Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Division 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    https://variety.com/2019/gaming/revi...ew-1203166739/

The Guardian: Check out the ridiculousness of my review!
    CCC: Please... Check out this bat shit crazy review!
    Variety: Hold my Beer!

Last edited by bdoughty; 03-19-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Forgot to post asking how you and JB were with all that flooding that hit Nebraska. Hope things are well.
    Thanks for asking. Personally, we are good as our house is high enough up. Some of our land was under water and some still is.We were stranded at our house for a few days until the water went down to open up the roads. There are a lot of roads still under water and ruined bridges & roads. Basically every road west of Omaha was flooded or had washouts, making travel extremely difficult in the eastern part of the state. Some cities became islands with no way out. I believe every lake housing development in this area had mandatory evacuations and some had to do overnight water rescues to get people out.The cost of repairs is going to be in the hundreds of millions I believe and will take years to recover. I think this flood will end up being worse than what had in 1993 and that one was pretty terrible. Currently, I think I-29 from Council Bluffs south is under water as well causing more travel issues.

More political agenda. Most of the review is less about the game but his disdain of Ubi not jumping heavy into politics and that which was left in catered to the right. Not to mention a lack of enjoying looter shooters. Also another person that did not even delve into the endgame, outside of quips he could have easily found on the internet. At least he saw some loot, although it was apparently an annoyance.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...-2-game-review

2 out of 5
    I think Kotaku also had a' 'issue' with the opening cinematic asking if people/user 'had a gun' after the police and society crumbled. In a game that is built around shooting guns, finding guns, and upgrading guns, that line was an issue?

I don't get the demand for inserting politics in this franchise by some. AFAIK, it is all fictional politicians mentioned in the game and they aren't even a primary aspect. The first game came out in March 2016, so if it used real politicians wouldn't it be Obama they need to reference and not Trump?

The game does have some collectibles talking about Mexico building a wall to keep the infection & infected Americans out; couldn't that be construed as inserting politics? I took it as a play or joke against Trump's request for a border wall. That was enough politics for me without going over the top. Even with it located in DC, no one is buying it hoping for political drivel besides some terrible reviewers and sites. If anything, based on community impressions, people seem pretty excited to see DC in ruins and not functioning politically.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Thanks for asking. Personally, we are good as our house is high enough up. Some of our land was under water and some still is.We were stranded at our house for a few days until the water went down to open up the roads. There are a lot of roads still under water and ruined bridges & roads. Basically every road west of Omaha was flooded or had washouts, making travel extremely difficult in the eastern part of the state. Some cities became islands with no way out. I believe every lake housing development in this area had mandatory evacuations and some had to do overnight water rescues to get people out.The cost of repairs is going to be in the hundreds of millions I believe and will take years to recover. I think this flood will end up being worse than what had in 1993 and that one was pretty terrible. Currently, I think I-29 from Council Bluffs south is under water as well causing more travel issues.
    Glad to see you did not catch the worst of it. The images and videos of the floods were devastating to see.

If you thought that you just have not found enough loot and crafting materials, etc, liberate the Solar Farm control point (located in the Eastern most area of the East Mall area). Make sure you have the perception perk, where all loot glows heavy orange after you make a donation to the control point. In that area I was able to find around 50+ lootable items in under the 10 minutes duration of the perk. 5 or 6 were random weapon cases and the rest were crafting materials and junk to sell. You will see more orange in this area than at a game at Neyland Stadium. That's not even counting the stash you unlock when you take over it.

Just hit Lvl 14 and having a blast. One gripe and this happened in the original, is they seem to push certain weapons out the wazoo depending on your level and if you have used them. Hate shotguns, never use them and every vendor for the last 3 levels only sells shotguns. My loadout has been LMG/Marksman the whole way but there was four levels I never saw a new LMG or one that was worth replacing. Fortunately you can go a few levels with an under leveled gun, assuming it was a high role blue or purple.

Hanging out in the sewers I got quite the scare last night. No spoilers, just remember, you are not as alone down there as the game leads you to believe.

Hanging out in the sewers I got quite the scare last night. No spoilers, just remember, you are not as alone down there as the game leads you to believe.
    Spoiler: show
    I haven't run into anything major, but I did have a couple random Hyenas come walking out a door one time. Only time I've experienced anyone else down there. Any bosses or major surprises, I haven't found them yet. Though I do wish we had sewers from the first game. Those are fun and dangerous. These are boring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I haven't run into anything major, but I did have a couple random Hyenas come walking out a door one time. Only time I've experienced anyone else down there. Any bosses or major surprises, I haven't found them yet. Though I do wish we had sewers from the first game. Those are fun and dangerous. These are boring.

You will know it when you see it.

You will know it when you see it.

What district was it in? I've only advanced as far as the Federal Triangle and East Mall districts.

What district was it in? I've only advanced as far as the Federal Triangle and East Mall districts.

Southern area of the West Potamic Park. Was Lvl 22 at the time. It's apparently a random thing that could occur anywhere.

