Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Division 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    You will know it when you see it.

Spoiler: show
    Well, it wasn't in the sewers, but I've met one of those bastards. I ran into one during the Jeff the Beekeeper mission. I've also run into a couple Elite-ranker big uglies that like to play with sledgehammers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I've also run into a couple Elite-ranker big uglies that like to play with sledgehammers.
    That is the guy that makes one of the Strongholds very tricky. You have this guy chasing you, plus a machine gunner, sniper and your regular enemies. Turrets are useless with this guy, he just destroys them as long as they are in his reach.

Currently at 350 power level and about to hit WT3. I was incorrect about the specializations. They can all be used and upgraded. Small text FTW! Unfortunately I wasted a bunch of points already and while you can respec, the points are locked into the specialization you used them on to begin with.

Well, just had my first run-in with a dust storm. And right as I was approaching the bounty to liberate Constitution Hall. That made for an interesting battle when you can't see shit more than one foot in front of your face.

You will know it when you see it.

Spoiler: show
    Ok, NOW I definitely ran into Mr. Chainsaw: The Random Encounter. I went into the sewers right in front of the Lincoln Memorial in West Potomac Park to get a SHD Tech Cache. I was exploring the sewers and passed the cache without realizing it. Backtracked to go get it, went maybe 30 meters and turned a corner and right there in front of me coming down the sewer is Mr. Chainsaw and his merry band of 4 Elite assholes.

Thank God I swapped my marksman rifle for my shotgun before entering the sewer, otherwise I probably would have been fucked going up against 5 elites at once. Instead, I unloaded my entire assault rifle clip into Chainsaw's face then switched to the shotgun and started fucking them up with point blank shotgun blasts.

I intentionally left out the part where all his friends are Elites. At least they are not named Elites.

I intentionally left out the part where all his friends are Elites. At least they are not named Elites.
    That is true! Thankfully, the way I have my gear set up, I've got a bonus of +77% Damage to Elites, so I melt those assholes. If I can't immediately melt their armor and drop them with my assault rifle, either my marksman rifle or my shotgun will fuck up their armor and then their face.

I've also gotten better at keeping weapons options. In the first game, and the first half of this game, I would run with ONLY an assault rifle and a marksman rifle. It wasn't until some missions where I was either getting overrun because I couldn't do enough damage fast enough, or I was running out of AR ammo, that I started carrying other weapon classes. Now I permanently carry one of each gun type with me, Assault Rifle, Rifle, Marksman Rifle, Sub Machine Gun, Light Machine Gun and Shotgun.

If I know I'm going to be fighting long range, I'll go assault rifle and either rifle or marksman rifle. If I'm inside a building, in the sewers or know I'm going to be facing multiple enemies at once and/or waves of enemies, I'll go assault rifle and shotgun. I don't use the sub machine gun or light machine gun very often, those are more my "I'm out of assault rifle ammo and if I didn't have these guns as a backup, I'd be fucked right now" guns.

Still running the LMG/Rifle Combo. I am starting to prefer the standard rifle over marksman, though I will use both. Just love having the 100 rounds on the LMG to take out multiple enemies w/o a reload. It lacks accuracy but in combination with my turret we can deal a ton of damage. Never been a fan of shotguns, outside of using them in Doom. That said I do keep a double barrel shotgun on me that drops in the pistol slot. Honestly I may have fired at most 50 rounds of the pistol and db shotgun. I also try to keep an SMG and AR on hand but once you hit end game you do not get to keep weapons for long as you are trying to reach the top gear score and the rinse and repeat 3 more times until you hit the 450 max at WT4.

Now we have WT5 coming on the 5th, so another tier to climb.

The assault rifle is my preferred. With the right mods, I can get an assault rifle with over 75% stability and accuracy, plus between 60 and 75 rounds of ammo. So I end up with ammo close to that of most LMGs, plus with the super high stability and accuracy, I can put most rounds on target, even from distance. Add in my damage bonuses, and right now I absolutely massacre enemies with my AR. I can mow down an entire wave in under 20 seconds with deadly accurate aim.

I do love LMGs, I ran with LMGs a TON in the dark zone in the first game, since I had built my character up as a tank. Absurdly high armor, absurdly high health, and a pimped out LMG, I was usually the last one to die in my groups if shit hit the fan, because it would take the enemies so long to kill me, between my ridiculously high armor/health and my ability to suppress the shit out of them.

However, unless I'm fighting enemies in the same room, I've found LMGs way too inaccurate for me, too much recoil. The right assault rifle, with almost zero recoil, and I'll waste an entire group of elites faster with my AR than I will with a LMG. In the words of Denzel Washington in Training Day, I'm surgical with that bitch. I can quickly get multiple headshots and chest shots from 30+ meters without really trying. And once I get my aim lined up on someone's head, that's pretty much the next 5-10 rounds are going and by that time, the dude's dead.

