Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 18 - General Discussion & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 18 - General Discussion & Impressions

Watching this player-career series has been the closest I’ve come to being involved with Madden 18.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eFH-Kp751yooAv
    Of course though, I’m far more invested into this Teambuilder series of his:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...kwrm2Pz28E_ARG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGTer Mr. Hit Stick is currently competing in the Madden Club Series Championship down in Orlando representing the Colts.

Awesome!

I think the Colts championship is tonight and I have been monitoring the Madden League Ops twitter for a score on the game.

I don't know the score of his game, but Mr. Hit Stick just tweeted out that he has won the Colts Club Championship!

His next match-up will be on Saturday as part of the Madden Club Championship.

Good for him! Hopefully he does well moving forward.

Madden Ops tweeted out the scores of the late games. He won Colts club final 31-7.

Next up the, 32 team, single elimination Madden Club Championship tournament with the winners of all club finals, with him facing the winner of the Titans club finals in his first game.

The AFC teams play Saturday around 4pm ET.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mr. Hit Stick will be playing in the next pod of games, I believe.

Livestream here:

Mr. Hit Stick rallies from a couple scores down but falls short. He had a tough draw and nearly pulled it off.

That was a hell of a run. Made it all the way to the final 32 and didn't go down without a fight.

Fortunately this was not in Mr. Hit Stick's game, but still I'd be livid if I were a competitor and this happened:

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Fortunately this was not in Mr. Hit Stick's game, but still I'd be livid if I were a competitor and this happened:

Best part is the EA employees just ignore the obvious during their commentary

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Best part is the EA employees just ignore the obvious during their commentary
    Not true. I watched the livestream. They discussed it, albeit briefly, during a replay minutes after it happened.

EDIT: They mention it at 2:52:30
    Last edited by steelerfan; 01-29-2018 at 12:11 AM.

I didn't have the sound on to hear what happened or if the commentators mentioned it, but there was also a glitch towards the end of the Jags vs. Texans (?) game. They had to stop the game for what seemed like 5-10+ minutes. I think it started with some sort of penalty happening/being called. Both competitors kind of did a 'wtf?' gesture and immediately started looking at Madden League officials off-stage.

Also, ESPN signs deal for Madden broadcast rights.

ESPN, Disney and the NFL announced on Friday a multiyear deal to broadcast the Madden NFL 18 Championship Series and future leagues surrounding the popular Madden franchise. It's the first multiyear exclusive competitive gaming broadcast agreement for ESPN.

"We're thrilled to continue and expand our relationship with EA and the NFL in not only showcasing to our audiences these world class esports competitions for multiple years, but using the myriad of ESPN and Disney global platforms to tell the incredible stories of these competitors," John Lasker, VP of ESPN digital media programming, said in a statement.

The agreement will broadcast two Madden-based leagues: The Madden NFL 18 Club Championship and the Madden NFL 18 Ultimate League. The club championship tournament, which features players representing all 32 NFL franchises, will begin at the NFL Pro Bowl on Friday in Orlando, Florida, and end with the finals during the week of Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis at the Super Bowl Experience on Thursday.

Courtesy: ESPN

The only time I see anything showing up on TV is Thursday night for one hour at 9pm EST on ESPN2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Not true. I watched the livestream. They discussed it, albeit briefly, during a replay minutes after it happened.

EDIT: They mention it at 2:52:30
    Fair enough I only watched the video cdj posted and they didnt mention it as it happened live.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Fair enough I only watched the video cdj posted and they didnt mention it as it happened live.
    They actually talked about a few glitches like some sort of kickoff glitch. Heck, live I didn't notice it as I was solely watching the ball carrier. I'd guess they didn't see it either. I was kinda surprised that they discussed bugs and glitches as openly as they did.

Madden sucks and they won't likely get my money again until PS5 but I give them credit for acknowledging some of the mess.

Mitch Trubisky is TERRIBLE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spent the afternoon playing through LongShot and I absolutely LOVED it. It’s SO good. Even if you give 0 f*cks about Madden, play through it. I can’t praise it enough.