Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World Evolution

• Facebook
  • Display

Jurassic World Evolution

I saw this too. I like the concept but have no idea on the execution.

If I understand the trailer, it's basically Sims/Roller Coaster Tycoon, et al. but with Jurassic Park? Cool concept, but what is the goal or endgame? To see who can create the fanciest park to withstand a dino-attack or is it to create the best dino-attack? Really interested in seeing more.

Not much longer for this to come out. I'm looking forward to creating my own custom Jurassic Park. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting the entire time for my first Dino breakout and murderous rampage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Not much longer for this to come out. I'm looking forward to creating my own custom Jurassic Park. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting the entire time for my first Dino breakout and murderous rampage.

I am too Smooth. I do worry about replayability though but come on... its sims, it's building and it's freaking dinosaurs. I will likely pre-order just to get the deluxe extra dinos pack (and I despise pre-ordering!).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I am too Smooth. I do worry about replayability though but come on... its sims, it's building and it's freaking dinosaurs. I will likely pre-order just to get the deluxe extra dinos pack (and I despise pre-ordering!).
    Yeah, I'm going to likely pre-order too. This is shaping up to be an expensive summer, which normally is quiet for me. In the span of a month, State of Decay 2, Detroit: Become Human, Jurassic World Evolution and Vampyr. That on top of Far Cry 5 (which I'm only 1/3rd of the way through) and MLB The Show which both just released right at the end of March. I'm gonna be shuffling games all summer to squeeze all these in.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to likely pre-order too. This is shaping up to be an expensive summer, which normally is quiet for me. In the span of a month, State of Decay 2, Detroit: Become Human, Jurassic World Evolution and Vampyr. That on top of Far Cry 5 (which I'm only 1/3rd of the way through) and MLB The Show which both just released right at the end of March. I'm gonna be shuffling games all summer to squeeze all these in.

Yeah I feel yeah. I'm not sure about Decay 2 and i'm on the fence about Detroit but I'll probably bite.

This one is interesting. It looks like something my daughter would like so I'll check with her. If she wants it, I'll probably end up playing too.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This one is interesting. It looks like something my daughter would like so I'll check with her. If she wants it, I'll probably end up playing too.
    Yeah I think the kids will like this one too so I definitely going to bite. Now I just need the 4k TV.

2 hours of gameplay and an interview with the man, the myth and the legend himself, Jeff Goldblum.

I put 2 1/2 hours in last night.

So far I have 6 Struthiomimus, 3 Triceratops and 3 Edmontosaurus in my main enclosure. I created an entirely second enclosure with a powered fence and am about to release my first carnivore, a Ceratosaurus.

Between the two enclosures, I have 6 viewing galleries for my visitors. I've also built a gift shop, a fast food place and a clothing shop to bring in extra money from visitors.

All told, I'm currently pulling in a profit of $120,368 each minute. I have $149,000 in income and $28,000 in expenses, with $27,600 of that coming from power usage costs by my three small power stations that I have to have to power everything.

I have a picture of all four dinosaur breeds currently active in my park, plus the last one, a favorite of mine, caught a picture right as my little meat eater was just chomping down on a live goat.

Got another pic of my little meat eater playing with his food.

I also added 2 new Triceratops and a couple more Struthiomimus to the previous listed amount and 2 new Ceratosaurus (for a total of 4 carnivores now). I've also since added a bunch of emergency shelters for my visitors to run to when the eventual carnivore breakout happens. I also added a hotel to allow more people to come to the island and a restaurant. I currently have over $6 million cash on hand and a profit of $257,499 a minute.

For those on the fence about this, here's 18 minutes of gameplay I just captured while taking those pictures earlier. I tried to do most of the stuff you can do in the game to give you guys a good look at what all is involved.

Had my first incubation fail, followed immediately by DINO FIGHT! Had three fights break out among my four Ceratosauruses, resulting in two being killed. The video of said fights is below.

In the meantime, I just unlocked Isla Nublar, the original Jurassic Park island. It's a pure sandbox island (you can build the ultimate facility without having to worry about budgets), there are no contracts or missions (no need to pay attention to division reputation or tasks) and you keep your progress (use any and all of the dinosaurs, buildings and upgrades you have unlocked from all of the islands in Las Cinco Muertes).

I don't know if Isla Nublar was supposed to unlock yet or not, but simply building an Innovation Center in my initial island did the trick. Other than that, I have Isla Matanceros up to a 4 star rating and I earlier unlocked the second island, Isla Muerta, which is often ravaged by dangerous storms, making it a much more hazardous island.

Once I reach a point where I can't do anything more on Matanceros, I'll move on to Muerta. Get that up to 3 stars, and you unlock Isla Tacano, three stars there will unlock Isla Pena and three stars on Pena will unlock Isla Sorna.

Thanks for posting those, Smooth.

If I missed it, I apologize....is there a way or mode to unleash chaos? (Dinosaurs destroying the place.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Thanks for posting those, Smooth.

