• Eagles

2 40.00%
  • Patriots

3 60.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    The Dolphins are freaking morons. Timmons takes off and they panic, giving up a 5th rounder for Stephone Anthony who is inactive and doesn't see the field. Then they trade Jay Ajayi to Philly for only a 4th rounder? He's the only good thing on this offence. Gase's offence is garbage and if this backfires I want him gone. Some of the decisions he has forced on this club are bad - like fighting for Julius Thomas. Waste!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I figure you'd also enjoy this, came across it just now, lol.

https://youtu.be/wAqmmjKgrOk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Is this an early April Fools joke? I don't get that at all. It makes no sense for the Raiders and makes even less sense for Gruden. Del Rio is a good fit for the job and Gruden is happy with the TV gig. I will be stunned if it becomes a reality. Gruden has been out of coaching for a long time. Why comeback now?

This is the annual Gruden report designed to get him a raise. Like clockwork. He already makes $6M a year and has the best gig in town. I doubt anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    This is the annual Gruden report designed to get him a raise. Like clockwork. He already makes $6M a year and has the best gig in town. I doubt anything happens.
    One interesting thing about this story is the Derek Carr piece. Some of the Raider faithful are beginning to turn on him and comparisons to his brother are now popping up everywhere. To be fair he has not been as good as he was last season (since the injury) but Cooper and Crabtree and the drops have just been deadly this year. The team needs to drop Lynch and refocus on getting the type of RB who fits there scheme and picking up a solid possession receiver.

And the Browns clinch perfection! In what might be the most Browns play I've ever seen, a pass on fourth down and two, to a wide open receiver, hits him in the hands and goes right through his damn hands for a dropped pass incompletion to turn the ball over on downs and seal Cleveland's o-fer fate.

That fourth down dropped pass to seal their 0-16 fate was like the perfect representation of the Browns, not only this season, but as a franchise as whole.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And the Browns clinch perfection! In what might be the most Browns play I've ever seen, a pass on fourth down and two, to a wide open receiver, hits him in the hands and goes right through his damn hands for a dropped pass incompletion to turn the ball over on downs and seal Cleveland's o-fer fate.

That fourth down dropped pass to seal their 0-16 fate was like the perfect representation of the Browns, not only this season, but as a franchise as whole.

Don't tell Steeler but... I actually felt bad for them and wanted them to get the win. Imagine living with that title... 0/16. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

My actual reaction watching that play:

"Sack him!
    Get him!
    Damn it!
    Fuck!
    Oh, wait, nevermind, it's the Browns."

Derek Carr is a bit of an enigma. Can make a lot of great plays but misses some easy ones. Like Cousins, both of them can get happy feet on the pocket and rush decisions, dumping off passes rather than waiting for a better play. He’s still young.

The thing that makes QBs so tough is guys like Brady and Rodgers making average salaries at QB and yet being so much better than the rest of these pretenders like Stafford making $25M a year. Most players can’t carry a team into the playoffs and are very over paid at $20+.

So Marvin Lewis... gets an extension???? ... This guy has done nothing in all his years and he's untouchable. Ohio makes some interesting football decisions (aka Browns and Bengals).

I am actually fine with Marvin Lewis staying. That owner is cheap and doesn’t give the resources in scouting and other areas. The Bengals were a disaster before he took over and have consistently competed for a playoff spot although they haven’t won any. While I can agree that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance I don’t think Cincinnati is a spot where you can win consistently and I think they could do worse by firing him.

Supposedly Gruden and the Raiders is a done deal. He'll be announced as their new head coach on Tuesday.

Schefter now reporting Gruden's deal is for 10 years, worth $100 million, the longest deal in NFL history.

10 years and $100M for Gruden! To quote the late Dick Enberg “Oh my!”

Wow.

No disrespect to anyone but that deal is a mistake. Gruden hasn't coached in 9 years. I realize that this signing is mostly to pacify the Oakland fans as the team plays out their lame duck year(s) but boy.

This has to make some other more accomplished HCs VERY happy.

I just hope it’s true Belichick is leaving. If only Brady leaves too and then Miami has a chance!

Whoa! What's this about Belichick leaving? I know there was a bunch of stories the past day or two about a some sort of friction between Belichick, Brady and Kraft, but I haven't actually paid any attention to it beyond the occasional sports notification that pops up on my phone.