.

However, a game like State of Decay 2 would actually be sort of perfect. While there is stuff to be done at your base, there is only so much to do. So majority of the time is spent exploring the map, looting houses and buildings and killing zombies, which is actually something that would be interesting to watch.

So next time I get on SoD2, I'll look into setting up a stream. I have used Twitch in the past, but I might try out Mixer or just record to YouTube instead of bothering with Twitch. So if I do get a stream rolling, I'll absolutely let you know!

I haven't really done much of any streaming in the past two or three years. I only tended to stream sports games in the past, because I'm one of those people that don't just play the story, I wander off and do the randomest of shit. Like playing Skyrim Special Edition on PS4. I would literally spend an entire gaming session doing nothing but fucking around in Whiterun and going from icon to icon on the map in the region around Whiterun just discovering location after location. From the time I left Riverwood to the time I advanced the story enough to fight the first dragon appearance outside Whiterun, was probably literally two weeks in real life. I'd get on for 2 or 3 hours a night when I had time and just do nothing but explore.

Fallout would be even worse. I'm over 20 hours into my modded playthrough of Fallout 4, and all I have done is return to Sanctuary Hills, travel to Concord, save Preston and company and bring them back to Sanctuary. That's it as far as the story and even as far as exploration/discovering locations. I have spend the other 18 hours sitting in Sanctuary just settlement building. 99% of people would probably be bored to tears watching me do stuff like that, so I never bother streaming games like FO4, Skyrim, GTA V or Final Fantasy or something.

However, a game like State of Decay 2 would actually be sort of perfect. While there is stuff to be done at your base, there is only so much to do. So majority of the time is spent exploring the map, looting houses and buildings and killing zombies, which is actually something that would be interesting to watch.

So next time I get on SoD2, I'll look into setting up a stream. I have used Twitch in the past, but I might try out Mixer or just record to YouTube instead of bothering with Twitch. So if I do get a stream rolling, I'll absolutely let you know!
    Yeah I haven't streamed in a long while myself. PS4 is Twitch but I find on xbox MIXER works really well. Not that it matters though as I averaged 1 viewer per stream. lol

but after seeing two set ups that people have done at Squelones Brewing Company over on Reddit, I'm now planning on jump straight from the starter house to Squelones and making that my permanent base for this community. Apparently you can become quite the pharmaceutical drug lord thanks to the two built in stills at Squelones. Just build a medical hydroponics (gives you essentially unlimited medicine resource), a pill press mod, make your own ethanol from one of the stills and someone with pharmacologist skill, and you can pump out strong painkillers out the ass. Sell them in a stack of 6 for 204 influence at traders.
    That is where I am currently stationed and yes, you can make serious bank thanks to the two stills.

Yeah I haven't streamed in a long while myself. PS4 is Twitch but I find on xbox MIXER works really well. Not that it matters though as I averaged 1 viewer per stream. lol
    Yeah, I'll probably give Mixer a try. Since it's a built-in part of the Xbox UI and not a separate app like Twitch, I figure it'll probably work better and be easier to use. I'm gonna try to finish off the last game or two of my current series against the Padres in my Rockies franchise over on MLB, and then I may jump over on One and play/stream some SoD2 for an hour or two later tonight.

That is where I am currently stationed and yes, you can make serious bank thanks to the two stills.
    Yeah, i'm liking the serious bank. Sure, after a while, upon getting things set up to make the base self-sufficient, there's not much need for influence. At the end of my first community, I had over 5,000 influence built up with nothing to use it on other than buying some rucksacks and extra unneeded weapons from traders. So if anything, I may stay at Squelones until I build up a massive bank of influence (10,000+) and then use some to go check out the Camp Kelenqua and Whitney Field home sites, just so I can try and see what setups I can do first hand. I want to try out every home site on every map at least once, that way when I decide to do my ultimate playthrough (keep the community alive and going for as long as possible, exhausting an entire map and moving to a new one and just going from map to map to map until I get bored), I can pick either one or one of between two or three specific home sites each time I move to a new map.

Alright, since I need to unwind after blowing a perfect game on the mound by giving up a walk with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, I'm going to pass on finishing off the fourth and final game of my series against the Padres tonight. So instead I'm gonna jump on State of Decay 2 for an hour or two. Jaymo, I'm going to try and set up a stream on Mixer. Hope to have it up and running here in the next couple of minutes. I'll probably go until 12:30 or 1am EST.

Edit - Well, nevermind. I can't even get past the damn title screen now. I've tried three times to get into State of Decay 2. I get to the title screen where it tells me to press any button to continue, then it just sits there with an endless loading icon. I've sat here for over 5 minutes each time and never any hint or sign of it actually moving past the loading screen so I could choose my community. Apparently I'm permanently on the sidelines until I can either figure out how to fix this problem or until they release another patch that hopefully fixes this.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-09-2018 at 09:59 PM.

That sucks. Have not played since installing the patch so I could be in the same boat. From what I have read the only fix is a complete reinstall of the game (also those posters were PC owners of the game so YMMV) or wait until the next patch.

That sucks. Have not played since installing the patch so I could be in the same boat. From what I have read the only fix is a complete reinstall of the game (also those posters were PC owners of the game so YMMV) or wait until the next patch.
    Yeah, and from what I've read on Reddit, some people who tried the uninstall route ended up being locked out of their two Ultimate Edition packs (Preppers and Doomsday). Even if they went to the Ultimate Edition store page, all it gave them was an option to purchase it again. So they were stuck with just the base game and couldn't use the two packs. So that has me more on the side of the fence of waiting for the next patch.

I'll be damned! I somehow got past the loading screen and can continue my game! Woo hoo!

I can get an hour of gameplay in here before Jurassic World Evolution unlocks and becomes available to play at midnight.