Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA LIVE 18 - General Discussion & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just popped the game back in and the Pistons rosters are the same as opening day. Tobias still a SF and Beno Udrih still on roster. Pathetic. No roster edits and this game is going to have no support. Hopefully 2K18 is on sale for Black Friday. Don’t see the point in keeping this game without a roster edit feature to fix this crap.

Can't vouch for it, but I read that somehow the latest rosters reverted back to some errors that had been previously corrected. I don't know if the Pistons were ever fixed, though.

Personally, I think it's greatly insulting to the community that while not adding in roster editing (a huge request), EA will not make it a priority to get rosters updated/current. Between rosters, lack of strategy items, etc. I feel standard 5-on-5 NBA gameplay in the game is not much fun to play.

Most sports games have roster sharing and if you don’t update them constantly someone else will. We have no avenue to good rosters right now.

Here is a pretty good sign in regards to the future of NBA Live.

PSN store now offering a FIFA/NBA Live 18 bundle and FIFA/NHL 18 bundle. One bundle is $79.99 and the other is $99. Will let you guess which is which.

Starting December 19, NBA LIVE 18 will be available on PSN for just $9.99.

No word on if Microsoft will have a similar deal.

Wow! Unbelievably cheap.

I'm *assuming* tomorrow will be the All-Star Content Update. EA teased a player likeness update two months ago, so perhaps that will be included as well.

Either way, with the lack of communication and marketing by EA lately, I'm guessing this will be the final update of the year. Hopefully it is a good one. The game is still lacking in gameplay updates, player likenesses, roster updates, create-a-player clothing (no present day unis? wth?), roster editor bugs, etc. I doubt this patch will include all of the fixes it needs to keep the game alive through the second part of the season, unfortunately.

I guess Live 19 is happening and they are getting away from Frostbite. I don't understand why. They also said they want to focus on younger gamers. Probably a good decision to try to focus on kids that aren't committed to 2K or want a more arcade experience but I don't know what that means for the direction going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I guess Live 19 is happening and they are getting away from Frostbite. I don't understand why. They also said they want to focus on younger gamers. Probably a good decision to try to focus on kids that aren't committed to 2K or want a more arcade experience but I don't know what that means for the direction going forward.
    I don't know what the decision to not integrate Frostbite means either, though I have some ideas.

That quote from Graddy was interesting. Here it is for those who missed it:

“All of the modes are getting a little bit of love at some level,” this year, he added, “We tried to address at least a couple [of criticisms] regardless. Our focus is to still do things differently; we want to build a game for a younger, new demographic.”

The first part of that quote confirms that some features did not get much in terms of additions or changes. The 'younger, new demographic' part will hinge on how they actually go about doing it. Will they avoid any meaningful depth in an attempt to not overwhelm anyone? Or does it mean streetball gets the majority of the attention and the NBA aspects (5v5 gameplay, Franchise, et al.) continue to get neglected? The game didn't exactly add a lot when it took an extra year off, so will some aspects fall even further behind 2K and other sports titles?

They are going to have to be more clear. I’m surprised they are doing another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They are going to have to be more clear. I’m surprised they are doing another game.
    My gut says that EA may keep making LIVE on these consoles but perhaps end it when new consoles come around. Unless the game starts pulling in big money or it becomes ridiculous easy (copy and paste) to get the same game onto next-gen, I question if EA makes the investment. LIVE 18 & 19 saw some Madden devs helping out with the game. I highly doubt they are not going to have Madden devs pull double-duty to get LIVE ready for a new console....instead, it'll be all hands on deck for Madden's move to PS5/XB2. That's the bellcow they are going to protect.

I agree EA needs to start being more clear with LIVE. Most (all?) of the devs who were visible/active on Twitter have removed LIVE from their bio and/or ended discussing the game openly with the community. However, it seems the only thing they care about with the title right now is getting YouTubers to talk about and make free marketing content for the title. To be fair, the new GameChangers program that spans all EA titles seems to only focus on that.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-01-2018 at 07:56 PM.