Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: State of Decay 2 (XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Patch 1.4 Highlights
    Fixed issue with ladders where players would sometimes not mount the ladders properly during descents and as a result fall off and take damage.
    Fixed some rare instances of odd follower behavior where players would sometimes lose their follower entirely, or the follower would disappear and then teleport to the player later.
    Door state should now always match its visuals. (No more running face first into a door that looks open!)
    Really disappointing with some of these patches. This is like the 2nd or 3rd patch just to fix the flipping doors in the game. Still a ton of stuff needs looking over. They did take out one of the most notorious enemies in the game, the ladders. I never fell from a cell tower but billboard towers did more damage to my characters than a Plague Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Really disappointing with some of these patches. This is like the 2nd or 3rd patch just to fix the flipping doors in the game. Still a ton of stuff needs looking over. They did take out one of the most notorious enemies in the game, the ladders. I never fell from a cell tower but billboard towers did more damage to my characters than a Plague Heart.
    That's all they fixed? It's a bloody 5 GB I just started downloading, they had better of fixed more than that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And right back to the infinite fucking loading screen on the main menu. I guess I'm back on the fucking sidelines once again since they can't figure out a way to fix that goddamn issue. I've been able to play exactly once since Memorial Day, even though I WANT to play, but hard to do so when I can't even access the main fucking menu!

That is all they listed on their site. Sorry to hear you are back to the infinite load screen.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/06...h-1-4-is-live/

That is all they listed on their site. Sorry to hear you are back to the infinite load screen.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/06...h-1-4-is-live/
    Yeah, I thought maybe since I was able to somehow miraculously get past that the other day, maybe they had either fixed the issue or it was somehow corrected itself. I guess not.

Oh well, I guess that just means more time to play Fallout 4, Vampyr, MLB The Show and Jurassic World Evolution since I obviously won't be spending any time on this for at least another week or two.

I'll be damned. I may have fixed the problem, since Undead Labs apparently can't fix it. I was forced to uninstall SoD2 (though only the game, not the two Ultimate Edition packs) and reinstall the game. Just fired up SoD2 and after 10 seconds of loading, it loaded up the main menu. Looks like I can finally continue my community.

Yeah, I'm damn excited. I can get going on my second community again! I want to get to Squellones Brewing and become a drug lord!

And Jaymo, if you're around at all this evening (and anyone else who may be interested who reads this), I'm going to do another live stream on Mixer. It's nothing major, I don't bother with having a chat, I don't use my mic, I'm just streaming the gameplay since Jaymo mentioned about doing some streaming in the past. Hoping to make this one a couple hours long, got a lot of lost time to make up for!

https://mixer.com/Smooth_Pancakes

Well, I just finally found the right setting for Mixer to automatically archive and keep recordings of my streaming and save them as Videos/Streams on Demand. AFTER I just wrapped up a 4 1/2 live stream of State of Decay 2 as I try to catch up on all the lost time over the past two weeks. So sadly tonight's mega-stream is apparently gone and never to be seen again. Hopefully now that I have that option selected and turned on, future streams will be saved upon my ending them.

Mixer certainly isn't as "plug and play" easy as Twitch is/was. Twitch automatically archives your streams, Mixer, you have to go in and turn a setting on to do so. And I can't even do anything on Mixer on the Xbox One other than start my own stream or find/watch other streams. If I want to actually change any settings or do anything behind the scenes on my account, I have to get on a computer and go to mixer.com. Considering Mixer is Microsoft's baby and their attempt to go up against Twitch/YouTube/whatever other streaming sites out there, you'd think they'd make it so you can actually do and access more things regarding your account on the damn Mixer app on the Xbox One.

Goddamnit. I recruited four new people to my community tonight during a couple hours of playing, and every single one of them are fight starters.

The one especially kills me because he has a 6 out of 7 star pharmacology skill, so I can produce my own strong painkillers. However, he starts fights and he's lazy, so that kills one labor for me.

The second has utilities and electrical, which came in handy with some upgrades, but he also starts fights.

The third one, the newest, doesn't have an extra skill, but I was about to give him either computers or gardening so I could either upgrade my radio to level 3 or work on getting my second hydroponics switched over to producing meds. However he starts fights and kills my morale with - 7 morale for everyone because he's a kleptomaniac.

