Thread: Gamers Club Unlocked?

• Facebook
  • Display

Gamers Club Unlocked?

Considering adding the $15/year GCU as it seems to be pretty close to what Prime used to offer me before I cancelled my Prime account.

The only ?s I really have are: (1) Does it offer "free" guaranteed release date delivery for online pre-orders and (2) How do the "points" work?

I rarely shop at BB because its 20 mins away and the quickest way to get there involves a damn toll road which requires exact change.

If it does offer guaranteed release date delivery for online pre-orders, I'd be game too in getting it. I don't have a Best Buy in town here, so online orders are my only option with Best Buy. If they'll show up on my doorstep on release day, I'm all for jumping on GCU what with this current fuckery going on with Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If it does offer guaranteed release date delivery for online pre-orders, I'd be game too in getting it. I don't have a Best Buy in town here, so online orders are my only option with Best Buy. If they'll show up on my doorstep on release day, I'm all for jumping on GCU what with this current fuckery going on with Amazon.

I've looked closer to it and I'm not as impressed now:

20% discount off new physical video games, including pre-orders (excludes pre-owned video game software and digital gaming). Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad. Limit 3 copies of each title per platform per year per member. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers.
    That seems to limit the $48 new release date games to 3 per year where Amazon used to be unlimited.

EDIT: Or is it saying the limit is to 3 copies of the SAME GAME?

Good lord that is horribly written.
    Last edited by CLW; 07-25-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've looked closer to it and I'm not as impressed now:

That seems to limit the $48 new release date games to 3 per year where Amazon used to be unlimited.

EDIT: Or is it saying the limit is to 3 copies of the SAME GAME?

Good lord that is horribly written.
    Lmao, Jesus Christ, do they have enough "pers" in that?

In my layman's reading and understanding of it, using Madden as an example, I'm reading it as meaning 3 copies of Madden on PS4 and 3 copies of Madden on Xbox One in one year for each customer.

So say I wanted to buy 20 copies of Madden on each console for $48, then turn around and sell them to friends for $55 or something, a couple buck discount for the friends, a small, meager profit for me, I wouldn't be able to do that since it'd be limited to only 3 copies of Madden on each console.

That's sort of the way it appears to me when I read that.

Hopefully one of our colleagues who either currently use or have used GCU in the past can verify one way or the other.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-25-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Max 3 copies of the same game. They are just trying to prevent one account for buying a bunch of copies for friends.

Running thread on Gaf about GCU.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...914725&page=26

The deals I see are good and make it tempting. I think Injustice 2 was $21 or $24 the other day.
    The dude abides.