Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm surprised that neither have committed to you. It is only a matter of time.

Michigan lands their first recruit of the 2012 season, hopefully more to soon follow:

SPD C-, ACC B-, CIT B-, RTE C, RBS B-

Evaluation:

McKeon is a big and physical tight end. He looks to be about what he is listed at with a thick and powerful lower body. He is a tight end, but we would not at all be surprised if in time he has a jersey with a number in the 50's or 60's hanging in his locker. He is a good blocker. He has the size and displays a tenacious attitude. He makes good contact and while he needs to work on placement he will get hands on. He needs to be sure to stay under control and keep his hips under him, but he displays the ability to be able to get into a defender and derive power from the hips, move his feet, and drive a defender back. He displays good feet and does a good job of quickly getting up to second level and getting a piece of moving targets. He will likely mainly contribute as a blocker, but can be a solid short-range target in the passing game. He has solid hands though can seem to catch the ball into his body. Displays adequate speed. He is a physical and big kid and can be tough to bring down after the catch, but will not make many defenders miss. McKeon is a physical kid who should be a productive blocking tight end.

Hmm, that will put Michigan in a tough position on that [4star] TE Maurice Lee. Lee is a UM lean for sure now but is coming into Happy Valley this week. With the recent signing in UM Lee could change his plans and come to Happy Valley to play for Coach Snoop.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Hmm, that will put Michigan in a tough position on that [4star] TE Maurice Lee. Lee is a UM lean for sure now but is coming into Happy Valley this week. With the recent signing in UM Lee could change his plans and come to Happy Valley to play for Coach Snoop.
    Not when the Michigan coaches fill his head with the fact that Carlos is going to be an Olineman.

I have ZERO returning tight ends. Both guys on the roster are seniors one of which is a converted guard. There are plenty of spots open for Tight Ends on the Michigan roster.

Besides, I have a 85% to 75% lead on Lee right now and just got 400 points on him this week. Lee will probably end up being a fullback or H-Back in my offense. We'll see though.
    Last edited by Oneback; 10-11-2010 at 01:48 PM.

I'm surprised that neither have committed to you. It is only a matter of time.
    I expect that if I'd given either of them more than 10 minutes, they would have. But I've been in so many competitions this year that I needed every minute I had.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

So ... I had a 865 point week on a player last week -- that I was leading on. And my lead only increased by 100 points. And he's visiting the #2 team this week.

I really must question a mechanic where the #1 team can get 865 points in a week and not have a nigh insurmountable lead.

Maybe they got a x2 as well.

Well Jeff here's another good one for you. That #4 QB, I was 1st on his list up 420 points. I gave him 10 minutes and now I'm up 1140 points. Now I'm assuming PSU didn't call him(the #2 team) but that's a huge jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Maybe they got a x2 as well.
    Possible, but that would be so coincidental I'm willing to rule it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Well Jeff here's another good one for you. That #4 QB, I was 1st on his list up 420 points. I gave him 10 minutes and now I'm up 1140 points. Now I'm assuming PSU didn't call him(the #2 team) but that's a huge jump.
    Snoop accidentally negative recruited himself.

The hell.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Snoop accidentally negative recruited himself.

The hell.
    The way Penn State recruits I can definitely believe that.

Nate Stead (né Mike Cook)
    #1 FB [2star]
    Wapakoneta, OH
    6'2" 226 lbs
    Blocking

While most of the recruiting services didn't consider Cook a talent worthy of bringing to Columbus, the young man chose the Buckeyes over Florida (they use FBs? I thought they just ran their QBs as FBs) and Virginia Tech. Cook's #1 FB rating was too much to pass up for a Buckeyes staff that is watching starting FB Nicky Sualua graduate this season. He's expected to slide into the depth chart at #2 next year and stay there for some time.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-16-2010 at 10:55 AM.

I am starting to get frustrated with recruiting this season. I've got most of my board at 100% according to the website but yet only one commit who no one else was going after.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I am starting to get frustrated with recruiting this season. I've got most of my board at 100% according to the website but yet only one commit who no one else was going after.
    Welcome to me last year.

Sorry about that TE too, hehehe

Papa, son of a gun I thought I had that DT reeled in here at Happy Valley. Nice signing. That guy was going to be a 4 year starter for PSU.

TE Maurice Lee [4star]

* Height: 6'3"
    * Weight: 237 lbs
    * Hometown: Rocky River, OH
    * Tendency: Blocking
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Notre Dame

Maurice will be a huge asset to Penn State's running game.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    The way Penn State recruits I can definitely believe that.
    Careful, those Trojans just might be barking up the wrong tree when it comes to evaluating talent. The results speak for themselves............

quite a battle brewing for Holley. OB

I've got quite a few of those battles right now. I think a win against Wisconsin will land me the recruits I need, but I cannot count on that. I see a lot of my recruits commiting after this week, game results will determine where to.

im glad i have a pipeline to Mississippi lol, jumped back past you even after your visit for the guard.

I saw that, I need that guard bad too. I have a feeling though that Bama will beat us both out for him, but I am on him till the bitter end.