The fourth one, she's was a fight starter and a hoarder, so she hit me with - 1 beds plus negative morale. When you only have 6 people but need 7 beds because of her ass, yeah, she was only a member of the community for about 15 minutes before I exiled her ass.

I'm debating on exiling all three of my newest members. I have books that I can teach utilities, computers, gardening and chemistry (which can be upgraded to pharmacology) to any new people I replace them with, I'd just have to put in the time getting those skills leveled up.

I'm also debating exiling Arsenault, the first person I added to my original three person community ages ago. She's another fight starter and doesn't have any really good traits.

From a community of currently nine people, I could very quickly find myself dropping all the way to five at this rate, if I go through with all four exiles, in addition to the one person I already previously exiled.

Also, I just figured out why I never discovered Squelones Brewery in my first community I completed back when the game came out. Turns out I had an enclave set up shop in Squelones, and since I was friendly with them, they never left and I never realized at the time that was a home site that they had taken over.

This time I claimed it (while another enclave took over Camp Kelenqua) and for my own built facilities, I have a Workshop 3, Infirmary 3, Barracks 2, Sheltered Beds 2, and 2 Hydroponics (both producing food for now until I can get someone with a herbalism skill and convert one to meds), plus I upgraded the radio to level 2 so far and the built-in storage to level 2 with a further upgrade to refrigerated storage to give me even more extra food and medicine storage.

I generally do not exile those with bad behavior/traits. I take them out scavenging and leave them with only a screwdriver and find a Juggernaut or a horde and let them do the dirty work for me. All the gravestones behind my group are sufficient reminders that you need to play nice with others.

Yeah, but then those assholes still get the last laugh by dragging my morale down when they die. It may be temporary, but their death still dive bombs morale.

The Independence Pack is out, as well as Patch 2.0, which is absolutely loaded with fixes.

Content Update 2 is Live!

We’ve got another patch for you, Survivors!

In honor of the new Independence Pack DLC (available for purchase now!), Patch 2.0 adds new FREE content for ALL players and improves your game experience in several places.

We’ve also fixed a wide range of bugs related to gameplay, multiplayer sessions, performance, and more. Read on below for all the details!

Patch 2.0 Highlights

New Content:

• “Revolutionary War” zombies can now appear in the world.
    • Who knew there were so many history buffs in town right when the outbreak occurred?
    • 20 new missions now available to players:
    • 10 ambient missions, which can occur as players explore the map.
    • 7 enclave missions, expanding the stories that can be told about neighboring groups.
    • 3 community missions, offering new options for your group to solve crucial problems.

New Red Talon & Network weapons added to the game:
    • Danforth Slugger (a lead-filled baseball bat).
    • Trumbull Gatekeeper (a lovingly improved model 70).
    • RTX Extermination Blade (a military-grade zombie fightin’ blade).
    • RTX Cyclone (a fully automatic 12 gauge pistol).
    • RTX Rampart (a Vulture .44 with automatic fire, able to stop a charging juggernaut).
    • Previous Red Talon weapons have been rebranded as RTX and given new coats of paint:
    • SOCOM II RT is now the “RTX Hordebreaker”.
    • Scar-H RT is now the “RTX Stormbringer”.
    • Vector Ultracompact RT is now the “RTX Piranha”.
    • A new “Rare Books” trader can appear every few game days, with the following new skill books available for the low low price of 1500 Influence: Driving, Lichenology, Fishing, Scrum Master.

Game Improvements

Gameplay
    • Added a new jog animation for human characters.
    • Polished the “walk to run” and “run to walk” transition animations.
    • Additional improvements to doors so that their state matches their appearance.
    • Added a “Confirm” option before euthanizing community members.
    • Additional improvements to mounting of ladders, including better interaction when player is strafing and interaction from the tops of ladders.
    • Sniper Towers now count as Watchtowers for Morale purposes.
    • Changed the weight of several luxury items so that their weight better matches the quality of their manufacturing.

Juggernaut modifications:
    • Ground slam collision volume has been reduced by roughly 25%.
    • Added a half-second cooldown to the juggernaut’s initiation of its finishing move.
    • Players can start a finishing move earlier in a juggernaut’s stagger animation.

