Thread: Madden NFL 18 - Community Footage

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 18 - Community Footage

And so it begins. If this didn't say 18 I would have assumed it was from last year.

Some intros...

That juke is the kind of stuff that ruins this game IMO...

So this is basically the improvement to CFM....

LOWEST rated pick is a 70 ovr. Why will Madden NOT stretch the ratings?????
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks for posting. Looks like Madden. I haven't watched much of it but I stopped watching the Dolphins and Bills video. It looks the same and I was too bored and I just don't care. Frostbite movement looks the same to me. Probably unfair but at first glance I just don't see big changes.

I'm sure guys that liked last year will like this year. I am out though. Haven't enjoyed this game for over two years.

- What do you guys this of this format by EA in releasing gameplay videos? (Having YouTubers and #influencers as the content creators and releasing a bevy of videos basically at once.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    - What do you guys this of this format by EA in releasing gameplay videos? (Having YouTubers and #influencers as the content creators and releasing a bevy of videos basically at once.)
    I personally don't like it at all. In a lot of ways it feels like EA didn't want to release footage of their own product. Also, areas of improvement could have been seen by the community in advance and that would give Tiburon more time to work on fixes. The whole marketing approach this year has been a mess IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Thanks for posting. Looks like Madden. I haven't watched much of it but I stopped watching the Dolphins and Bills video. It looks the same and I was too bored and I just don't care. Frostbite movement looks the same to me. Probably unfair but at first glance I just don't see big changes.

I'm sure guys that liked last year will like this year. I am out though. Haven't enjoyed this game for over two years.
    I feel the same Rudy. NO IMPROVEMENTS TO CFM IS OUTRAGEOUS! I jst cannot justify the purchase. I will do the EA ACCESS but that's about it.

It is very late in the game for these videos and releasing them all at once wasn't a good idea. Why not showcase certain things each day? In the past I would have agreed that releasing a ton of stuff around the draft or in May was too early. But waiting until August?

Madden still sells very well but for the #1 sport to be over taken by NBA 2K in sales indicates people might be more interested if the game was better. I think that is why we are seeing Longshot story mode. They are trying to capture that part of the market.

For me these annual cycles on high end consoles and PC don't allow for enough improvement anymore. Sports games just don't change that much year to year. I have similar issues with the Show. These games FEEL so similar that I can't buy them annually anymore. The small improvements just aren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post

That juke is the kind of stuff that ruins this game IMO...
    I liked the juke. Always a huge fan of jukes. I don't know what was going on with the odd looking stutter move afterwards though.

Bought Madden every year since it first came out on the Genesis, this year will be no different. Pre-ordered the digital basic version. After playing FIFA with Frostbite, I was not expecting anything special in regards to the graphics. Outside of the sidelines I always felt Madden looks pretty good. Nothing spectacular but not off-putting either. Really wish they would implement a better weather system in the game. Weather should change during a game with varied rain or snow of different amounts and length. The days of mud and unis getting really degraded have been done away by the fields having so much better water dispersal and the grass turf that is used, so the lack of it is understandable. There should also be a difference between light snow and heavy snow and how the field is covered over the course of a game. It should also have a greater impact on the gameplay in regards to player footing.

I honestly have not paid attention to what is new outside of the engine. Have they decided to offer a custom camera or at the very least more options? I am betting no but maybe one day...
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-10-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I personally don't like it at all. In a lot of ways it feels like EA didn't want to release footage of their own product. Also, areas of improvement could have been seen by the community in advance and that would give Tiburon more time to work on fixes. The whole marketing approach this year has been a mess IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It is very late in the game for these videos and releasing them all at once wasn't a good idea. Why not showcase certain things each day? In the past I would have agreed that releasing a ton of stuff around the draft or in May was too early. But waiting until August?

Madden still sells very well but for the #1 sport to be over taken by NBA 2K in sales indicates people might be more interested if the game was better. I think that is why we are seeing Longshot story mode. They are trying to capture that part of the market.

For me these annual cycles on high end consoles and PC don't allow for enough improvement anymore. Sports games just don't change that much year to year. I have similar issues with the Show. These games FEEL so similar that I can't buy them annually anymore. The small improvements just aren't enough.

I don't like it. However, EA is CLEARLY using this strategy to hide the fact that virtually nothing was done to improve game play and CFM this year. Moreover, they are using "influencers" who are essentially in their back pocket and live off of the "free" stuff EA gives them along with the early access. Haven't watched all of the videos but I'd bet my entire life savings that you won't find one of these guys that is providing an honest/critical evaluation of the game.

If EA added a custom camera I would buy it. I'd love a Tecmo camera. But this appears to be something nobody cares about at EA.