Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

2012 Recruiting Thread

A new year has started.

I need a QB. I think there are like 6 5*s.

Despite my best efforts, I might have to end up with a Steve Bellisari this year ... ugh.

This is pretty much the exact recruiting roll I wasn't hoping for. Needed a huge year on the defense and a few key positions on offense. Pretty much none of my needs are going to be easy ... and most of the guys I'd be in a competition for is against half the dynasty, not just one or two guys. Not yet sure what I'm going to do.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

watching texas makes me want to restrict recruiting to only 1 or 2 players over how many we have leaving lol

besides the QB position i feel pretty good, though i will have battles with many users so it could turn out terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    watching texas makes me want to restrict recruiting to only 1 or 2 players over how many we have leaving lol

besides the QB position i feel pretty good, though i will have battles with many users so it could turn out terrible.
    I've only recruited the same amount of players I've lost the last two years.. never had to make a single cut.

i was mainly joking, i think he only signed like 14 last season, it is a lot better than years past numbers wise which is cool. im 4 under my limit right now and i dont think papa can bare to cut a long horn

I'm at 63....never been close to 70....I wanted to concetrate on [4star] and [3star] this season....but I couldn't help myself....just a ton of good prospects this year (besides that scrub at #1)....so what I did was go over my "comfortable" recruiting board number to see how I look going into week 2....then I'll start removing some guys and look at the lower rated prospects. I really wanted to concetrate on my WRs, OL, and DL....and they sure took care of my WR need since I have so many juniors.

I definitely need some WR. All of mine are all RSJr with the exception of the 2 I recruited last year. I think I'm good at QB for this year and next year. There aren't any good ones that is interested in Oregon that fit with my scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    I'd be genuinely shocked if any of us are going over by more than 3 ... and certainly not before the offseason (personally, I think the offseason shouldn't factor into any "total" amount since it can't be predicted.

With the competition we've had from the CPU and among users, I don't think any of us have had a chance to stack the deck ... even Texas and USC.

I've only got 59 players on my roster, 14 are Seniors. Need another recruiting season like last seasons.

Oklahoma starts off strong with:

[espnu150][4star] #6 DE Antonio Smith - 6'2", 245lbs
    Analysis: Looks like a possible LB/DE hybrid with his skills favoring a DE position, but can also do a bit of pass coverage as well.

[4star] #13 DE Nathan Smith - 6'6", 235lbs
    Analysis: Detroit's Nathan Smith will be a Sooner next year. Smith is a straight up TFL man. He knows how to get through the line of scrimmage. Not alot of speed, but deadly acceleration. Just how we like 'em.

[3star] OLB #28 Maurice Washington - 6'1" 217lbs
    Analysis: A balanced coverage LB who knows how to stop the run. Would like to see him bulk up a little though.

Dragon,

Your killing with Nathan Smith, plucking him out of my backyard like that.

Also what position could the #1 recruit seriously be? B- Hit power and B- Pass Block are his best skills.. He's 5'11" and 202lbs. Way too small for a lineman. How did he get to be #1? A FB/LB/S/useless hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Dragon,

Your killing with Nathan Smith, plucking him out of my backyard like that.
    He's a really underrated by his position rank, his skills and size are very nice.. I'm definitely trying to get some talent on my defense. He's going to be looking good in a Sooner uni next year.

He's actually the most Northern of any of my targets.. gotta love that Texas-California region talent..

[espnu150][5star]WR (#2) Ronnie Holley 6'3 189 Lbs Miami Springs, FL

Ronnie jumped on the bandwagon and decided he wanted to be the leader of the 2012 recruiting class

Spd B+
    ACC B+
    AGI C+
    CTH C+
    CIT C+
    JMP B

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    He's a really underrated by his position rank, his skills and size are very nice.. I'm definitely trying to get some talent on my defense. He's going to be looking good in a Sooner uni next year.
    You definitely lucked out by getting an instant out of him though. Me and Oneback would have had a decided advantage with the pipeline. Good pickup, I was certainly hoping I had a shot on him.

Not to mention I had a x2 on him this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Not to mention I had a x2 on him this week.
    I got an x2 on my first call of the season. 860 points toward my #1 target. Had an 80 point lead on him going into the Week ... watch it only be like 120 after Week 1.

[espnu150] [5star] MLB Chauncey Dukes
    6'0" 241
    Kingwood, TX
    #12 overall, #1 MLB
    B+: injury
    B: tackle, strength, finesse moves
    B-: speed, acceleration, block shedding, pursuit
    C+: hit power, power moves, jumping, stamina
    Other offers: n/a (2-10: Penn State, Alabama, USC, Miami, TCU, Michigan, Florida State, Wisconsin, Ohio State)

#1 HB Clark Scott [5star][espn150]

* Height: 5'9"
    * Weight: 195 lbs
    * Hometown: Nanticoke, PA
    * Tendency: Power
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 USC, #3 Alabama

Clark will be coming into a PSU offense that loves to run the ball. Clark should get all the chances in the world to come in and be an instant contributor to this team.

Other schoools: USC, Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, Texas, Miami, TCU, Ohio State, West Virgina

Break Tackle B-
    Trucking B-
    Elusiveness B-
    Stiff Arm B+
    Spin Move B
    Juke Move B
    Carrying C
    Ball Carrier Vision C+

Clark is not a burner, but he should be comparable to current PSU RB Brandon Beachum or former PSU back Tony Hunt.