Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Division 2

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/revi...ew-1203166739/

The Guardian: Check out the ridiculousness of my review!
    CCC: Please... Check out this bat shit crazy review!
    Variety: Hold my Beer!

Last edited by bdoughty; Yesterday at 11:37 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Forgot to post asking how you and JB were with all that flooding that hit Nebraska. Hope things are well.
    Thanks for asking. Personally, we are good as our house is high enough up. Some of our land was under water and some still is.We were stranded at our house for a few days until the water went down to open up the roads. There are a lot of roads still under water and ruined bridges & roads. Basically every road west of Omaha was flooded or had washouts, making travel extremely difficult in the eastern part of the state. Some cities became islands with no way out. I believe every lake housing development in this area had mandatory evacuations and some had to do overnight water rescues to get people out.The cost of repairs is going to be in the hundreds of millions I believe and will take years to recover. I think this flood will end up being worse than what had in 1993 and that one was pretty terrible. Currently, I think I-29 from Council Bluffs south is under water as well causing more travel issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    More political agenda. Most of the review is less about the game but his disdain of Ubi not jumping heavy into politics and that which was left in catered to the right. Not to mention a lack of enjoying looter shooters. Also another person that did not even delve into the endgame, outside of quips he could have easily found on the internet. At least he saw some loot, although it was apparently an annoyance.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...-2-game-review

2 out of 5
    I think Kotaku also had a' 'issue' with the opening cinematic asking if people/user 'had a gun' after the police and society crumbled. In a game that is built around shooting guns, finding guns, and upgrading guns, that line was an issue?

I don't get the demand for inserting politics in this franchise by some. AFAIK, it is all fictional politicians mentioned in the game and they aren't even a primary aspect. The first game came out in March 2016, so if it used real politicians wouldn't it be Obama they need to reference and not Trump?

The game does have some collectibles talking about Mexico building a wall to keep the infection & infected Americans out; couldn't that be construed as inserting politics? I took it as a play or joke against Trump's request for a border wall. That was enough politics for me without going over the top. Even with it located in DC, no one is buying it hoping for political drivel besides some terrible reviewers and sites. If anything, based on community impressions, people seem pretty excited to see DC in ruins and not functioning politically.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Thanks for asking. Personally, we are good as our house is high enough up. Some of our land was under water and some still is.We were stranded at our house for a few days until the water went down to open up the roads. There are a lot of roads still under water and ruined bridges & roads. Basically every road west of Omaha was flooded or had washouts, making travel extremely difficult in the eastern part of the state. Some cities became islands with no way out. I believe every lake housing development in this area had mandatory evacuations and some had to do overnight water rescues to get people out.The cost of repairs is going to be in the hundreds of millions I believe and will take years to recover. I think this flood will end up being worse than what had in 1993 and that one was pretty terrible. Currently, I think I-29 from Council Bluffs south is under water as well causing more travel issues.
    Glad to see you did not catch the worst of it. The images and videos of the floods were devastating to see.