Southern area of the West Potamic Park. Was Lvl 22 at the time. It's apparently a random thing that could occur anywhere.
    Well, in that case if it's a random thing, definitely going make sure I keep my fingers on the trigger anytime I go into the sewers in the future.

Thank you RNGesus! Making my daily rounds of the Control Point weapon and gear boxes. Just drew high end knee pads at level 17 from the Demolition Site in Downtown East.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just hit World Tier 1. Everything solo. I found Roosevelt Island to be even tougher than the Capital Building due to the final area. Have 8 side missions that still need to be done, plus they added more. Tons of bounties, plus a lot of end game stuff that I am not going to spoil. Safe to say there is a ton of stuff to do once you finish the story and that is not even touching everything to do in the Dark Zone.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-27-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Just hit World Tier 1. Everything solo. I found Roosevelt Island to be even tougher than the Capital Building due to the final area. Have 8 side missions that still need to be done, plus they added more. Tons of bounties, plus a lot of end game stuff that I am not going to spoil. Safe to say there is a ton of stuff to do once you finish the story and that is not even touching everything to do in the Dark Zone.
    Sweet! I'm gradually getting there! I just hit level 18 last night, I just have the Space Administration HQ mission and the bounty for the Southwest safe house and I'll be completely done with the Southwest district and moving onto the whatever the district is called that the Campus is in.

Thank you RNGesus! Making my daily rounds of the Control Point weapon and gear boxes. Just drew high end knee pads at level 17 from the Demolition Site in Downtown East.
    Dumb question: I know that you are supposed to visit Control Points daily for these items, but where are they? I went to a few today and couldn't find anything in the Supply/Loot room. Do you have to have the Control Point leader completely stocked or something? Or is this user error (being dumb) on my part? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Dumb question: I know that you are supposed to visit Control Points daily for these items, but where are they? I went to a few today and couldn't find anything in the Supply/Loot room. Do you have to have the Control Point leader completely stocked or something? Or is this user error (being dumb) on my part? What am I missing?
    If you're talking about the big yellow crates, as far as I know, those are one time only things that you get when you first unlock the supply room. But the regular gear crate and weapon crate that are also inside each supply room restock every 24 hours and can be looted daily.

If you're talking about the big yellow crates, as far as I know, those are one time only things that you get when you first unlock the supply room. But the regular gear crate and weapon crate that are also inside each supply room restock every 24 hours and can be looted daily.

OK, I thought that. In one Control Point I had new items in the gear & weapon crate, but in another they were showing as opened. Maybe it was a bug? Thanks for the info! I'll check again tomorrow and see if they reappear.

You guys ever listen closely to the AI as they are patrolling and have not spotted you or even in during battle? This is some of the best random AI banter ever. I once let a suicider get too close and he screamed, "come give me a hug!" The one I was not particularly fond of was them shooting dogs for fun. I was like, "Hey catch this incendiary grenade."

Also, make sure that when you hit lvl 30 and unlock Specializations, spend some time looking over each of the perk trees. You can inspect all three before making a choice. I wanted the crossbow so I went Survivalist and many of the new perks are for items I never use. The crossbow itself is nice but a different specialization would have made for upgraded turret features, which is my go to skill.

You guys ever listen closely to the AI as they are patrolling and have not spotted you or even in during battle? This is some of the best random AI banter ever. I once let a suicider get too close and he screamed, "come give me a hug!" The one I was not particularly fond of was them shooting dogs for fun. I was like, "Hey catch this incendiary grenade."
    I haven't heard anything too funny yet, but I love how you can come up on warring factions and when I join in, they keep fighting. It other games the AI wouldn't be smart and they'd both turn on the user. A small thing that's really cool.

Man, I thought I had hit a wall last night that I would not be able to overcome on my own. I tried the Bank Headquarters mission last night, got all the way to the end when you run into Royce, and then couldn't fucking kill him. Between him and the seemingly neverending spawns of Hyenas, I died on that last part of the mission literally 10 goddamn times before I had to quit the mission and just move on for a bit.

After trying again today, I was able to kill him. I crafted new guns equal to my level (since my guns were still 1 or 2 levels below my current level at the time) and with higher damage, had some better gear that upped my health and armor and added damage bonuses for both weapons and against elites. And finally I did all the other side missions in Downtown West and liberated the district before going back and attempting the bank mission again, so I actually ended up being level 22 before I reattempted it as opposed to level 20 the first time.

I also changed my strategy. Instead of trying to kill the others first so I could eliminate as much of the incoming gunfire as possible and then focus on Royce, I ignored everyone else (except the snipers and grenade douches) and focused all of my firepower 100% on Royce right from the beginning, only shifting my aim if someone else got too close for comfort. Doing that, I had Royce mowed down in probably less than two minutes from the time he appeared and he actually never even got the chance to approach where I was taking cover as I just kept unloading clip after clip into his face until I finally broke his armor and killed him with the assist of an explosive RC car, courtesy of a Hyena Controller, that I shot and blew up right next to Royce.

So I got over my hurdle from last night and am moving forward. Now level 23 and moving on next to Constitution Hall. Slowly but gradually clearing the map.