Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 18 - General Discussion & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I played Longshot last night for one hour. The story locks at that point if you have EA ACCESS so I cannot finish it until Madden 18 goes into the Vault. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised by the mode. The story and development are very well done. Apparently the mode is only three hours but the hour I played was very interesting.
    I went into it not expecting much, but ending up thinking the mode was very well done. It took me about 3:30 to complete it, IIRC.

I think it's the first sports story mode I have completed and the short length helped out with that. Plus the plot, though silly and cliche at times, was far better than Spike Lee's effort in NBA 2K and I felt it was more engaging than The Journey in FIFA.

I only have a couple games in since us Standard users had to wait until last night but there are some early issues. My defensive players are playing a completely different game. I call man D and there always seems to be one guy who leaves his assigned player. Call a zone and LB's just run off leaving huge gaps which the AI just burns me every time. Kept giving up huge plays in all my games where the receivers were wide open. Stopping the run has been no problem, probably a little too easy but tolerable compared to defending the pass. I can understand the occasional missed assignment for realism but this happens on almost every pass. Play on Simulation and All Pro and do not touch the sliders.

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I only have a couple games in since us Standard users had to wait until last night but there are some early issues. My defensive players are playing a completely different game. I call man D and there always seems to be one guy who leaves his assigned player. Call a zone and LB's just run off leaving huge gaps which the AI just burns me every time. Kept giving up huge plays in all my games where the receivers were wide open. Stopping the run has been no problem, probably a little too easy but tolerable compared to defending the pass. I can understand the occasional missed assignment for realism but this happens on almost every pass. Play on Simulation and All Pro and do not touch the sliders.

I thought you weren't buying the game this year?

Long Shot was better than I expected and I actually enjoyed the story/mode.

The gameplay however is pretty much the same its been forever and with EA focussed almost entirely on pay-to-win/MUT its a real shame CFM is probably never going to be improved in any significant way ever again.

I'm looking for a small group of guys that are interested in a CFM. If not, I'll finish off the and return.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I thought you weren't buying the game this year?
    I buy it every year. I think that was someone else.

I guess trade logic and IR logic got ignored for M18. In this post only one player in the league was on IR at the half way point. Disappointing but not surprising. CFM was not a focus.

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...&postcount=375

Next year will be the year of the Franchise.

Spoiler: show
    MUT Franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Next year will be the year of the Franchise.

Spoiler: show
    MUT Franchise.
    I know you are joking, but I am honestly surprised they haven't added such a feature yet.

Sadly, I wasn't joking. Honestly think this will become a thing before the Franchise gets a overhaul and zone defenses actually work. Gotta have priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    Hey, once you guys finish Longshot, look at the solo challenges in MUT. You're in for a sight for VERY sore eyes. Trust me.
    Thanks for the heads-up on this.

I put together a quick video on how to play (very limited) CFB in Madden here:

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Really makes you think... what might have been...

That is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

I cry inside everytime I see this video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a really nasty DC glitch going around online. As I understand it, it can get a user to end the game and get a W even in trailing. This is not good news for their eSports scene when a few wins here and there can completely alter the standings and who gets into events.

Madden has fallen so far off my radar I still have not used my ALL 10 hour EA ACCESS trial. I still have about an hour left. Simply put, the offline franchise bores me to tears.

Was there anything done with franchise mode this year? I've been feeling a pro football franchise itch, pretty much ignored Madden this year so I have no clue what was added or changed, and debating if $24 is worth it in the PSN Holiday sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry. Didn’t pick up Madden this year and haven’t missed it at all.