Weapon Changes:
    • B50FG weight has been increased to 28.5 (up from 12 lbs).
    • Model 99-50 Magazine now holds 3 rounds (down from 5).
    • M9950 Timberwolf Magazine now holds 4 rounds (down from 7).
    • B50FG Magazine now holds 5 rounds (down from 12).
    • A .50 cal weapon can no longer take down a plague heart without at least one reload, or other tools being brought to bear against it. Without using other tools, it now takes 6 shots from a .50 cal weapon to take down a plague heart (up from 3).
    • Other drum-mag weapons which erroneously had no additional weight for their drum-magazines have had their weight increased (SOCOM II and RTX Hordebreaker, Operator’s M4A1, DEVGRU X12 Infiltrator, and RTX Stormbringer).

Settings
    • Added a toggle in the Video options menu on both PC and Xbox that allows players to control the amount of motion blur seen in game.

Bug Fixes

Crashes

• Game no longer crashes when player enters a car after calling in a drone strike.
    • Fix a rare crash that could occur during loading screen (affected roughly 1% of users).

Multiplayer
    • Fixed a number of softlocks and crashes happening when players were joining and exiting multiplayer sessions.
    • Players will no longer softlock if their console is disconnected from the network while joining a multiplayer match.
    • Fixed desync issue that caused rubberbanding of zombie on client’s machine if host moved with a grappled zombie.
    • Fixed issue with supply lockers sometimes not being visible at homesites in co-op.
    • Fixed issue where host’s facilities would occasionally turn invisible to clients.
    • When the player suspends the app during a multiplayer session on UWP, they will now be disconnected instead of being allowed to move around and interact with the world.
    • Fixed an issue where players had to move the stick/use input on D-pad twice before the highlighted selection would move when selecting an active character in the Multiplayer Character Selection screen.

Input
    • Game now pauses when controller becomes disconnected during single-player sessions.
    • Fixed an issue where players could lose scroll functionality when initially opening or scrolling to the bottom of the Remap Controls settings.
    • Fixed a bug on Xbox where the Exit Vehicle prompt would default to show “Y” even when it had already been mapped to another button.

Performance
    • Removed performance dip when player walks into the smoke created by a smoke grenade.
    • Removed FPS drop when opening the Community Menu on Xbox One before returning to active gameplay.
    • Removed FPS drop when repeatedly firing B50FG.
    • Removed FPS drop when breaking the windows at the Quonset Hut in Whitney Junction.
    • Removed FPS drop when holding up on the right stick on a fully zoomed map screen.

Gameplay
    • The Magnum Ammo Press facility mod now correctly produces .357 and .44 ammo (a bug was connecting the press to .50 and 40mm ammo).
    • Fixed issue with euthanization scene replacing the player’s equipped gun with a G17 pistol.
    • Prepper’s 10/22 now has a weight of 7 lbs.
    • Fixed a number of instances where zombies stopped attacking players if players were in specific locations.
    • Zombies that have no arms are no longer able to scale fences and walls.
    • Fixed issue where some facilities that were in disrepair continued to provide benefits to the community as if they were in working order.
    • Ferals and juggernauts now have the ability to kill NPCs with their special attacks.
    • Juggernaut “execution attack” can now correctly kill survivors that have a ton of different max health buffs simultaneously applied.
    • A feral attached to a vehicle a player is driving no longer instantly dies when the player jumps out of the vehicle.
    • Players can no longer initiate a stealth takedown on aggroed zombies.
    • Morale bonus effects now update immediately on the community morale screen.
    • Bandaging action is now interruptable by melee attacks.
    • Updated out-of-date text on Pharmacology and Pathology skill specialties. Pharmacology is about crafting strong painkillers and bonus recovery items, while Pathology focuses on plague cure and infection treatment.
    • Dead bodies no longer accumulate forever during long play sessions.

Missions
    • Fixed a number of issues that prevented legacy missions from completing.
    • Fixed a number of instances where NPC VO was playing at the incorrect time or repeating itself.

