View Poll Results: Who will win the College Football Playoff?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clemson

1 50.00%
  • Oklahoma

1 50.00%
  • Georgia

0 0%
  • Alabama

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Join the '17-18 TGT Bowl Mania Group & Bowl Schedule/Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    You know what, I actually love like these moves! If Alabama and Texas A&M and others can arbitrarily claim national championships just because some random poll (out of like 50 at the time) had them ranked #1 a hundred years ago, to hell with it, let these guys claim national titles. After all, UCF was the sole unbeaten team this year. Any other year in college football history, if a major team did that, they'd probably be claiming it too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think my only real issue with it is that UCF didn't wait for any outlet to proclaim them #1....they started saying 'champs!' just for going undefeated.

If any respectable outlet proclaims a team #1, I don't have any problem with them claiming a title. That's part of what makes CFB fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think my only real issue with it is that UCF didn't wait for any outlet to proclaim them #1....they started saying 'champs!' just for going undefeated.

If any respectable outlet proclaims a team #1, I don't have any problem with them claiming a title. That's part of what makes CFB fun IMO.
    Yeah, that part I get why it's rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. They just basically proclaimed themselves champions rather than having someone rank them #1 first.

Maybe it's due to me being a mid-major fan and the mid-majors usually getting screwed over time after time after time by the power schools, that I'm willing to look the other way and root on UCF on this.

I can get that part of it.

For the future, I'd like to first see the push to allow voters to proclaim any team #1, not having the playoff winner locked in like the coaches have to do. Of course, I don't think the media or coaches have the brass to vote anyone else as the champ. However, at least that option would provide a chance for a non-power conference team to be #1 like it did with BYU in '84.

The current push to expand the playoffs to eight still wouldn't have gotten UCF in, so the next push after that should be for better G5 representation and ranking procedures by the committee. They seem to change their focus yearly (weekly?) and seemingly buried UCF during the later stages of this season.

If they would do an 8 team playoff correctly, UCF could have gotten in and we would have had a hell of am entertaining playoff.

Do all P5 champions (Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State and USC), the highest ranking G5 champion (UCF) and two at large teams (likely would have been Alabama and Wisconsin).

If you seeded them solely off rankings, you'd have:

Clemson vs UCF
    Oklahoma vs USC
    Georgia vs Wisconsin
    Alabama vs Ohio State

Now in my opinion, those would have been some entertaining games! Granted Georgia vs Oklahoma and Ohio State vs USC were entertaining as hell, but even those four playoff games in an 8 team playoff likely would have been just as entertaining.

I like that ESPN has multiple ways to watch the game. I think the Coaches Filmroom is the best by far.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I like that ESPN has multiple ways to watch the game. I think the Coaches Filmroom is the best by far.
    That’s what I’m watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refs mess up the offsides on the punt block, Bama goes Fr QB, and now they have all the momentum.

#42 just saved #48's scholarship:

Nick Saban has made one hell of a deal with the devil

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Nick Saban has made one hell of a deal with the devil
    Sheesh, no kidding. The fine print in that contract must have said 'not eligible for kickers,' however.

I hate Alabama.

That's all I have to add to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That’s what I’m watching

I flipped through some of the other ESPN channel coverage last night and it was terrible.

At halftime, the 'Voices' broadcast had someone painted in all orange juggling oranges while Kenny G played. ESPN Goalline had three people on a couch, two staring down at their phones before one (the female) looked up to see Bama QB Tua and suggested some braids for his hair. I quickly went back to the Coaches Filmroom.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I hate Alabama.

That's all I have to add to the conversation.
    ‘Nuff said