Thread: 2017 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 NFL Season Talk

It's here!!!!

The dude abides.

And here are my "fearless" predictions....

AFC EAST AFC NORTH AFC SOUTH AFC WEST
    1. New England 1. Pittsburgh 1. Tennessee 1. Los Angeles
    2. Buffalo 2. Cincinnati * 2. Houston * 2. Denver
    3. Miami 3. Baltimore 3. Indianapolis 3. Oakland
    4. New York 4. Cleveland 4. Jacksonville 4. Kansas City
    NFC EAST NFC NORTH NFC SOUTH NFC WEST
    1. Dallas 1. Green Bay 1. Atlanta 1. Seattle
    2. New York 2. Minnesota 2. Tampa Bay * 2. Arizona
    3. Philadelphia 3. Chicago 3. New Orleans * 3. Los Angeles
    4. Washington 4. Detroit 4. Carolina 4. San Francisco

WILD CARD

Houston d. Los Angeles
    Tennessee d. Cincinnati
    Dallas d. New Orleans
    Tampa Bay d. Seattle

DIVISIONAL

New England d. Houston
    Pittsburgh d. Tennessee
    Green Bay d. Tampa Bay
    Atlanta d. Dallas

CONFERENCE

New England d. Pittsburgh
    Atlanta d. Green Bay

SUPER BOWL 52

Atlanta d. New England
    The dude abides.

Oddly enough, I'm predicting a rematch and payback for ATL.
    The dude abides.

Still no love for Miami! I think Miami does better than Buffalo who seems to be tanking this year. I see Detroit being better than Chicago.

I think the AFC West and NFC South are the most balanced divisions with anything that could happen. The NFC East should be interesting too.

Madden Curse still going strong! Stick a Patriot or Cowboy player on the cover every year.

Brady was 16-36 (45% QBR) and it was his 5th worst game as a starter. Kudos to the fine folks at EA!

I'll take a Patriots loss any day! Andy Reid is under appreciated so much. Philly should have never let him go. I realize it sucks when a coach "only" brings you to conference championships every year. Clearly any coach that doesn't win a Super Bowl in less than 10 years should be fired lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lol Tex-Anns.

Ugly win for Pittsburgh but I liked seeing TJ Watt go off. Can't wait to wear my black and gold Watt jersey in Houston.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Hmm. I guess this award is fixed and Jeremy Fowler let the cat out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hmm. I guess this award is fixed and Jeremy Fowler let the cat out of the bag.
    Don't let Ram see this... lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Don't let Ram see this... lol
    Speaking of Nostradumbass, I found out what he's been up to lately.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson's character in Jurassic Park, hold onto your butts. We're going down the fucking rabbit hole of all rabbit holes.

He ain't the owner of the blog, but from the week 1 and week 2 posts, he is a frequent commenter and apparently has graduated from claiming injuries are faked to pulling random numbers out of his ass as justifications for why games are rigged in one team's favor. Still quite unsuccessfully it would appear.

http://upsidedowntruthnfl.blogspot.com/?m=1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Better there than here.

Lawrence Timmons went awol on Miami Saturday. Not playing today. Not sure what happened.

Timmons suspended indefinitely by Miami. Miami now trades for LB. I think Timmons is cut and I see a fight over that FULLY guaranteed contract for two years. Still don't know why Timmons took off and was found by cops Sunday morning in the airport. Caught everyone off guard. Don't know if it was a fight with his family or anger or depression. Doesn't sound like it was related to his role on the team as he was expected to start and play a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Timmons suspended indefinitely by Miami. Miami now trades for LB. I think Timmons is cut and I see a fight over that FULLY guaranteed contract for two years. Still don't know why Timmons took off and was found by cops Sunday morning in the airport. Caught everyone off guard. Don't know if it was a fight with his family or anger or depression. Doesn't sound like it was related to his role on the team as he was expected to start and play a lot.
    He was at Steelers practice the Friday before Pittsburgh's opener (of course, he had evacuated). I read that he is unhappy with the Dolphins organization (not everyone can be Pittsburgh). Sounds like he may just regret leaving the Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    He was at Steelers practice the Friday before Pittsburgh's opener (of course, he had evacuated). I read that he is unhappy with the Dolphins organization (not everyone can be Pittsburgh). Sounds like he may just regret leaving the Steelers?
    That sounds the most logical but there was talk of him seeing a doctor or having a personal issue. Either way, you can't just take off and tell nobody. He's a veteran that knows this business. He got a 2 year $12M contract that was pretty much fully guaranteed but this suspension probably nullifies some of that and they can go after the signing bonus. Sounds like Gase doesn't like or believe his reasons and is super pissed.

They have done a good job of keeping things quiet. I'd like to know more but after trading for Anthony I think he is done in Miami. The Dolphins cap after having paid Cutler $10M+ this season is not going to be in great shape moving forward. Their secondary is still slow and their LBs are still bad. Signing Alonso to all that money along with Branch at DE were mistakes too imo.

That sounds the most logical but there was talk of him seeing a doctor or having a personal issue. Either way, you can't just take off and tell nobody. He's a veteran that knows this business. He got a 2 year $12M contract that was pretty much fully guaranteed but this suspension probably nullifies some of that and they can go after the signing bonus. Sounds like Gase doesn't like or believe his reasons and is super pissed.

They have done a good job of keeping things quiet. I'd like to know more but after trading for Anthony I think he is done in Miami. The Dolphins cap after having paid Cutler $10M+ this season is not going to be in great shape moving forward. Their secondary is still slow and their LBs are still bad. Signing Alonso to all that money along with Branch at DE were mistakes too imo.
    Whatever the case, hopefully he gets his head straight. He was always dependable and was a good citizen in Pittsburgh.

I agree though, it appears his days in Miami are over.

The only formula that makes sense after looking at that site:

QBs Birthdate + Head Coach Losses - Franchise Wins = Pathetic Chronic Masturbators in Momma's Basement

That shit is BEYOND idiotic. Good find, Smooth!

They are saying they won't comment on it publicly. They also said the trade for Anthony was in works before this. Maybe he still comes back but he is out this week. Still don't know why he took of to the airport and told nobody.

Hopefully he is ok mentally. Could be scary to himself and family.

They are saying they won't comment on it publicly. They also said the trade for Anthony was in works before this. Maybe he still comes back but he is out this week. Still don't know why he took of to the airport and told nobody.

Hopefully he is ok mentally. Could be scary to himself and family.
    I read he was flying to PA to see his daughter. Who knows why?