As for shotguns, I always instantly marked shotguns as junk. However, I found a really good shotgun that does insane damage. The only downside of it is that it only has an ammo capacity of 5 shells, but I have yet to see any enemy other than a named elite survive more than 2-3 blasts to the face. Regular enemies are usually instakill, purple enemies are 2 shots, maybe 3 now and then, and elite enemies are 2-3 shots. Any time I go into the sewers or I'm in a building or interior room during a mission, I've got the shotgun equipped as my secondary. That baby is my close quarters insurance policy.

Made some great progress this weekend. I am currently level 29 and only have three districts left to do, Foggy Bottom, West End and Judiciary Square. Finish up those districts and the handful of main missions and side missions still to complete, and I'll be all wrapped up with the story.

OK, does the Black Tusk show up upon simply hitting level 30? Or only after you've completed all of the main missions and wiped out the strongholds? Because I just hit level 30 and was immediately greeted with an info pop up detailing the Black Tusk and Control Points and everything.

You have to complete all the main missions and strongholds to have the map convert to World Tier 1 and the Black Tusk have retaken most everything.

Just finished all the WT Strongholds and now at World Tier 4. Power level to 417 and I need to get that to 450 for the upcoming Tidal Basin (after defeating you unlock WT5) and I think you them can upgrade to 500 Power Level.

You have to complete all the main missions and strongholds to have the map convert to World Tier 1 and the Black Tusk have retaken most everything.

Just finished all the WT Strongholds and now at World Tier 4. Power level to 417 and I need to get that to 450 for the upcoming Tidal Basin (after defeating you unlock WT5) and I think you them can upgrade to 500 Power Level.
    Alright, so I don't have to worry about them just yet. As for the rest of what you said, I have no clue what you just said.

I pretty much avoided all videos and info drops by Ubisoft about this game, as I wanted to go into it blind and experience as much of it as possible for the first time upon starting it upon release. So I've definitely got some knowledge gaps about the endgame.

Hit the max 450 Power Level and realized that with some recalibrations you can bump the score over 450. I think 470 is the max but I still have some tinkering to do and need to get some matching sets to maximize bonuses.

Currently at 456. Need to get a gold pistol as it is weighing the average down.

-

Armor bars, I got some armor bars. Once you hit WT4, enemies can shred it pretty quick. I have seen people with 8 rows of armor bars so again, more tweaking required.

-

My baby, love me some LMG's. Though the Assault rifle is really good and with a magazine mod has a 60 round clip.

-

Have half of my armor pieces at 465 thanks to recalibrating.

Last edited by bdoughty; 04-02-2019 at 05:26 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...pril_3rd_2019/

In this State of the Game Community Developer Chris Gansler and 3C designer, Fredrik Thylander talked about the changes that will be introduced with the “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” update on Friday.
    Two biggies for me. Weapon mods were such a pain, due to the +/- nature of them. Outside of mags and removing scopes it was barely worth messing with them. Skill mods were terribly done in that most were so high you had to make a skill mod build to use them. I had no desire to do that and in turn only used the offensive/defensive/utility mods.

Skill Mods

The Skill Mods have been revamped

The Bonuses you get from the Skill Mods correlate now with the amount of Skill Power required to unlock them.

They are now within the bounds of the Skill Power that you can get on your gear and they also changed the amount of Skill Power that you get on your gear.

So even when you have less Skill Power on your gear when you log in on Friday, don't panic, you may be able to unlock a lot of mods that you could before.

With these changes skill builds should become a lot more viable.

Weapon Mods changes

As of now, the Weapon Mods always had a positive or negative aspect on them.

But that meant, what was designed as a reward for missions and activities could also have a very negative effect on your build

That is why all the Weapon Mods have been rewamped:

All weapon mods got new values, new positives, more in line what they would do in real life

They also have lower values – since they don’t have their drawbacks anymore.

The only time there are negatives now on the Weapon Mods is when there are multiple mods – like magazines – one of them will have higher positive values, but also some negative values.

For every slot, there is a mod for every type of stat that has no negative values.

Now you can choose the mods you want to use and that should also be more fun.

I'm almost to the endgame. I finished up the last couple side missions and my final two main missions tonight, the Federal Emergency Bunker and the Potomac Event Center. Liberated the West End and Judiciary Square, finished off any and all available projects The Campus, and that's it. All I have left to complete are the three strongholds.

Obviously there will be a lot more stuff popping up after I enter the endgame, as I'm only 97% done on side missions (including all the hidden ones), only 69% done on projects, and only 50% done on bounties. But, after 97 hours of gameplay, I am on the cusp of finishing the main story and moving into the endgame.