If I missed it, I apologize....is there a way or mode to unleash chaos? (Dinosaurs destroying the place.)
    I'm not sure about dinosaurs actually destroying any buildings. But they can get out and rampage and attack and kill your visitors. There are a couple ways they can get out, first, you can manually open and close any gates in compound fences.

There's actually a tutorial mission early on that involves intentionally opening a gate and allowing an Edmontosaurus loose, to introduce you to what happens when they get out, and the steps to get them tranquilized and transported back into their compound.

The second way, some of them, if you don't have them in an environment that they like, their comfort level will drop into red numbers and they'll attack and break through fences. I had a couple very upset Triceratops and Dracorexes continously breaking through my fences and running loose in the park, which with the hole in the fence then resulted in 3 or 4 Struthiomimus and an Edmontosaurus finding their way through the hole before my ranger jeeps could get there and fix the fence.

I found out that Dracorexes like company of their own species, plus some other species nearby (I only had one or two Dracorexes at the time) and Triceratops are very finicky about being overcrowded. To solve both issues, I cleared out a bunch of forests and created some new water on the far side of the island and tranquilized and moved all Triceratops and Dracorexes over there by themselves since they get along well and have similar comfort needs. After doing that, I never had a problem again.

Now things are easy on the initial starting island, Isla Matanceros. Once you move to Isla Muerta, Isla Tacano, Isla Pena or Isla Sorna, you have to deal with both storms (Muerta for instance has in its description that it gets ravaged by bad storms) which can damage buildings and knock out your power (goodbye electrified fences around your carnivores) and you have to juggle keeping the Security, Science and Entertainment divisions happy by completing their missions without ignoring one or the other too long.

If you ignore one too long, well, you might end up with one of them going Dennis Nedry on you and sabotaging something on the island. It could be a damaged building, power knocked out (which when that happens, you either have to dispatch a ranger jeep or drive there yourself to get the building back online, as it's a 3 or 4 minute wait for it to reboot on its own otherwise), random compound gates opened up to let dinosaurs loose, possibly maybe broken fences or something, not certain about that one.

So there are a couple ways for dinosaurs to get loose and rampage. I had my first death last night when a Ceratosaurus got loose and proceeded to munch down on one of my guests for lunch. The lawyers loved that one. Had something like a $24,000 cost for injury/death lawsuits or something in my park expenses that month.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-13-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Just a brief update on my own Dino World, though I haven't been able to play since Wednesday afternoon.

My first island is coming along well. Got a 5 star dinosaur rating and a 3.5 star facilities rating. I currently have over a dozen Struthiomimus, 3 Ceratosaurus, 4 Dracorex, 6 Edmontosaurus, 3 Huayangosaurus and 2 Triceratops. And by getting my science reputation up high enough, I just unlocked the Crichtonsaurus deluxe fossil.

I've got $45 million cash on hand, with an average profit of $450,000 per minute.

I've just about reached the limit of what I can do on Isla Matanceros. I have no more room to build new facilities, and I can't add much more dinosaurs without affecting the comfort levels of the others.

Turn out Triceratops and Dracorex are extremely picky about their comfort and surroundings. I have all the Dracorex and Triceratops off together in their own clearing separate to keep them from feeling overcrowded by the other dinosaurs and going after my fences.

Speaking of fences, had my first death last night. One of my Ceratosauruses got loose, and watched him chomp down on one of my guests while I tried to shoot him with tranq darts from the ACU helicopter. Probably would have saved that poor bastard's life if I had left the chopper to tranq the dinosaur by itself, but I wanted to try shooting the darts at him myself. Turns out I was a little slow with my aim and was about 5 seconds late on tranquilizing the Dino before he could eat anyone.

I'm gonna take what I learned on Matanceros and set things up differently on Isla Muerta. I'm gonna have multiple enclosures for the herbivore species. Have one enclosure solely for Triceratops and Dracorex since they seem to get along well. Another solely for Edmontosaurus and Struthiomimus, since they are very alike in comfort needs and never cause any troubles. And then a separate enclosure for Huayangosaurus since they prefer more forest than the other species.

I'm also going to lay out buildings and entirely redo whatever paths exist from the start of the island. So much wasted space on Matanceros because I just built onto the default paths and shoehorned buildings in where I could. Gonna try to make everything much tighter and more efficiently placed to free up space for more buildings on Isla Muerta.

Once I get Isla Muerta up and running and get a good steady profit coming in from there, I may go back and shut down Matanceros. Let the dinosaurs age out and die naturally but not replace them, then close the park to visitors and go through removing all buildings, fences and paths and completely rebuild the island from the ground up, maybe I'll be able to get more stuff built on Matanceros than what I have now and make that island more efficient than it currently is.

I want this!
    The dude abides.

You still like this smooth?

Yeah, I've had nothing but fun in this game. I haven't been able to play any games at all the last two weeks due to work, but when I get some time over the next week, I'll be pumping a lot more into this.

I was perplexed that my daughter was not interested in this game and also a little disappointed because I wanted to mess with it but not enough to buy it for myself.

This week I finally figured out why she wasn't really into it. She loves The Sims but only because she likes decorating the houses (she gets bored of the actual game).