Thread: Battlefield V

• Facebook
  • Display

Battlefield V

Join us for the Battlefield V Live Reveal on May 23, as The Daily Show host Trevor Noah and the DICE development team show you how the battlefield will never be the same.

Teaser video seems to confirm WWII as the setting based on the HUD.

Saw this posted on Kotaku.

There won’t be any sort of “premium pass” or season pass in Battlefield V. You won’t have to pay for maps or modes, nor will you be able to buy anything that affects gameplay—as we reported earlier this year, DICE is being cautious after the outrage over last year’s Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Shortly after the reveal, EA confirmed to Kotaku that the game will not have any form of randomized loot boxes. Previously, a report had suggested that the next Battlefield would have cosmetic-only loot boxes, but at the time, sources told Kotaku that report was premature and that decisions had not yet been made. “I can confirm that there are no loot boxes,” an EA rep said in an e-mail.
    If it sounds too good to be true... Has EA figured out how to incorporate MUT/FUT/HUT in non-sports games?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    If it sounds too good to be true... Has EA figured out how to incorporate MUT/FUT/HUT in non-sports games?
    I wondered if not only the SWBF II debacle influenced this, but Fortnite as well. It's bad enough that they have a couple versions of the game (standard and deluxe), but maybe they realized they can't nickel and dime people to death or they'll just stick to Fortnite or other F2P/inexpensive games. Not to mention, users could just wait a week and pick up RDR 2 if they don't like something they hear about BF V.

Fortnite has shown that a free game with cosmetic-only items can bring in a lot of money* (*IF FUN), so maybe studios will copy their lead.

Did they announce a Battlefield Royale mode? I didn't catch all of the show.

While I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this, based on enjoying the same story campaign format that Battlefield 1 had, as well as usually enjoying Battlefield multiplayer far more than Call of Duty these days, god I hate game companies. It's a repeat of the overload of zombie shit from the past couple years. Now because PUBG and Fortnite are all the rage, now every goddamn game has to have battle royale modes. I'm surprised EA didn't try to shoehorn some bastardized battle royale mode into Madden and FIFA.

This evening before gamescom DICE announced that the Battlefield™ V Open Beta will begin on September 4 for early access* and September 6 for all players on Origin™ for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4. The Open Beta will showcase the soon-to-be-iconic Rotterdam map on Conquest mode as well as the Arctic Fjord map on both Conquest and Grand Operations.

You don't teabag my teammates, so you have to die!

The dude abides.