Environment
    • Fixed a multitude of instances where players could get stuck on terrain or objects and require radio assistance to get unstuck.
    • Fixed markup on numerous objects that were either preventing players from climbing on them or allowing players to enter areas where they shouldn’t be.
    • Removed a number of invisible objects that were obstructing player or vehicle movement.
    • Fixed LOD issues on a multitude of static objects across all 3 maps.
    • Removed multiple instances of floating textures and exposed seams in the world.
    • Performed a clipping pass and a general aesthetic polish pass on environment visuals.

Vehicles
    • Fixed physics in a number of instances where vehicles would become stuck in animation loops after a collision or rolling over.
    • Players can no longer enter vehicles that are about to explode.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-28-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Looks great. Time to start a new playthrough.

Settings
    Added a toggle in the Video options menu on both PC and Xbox that allows players to control the amount of motion blur seen in game.
    Quite possibly the best thing from the notes. Just finishing the install and will be playing later tonight.

Yeah, I just got installing the update myself. About to dive back into my community right now.

Looks like there's more than what was listed in the patch notes.

People on Reddit are saying that they've switched to new maps after the patch and their vehicles have come with them to the new map, whatever vehicles they had parked at their base plus the vehicle they were driving. So it appears vehicles will now transfer with you. And reading further down in the comments, one of the Undead Labs developers commented, saying that was actually always the intent from the beginning, that vehicles would carry over to the new map with you, so it must have been some bug that was keeping the vehicles from coming with you to the new maps.

Another person said you can now give and take rucksacks of resources to or from your follower by simply talking to them, instead of having to put it in a trunk of a car or something and then switch and have the other person pick it up. So some nice little QoL changes that weren't listed in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Looks like there's more than what was listed in the patch notes.

People on Reddit are saying that they've switched to new maps after the patch and their vehicles have come with them to the new map, whatever vehicles they had parked at their base plus the vehicle they were driving. So it appears vehicles will now transfer with you. And reading further down in the comments, one of the Undead Labs developers commented, saying that was actually always the intent from the beginning, that vehicles would carry over to the new map with you, so it must have been some bug that was keeping the vehicles from coming with you to the new maps.

Another person said you can now give and take rucksacks of resources to or from your follower by simply talking to them, instead of having to put it in a trunk of a car or something and then switch and have the other person pick it up. So some nice little QoL changes that weren't listed in the patch notes.
    Can confirm the second one which is a nice add. The Motion Blur options are great. I am toying with low and off. Both are far better than what we had. Not really a big fan of the Independence stuff. Feels too Dead Rising to me and out of place for this game with the crazy vehicles, fireworks, etc.

Still annoyed they do not let players select the map they want to start on when skipping the tutorial.

Can confirm the second one which is a nice add. The Motion Blur options are great. I am toying with low and off. Both are far better than what we had. Not really a big fan of the Independence stuff. Feels too Dead Rising to me and out of place for this game with the crazy vehicles, fireworks, etc.

Still annoyed they do not let players select the map they want to start on when skipping the tutorial.
    Yeah, hopefully they start doing more QoL additions and changes in future patches.

I'm sort of willing to overlook some of the fireworks stuff. I treat it more like firecrackers or a boom box, something I can use to create a bunch of noise as a distraction.

I agree completely on the map selection. I hate they don't allow you pick your own map for non-tutorial communities. It's obviously possible since you can pick your own map with the tutorial community. That's how I ended up on Meagher Valley for two communities in a row, because I got screwed by not being able pick my own map. I still have yet to experience the other two maps.

Just got patch 2.1

The 'Purchase' DLC button on the Main Menu now works properly for players with new profiles.
    The mission 'Builder: Make Your Own Gear' can now be completed if the player has a built-in 'Machine Shop' at their base.
    Characters on the Community screen now reorient correctly when changes are made.
    Newly selected leaders are now positioned correctly on the Community screen.
    Fixed an issue where sometimes newly-recruited community members would overlap or be standing too close to others on the screen.
    Characters now properly gain experience in their close-combat specialization when fighting with their close-combat weapon.
    Characters who have earned at least a star in their 'Gunslinging' specialization are now able to snap-aim as expected.
    The in-game 'Independence Pack' purchase confirmation banner no longer pops up with every player session.
    Fixed several missions that occasionally couldn't be completed due to missing items.