Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Preorerd as I loved the first. Not going to mess with the beta but looking forward to playing on the 12th. Trois des quatre derniers jeux que j'ai achetés ont été publiés par Ubisoft! Sacrebleu!

What system are y'all getting this on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Xbox One X for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What system are y'all getting this on?

PS4 here. I don't think I played with others at all in D1. Hoping to change that with D2.

Even though it'd be expensive as hell, I'm considering getting it for both systems.

I've been pretty much 100% PS4 on system choice for game purchases the last two or three years, but between some of you guys buying it for Xbox One, plus I ran with a fun as hell group of guys from OS on the Xbox One in the first game that I would love to revive some late night Dark Zone sessions with, I'm really leaning towards biting the bullet and getting it on both and alternate which system I play on depending on who's on each night.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    PS4 here. I don't think I played with others at all in D1. Hoping to change that with D2.
    It's a lot of fun running with a group. Some of the most fun I had was attempting Russian Consulate or Warren Power Plant on Challenging difficulty with a group of guys from OS. It was guaranteed gut busting laughter the entire time.

The Dark Zone was also fun as a group. Either running all four together or split up into groups of two and bait others into attacking us. Look like two guys lost in the map, get someone cocky to attack us and the other two come running from nearby cover and next thing those people know, they're getting fucked up and slaughtered for four of us.

I also had one magical night in Dark Zone 6, the highest level DZ (at the time), our group of four ran into another group of four, plus two other of their friends. So we had 10 of us running around as a massive group. We fucking owned the Dark Zone that night. We ran that bitch with an iron fist and anyone who attacked us or got in our way was quickly destroyed.

I tried hard to like this game with the open beta but it just isn't for me. I'm not very good at shooters to begin with but I didn't enjoy the gameplay all that much. That said, I hope you all have a blast when it officially releases.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm not very good at shooters to begin with
    Oh the stories I could tell. Even ones about missing stationary targets. I was hoping you would get it just for the banter but I soloed the base game of D1 and plan to do the same with D2 now. Will stick with randos for the dark zone, high level stuff.

Played a couple missions on the beta, outside of a few new toys nothing too different so far from the first, but that isn't a bad thing either.
    The dude abides.

I went ahead and got a refund on this. Already finished a 43gb install and they have an update that is 43gb. Thankfully refunds are a snap with Xbox and I was able to do it straight from the website. I will probably get it down the road but only after some patches and a few more patches.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I went ahead and got a refund on this. Already finished a 43gb install and they have an update that is 43gb. Thankfully refunds are a snap with Xbox and I was able to do it straight from the website. I will probably get it down the road but only after some patches and a few more patches.
    You didn't like it?

Well shit, I may have to wait on this instead of getting it day one. Going to need to get about $600 worth of car work done in the near future, and since I have a trip to Cleveland coming up later this month, I'm more likely to get the work done now rather than waiting, especially since it involves the front struts and lower ball joints, which if those break while going 70+ MPH down the interstate, could be bad.

So, I may end up putting off buying this for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You didn't like it?
    Never played it. I had it preloaded for days (clicked on it and it was not the demo and asked if I wanted to go to the store for the release date). Then it had an update for the game and it happened to be the exact same file size. Ubi needs to get their shit together or I should be smart enough to wait until the game and a few patches are under their belt. Trials Rising (a Ubisoft published game) and it's glaring UI issues and torturous leveling did not help things. Great tracks but they unlock at a snails pace and you are forced to replay the same track with different bikes and 50,000 backflips to progress.

Also I was one of the idiots that was standing in line doing jumping-jacks when the Division came out.

That video cracked me up when it came out.
    The dude abides.

I caved. Downloading the game again. Just finished all the extreme tracks in Trials Rising and needed something new. This is new, so away we go.

Well, the car repairs today ended up not being quite as much as it was estimated, so I gave in and bought this for PS4 this evening. I'll probably still get it for Xbox One as well, but that won't happen until probably the end of the month.

Only at level 2 but enjoying it so far. If you liked the Division, this is more of the same. I was getting ready to do the first big mission when, "Servers down for maintenance in 30 minutes." Wish these games would offer the ability to keep playing in single player, cutting off all the online stuff during this time. They did get the loot right in this game. Loot and materials are everywhere. In the original certain items were a chore to obtain but they have definitely alleviated that so far.

My only real gripe is playing in the dark absolutely sucks. You still have no flashlight or light as a weapon attachment option. In the snow it was something that rarely bothered me because the lighting/snow just worked. In the hour or so I played I had it go dark twice and spent half the time trying to figure out if something was a wall or an entrance to a building/alley. I can always crank up the brightness but that kinda defeats the purpose. Just needs a small light source around your character. To make sure I wasn't going crazy I checked Reddit and it was on of the top requests for the game so hopefully they can figure something out.

Also not a fan of the new, "Call for assistance feature." Had to turn that feature off as I was constantly bombarded with messages of player seeking assistance.

It was 1:30am this morning before this finally finished downloading for me. I played for a little bit, got to The Theater and just got assigned the mission to head to the Grand Washington Hotel. Currently level 2, a little under halfway to level 3.

I agree about the loot. I found a TON of weapon and gear chests, simply just exploring random alleys and walking into buildings that you can enter. There are far more gear and weapon chests than I remember the first game having.

Right now I'm on PS4, but hoping to also get this for Xbox One towards the end of the month or early April since some of my old crew from OS that I used to run with on the Xbox One were getting this for Xbox One again. I'm thinking making PS4 my solo game (except for when I enter the darkzone, then I'll try to team up) and making Xbox One my co-op game.

Alright, I'm getting what you're saying about night time and darkness in this bdoughty. Overnight I had no issue, because I was playing at 1-2 in the morning in a dark room. Now playing at 10:30 in the morning, with the outside light reflecting off my TV screen, currently in the middle of the night, along with fog, it's difficult to see shit.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Even when playing in a dark room last night I was having issues. I played the Hotel mission with the early morning light coming in and navigating a couple areas inside the hotel were near impossible. Have not run into rain and fog so far and not looking forward to it outside of the daytime.

I am excited to start playing with the drones, currently have the turret. Sadly the Sticky Bomb is not in the game. This was the best skill upgrade in the first game. Just walk up to 3 enemies in the street, target area and they are toast. You will be missed Sticky Bomb.