Thread: After Six Years, Rex Dickson Steps Down as Madden NFL Creative Director

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After Six Years, Rex Dickson Steps Down as Madden NFL Creative Director

Rex Dixson is out at EA after 6 years of leading Madden. Maybe there will be a fresh direction for this franchise? I never bought M18 and never even thought about. Didn't miss it and don't really care. With so many non-sports games coming out this fall too (Tomb Raider, Spiderman, Red Dead) along with NBA 2K I see me passing on Madden again. I'm not sure how to fix Madden. It seems like such a big team and franchise it's like asking a massive ship to make a sudden turn when all you get is a slow turn.

There have just been a lot of frustrating things in the past that don't get fixed. I watched the Josh Rosen science breakdown on his throws. His release is incredibly high at almost 8' and on a 30 yard throw the apex height is 13'. NO LB can jump and swat those. The spacing of throws between LBs and S in Madden is brutal. The timing aspect is brutal. The line play hasn't been that fun for me. Defending the pass is really hard without just using the help features. I'm not sure what can be done but I only enjoyed playing as a LB and against running plays on D. On offense the passing game was frustrating although I did enjoy running the ball. Franchise mode was underwhelming.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/3/173...source=twitter
    Last edited by cdj; 05-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.