You will have plenty to do. Just finished the Tidal Basin Mission that was added today and entered World Tier 5. It was pretty easy for the group I was in, only one guy died a couple times. The same won't be said on Challenging mode. Just replaying story missions with 4 people on challenging was brutal. Now they added a Heroic difficulty. Hard pass for me on that. Outside of upping my gear to 500 (currently at 463) I will be waiting on the Raid coming out on the 25th. If it's anything like a Destiny raid it will be a clusterfuck for people like me who have to play with randoms. Hardly anyone uses their Mic in this game. Not to mention you have a group of eight people doing the raid. There is a reason why there is no matchmaking, outside of Guided matchmaking, for Destiny Raids.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-05-2019 at 03:10 PM.

One step closer to the endgame. After taking down today's bounties (other than challenging because fuck trying to do that solo), I just took down the Hyena stronghold at District Union Arena. Despite having fewer enemies (and especially waves of enemies) than I was expecting for a stronghold, I had a lot of fun with it! I'm definitely planning on replaying these strongholds again at some point.

I think I'm going to give the Outcast stronghold a try here in a few minutes before I head for the gym for the night, and I'll probably attempt the True Sons stronghold tomorrow sometime.

And goodbye to Emmeline Shaw and the Outcasts. That was closer to what I was expecting for a Stronghold assault. A lot more waves of enemies, more numerous enemies in each wave/section of the mission. And that last part when trying to stop the boat, that was fun as enemies just kept coming from multiple directions, keeping me on my toes and forcing me to constantly relocate and leap for cover to avoid being flanked or firebombed.

And then there was one. The Capitol Building and True Sons are all that's left. I expect this stronghold assault to be one hell of a wild ride. The Outcasts stronghold was far better and a better challenge than the Hyenas were, I expect another jump in both stronghold itself and a better challenge than Roosevelt Island.

The True Sons have had the best missions in the game in my opinion. I loved Lincoln Memorial and the Air & Space Museum, Space Administration HQ and ViewPoint Museum missions were all easily among my top favorite missions in the game.

So I expect the Capitol Building to be insanity of a mission and easily top all of the other missions in the game.

Well, I hadn't planned on doing the Capitol Building tonight, but after doing my daily Control Point rounds to collect all the weapons and gear from them, I teamed up with a guy through public matchmaking to do the challenging bounty with less than an hour before the servers shut down, then we proceeded to go do all the other bounties and then he started up the Outcasts stronghold, which we massacred with a team of four people.

Then with less than 30 minutes until the servers shut down, we massacred the Capitol Building with a three man team. We finished the mission with one minute left before servers went down. I just started the cutscene upon entering World Tier 1 when I got booted out of the server.

We raced the clock and we conquered. That was a lot of fun. I added both the randoms I went through the Capitol Building with to my friends list as we were absolutely kicking ass together.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-06-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Goddamn, now that I've been in the endgame for a day or two, there's almost too much to do now!

I thought my Control Points would be safe, since enemy attacks consist of like a whopping 4 or 5 enemies, all of them pretty much weak ass red bars except for a single elite, but nope, I've watched my Control Points be cut in half. I only control 7 now, down from like 12 or 13 when I first went and claimed a bunch Saturday afternoon.

Then there's The Campus, which it seems like every time I turn my back, those fuckers are constantly locked down because of one goddamn roadblock on a road three blocks away, so I constantly have to go attack the blockade so I can fast travel to The Campus.

And since I only control 7 Control Points currently on the map, I have to do a LOT of running to get from location to location, especially when I want to go and do bounties. Normally, that's not an issue, I love running from place to place and only really fast travel when trying to get from one side of the map to the other. Except for the fact I can't go one block without running into Black Tusk patrols, so by the time I get to where I want to go, I've exhausted all of my assault rifle ammo fighting my way through 50 different Black Tusk enemies.

Now, I will say, I had a really fun moment Sunday. I went to and took over the blockade that had The Campus shut down. Then right down the road was a Public Execution. While I was doing that, here comes an Elite Resource Convoy. While I'm fighting both the Elite Resource Convoy and the Public execution, a second regular Resource Convoy must have come past. Next thing I know, I'm fighting off about 10 different fucking waves of enemies from all directions. I completely ran out of assault rifle, rifle and LMG ammo. I was fighting off the final wave or two of enemies with my shotgun, my sub-machine gun and my pistol.

Another awesome moment, I stumbled upon a battle between a Black Tusk patrol and a True Sons patrol. I stood there watching Mr. Sledgehammer go one and one with Mr. Minigun. That was quite the battle to watch! I'm standing like 10 feet away from these two, even occasionally shooting at them, and they couldn't care less about me, they were 100% focused on killing each other. I saved video after watching that confrontation.