Thread: Super Mega Baseball 2

• Facebook
  • Display

Super Mega Baseball 2

Sup Kiddos...

Anyone playing this great game? It has everything I asked for and more. The customization is outrageous in the game. Just wish they would implement a way to share files.

Created a 32 team NCAA League. Took the best baseball teams from the major conferences. 6 team conferences for the SEC and Pac 12. The you have 4 more conferences of 5 teams. Went with Big 12. Big Ten and ACC. For the the final conference I took teams out of these conferences that have won a CWS or was competitive for a long time. Chose Cal St Fullerton, Rice, Coastal Carolina, Pepperdine and Wichita St. Made a 50 game season with the top 8 making the playoffs (winner of each conference and two wild card teams). I hit the logos and color schemes for each team as spot on as possible. The unis are a little over the top because college baseball unis can be a bit boring and I have never been a fan of home unis in baseball being mostly white or grey. Went heavy colors for home team with a grey or black/alt team color for away.

You can edit almost anything in the game for a custom league, including position and stats. They have a nice feature that easily lets you change a whole roster (sex uniform attribute, etc) with on button, so making an all male team or female team a snap. Want all your players to have knee high socks? Simple as a button press.

Now I just need to start playing the game.

I've heard nothing but good things about this one, so I'm tempted to get it down the line. I've heard of several people making college edits which makes it sound even more appealing.

They don’t allow people to share edits which would have really been huge. Guessing it’s to avoid lawsuits.

I really love that they eliminated the leveling/hiring trainers system and just made mojo carry over game to game so you get some really nice hot and cold streaks. Plus players actually tire over the season making those subs actually important now. They even added the option to step out of the batters box, which seems to break the pitchers rhythm.

Will have to see what Metalhead decides on sharing roster files. On PC there is already a mod that allows PC players to share. If you are willing to put in a couple hours you can get a descent set of college teams. It's not like I named the rosters. I can't name more than two or three college baseball players. Heck I can name more OU college softball players, because they are a powerhourse in real life. I also took those 32 college teams, made a few changes for teams that were good in softball, edited all the pitchers to throw submarine and Voila... Dusty Diamond presents NCAA College Softball 2018. Which I plan to use after playing the Men's Season.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-10-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Bought it on launch day and it's good. If you are an xbone owner it's the only decent baseball title on the console.

The plat is gonna be a pain to get though having to win 1 game on 99 and ine season at 80 will be tough

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    If you are an xbone owner it's the only decent baseball title on the console.
    True but it was also free with Xbox Gold.

Pretty big update a few days ago. Fix most of the weird crashes when going to certain menus. Tons of online tweaks. Fixed some of the logic with the MOJO/Injury setup. Players would get tired just a few games in on a long season and I had one starter take 5 games to go from been a little tired to fine. Seems better now.

Full notes here

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBa...ate_2_is_live/

My only question is how hard is the 80 and 99 mojo trophies?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    My only question is how hard is the 80 and 99 mojo trophies?

Don't plan on doing either myself. 80 Season requires standard teams and I can't live without my custom teams. I could possibly handle this one in a couple tries and playing around with the best team for the task. 99 is brutal because you have to go 9 innings and requires a ton of luck. Miss a couple pitches and you are screwed.

I play my season on 50 to 59 EGO for hitting. I raise and lower EGO based on the quality of opponent and if it is a road game. 65 to 75 for pitching using the same logic and 75 for baserunning/fielding in all games. Win much more than I lose. When I do lose it is generally on the road.

Update 3

Improvements/additions:

Show Ego & Rating for both players before a match in Pennant Race mode.
    Improvements to season scheduling algorithm to better distribute games played when using unusual conference/division breakdowns.
    Issues addressed:

Fixed: Potential hang in character/uniform editor when editing uniforms/players.
    Fixed: Potential save data issues (Sorry Slugger).
    Fixed: Visual issues when rapidly flipping through options in the uniform editor.
    Fixed: Issue where tables with many entries would advance 2 pages instead of 1.
    Fixed: Some incorrect distance labels on outfield fences.
    Fixed: Volume levels of female umpires.
    Fixed: Boat in Emerald Diamond Stadium potentially drawing in the wrong spot for 1 frame.
    Fixed: Potential crash when swapping the defensive position of a pitcher with a position player.
    Fixed: Reduced number of step-out attempts allowed in Pennant Race games.

This is a big one that is going to get me to restart a my season for the series. There were a few pre-patch but really spread out and usually just back to back conference games.

I have never played so much baseball since the NES days. Now playing two 86 games seasons with no simulating, 7 innings games and all female teams. The Males just all look too beefy so I just switched mid season of my first League to females.

My NCAA Division of Major Conferences and Past Champions. Playing as OU.

My NCAA Division of the smaller conferences and Ivy League. Playing as UT San Antonio, my birthplace.

Footage of my UTSA team destroying Texas Tech in the first inning of an exhibition.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq1jz3KHv5LogSsvkEsFdDYxYwSV

Screenshots of all the teams uniforms. Unfortunately they only show the male player when editing uniforms and logos. I did everything my guesswork and realize that some were off. Did not use conference logos and apparel logos because they would be tiny and a PITA to add as I was more creative with Uni design than you get with standard uniforms.

Image Folder of NCAA Teams/Uniforms

https://imgur.com/a/rbbCUHp

Image Folder of NCAA D2 Teams/Uniforms

https://imgur.com/a/pKDC3qi
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-20-2018 at 08:04 PM.