Thread: Madden NFL 18 - New Target Passing Mechanic

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 18 - New Target Passing Mechanic

NFL quarterbacks like Tom Brady have an uncanny ability to throw with precision. The Target Passing feature gives users that same ability with an advanced mechanic that simulates that control with a graphical target. Users can finally see their intended passing target while placing it anywhere on the field.

The control scheme is intuitive, providing a straight-forward way for users to place the ball in the most advantageous place. The better players are at utilizing the Target Passing mechanic, the more efficient and tactical they will become at picking apart coverage. The ability to visualize the placement of the ball exactly where you want offers another level of user control.

Target Passing breakdown:

• See exactly where the ball is going to go before the throw
    • Lead shallow routes up the field before reaching the sideline
    • Place the ball between zones, forcing your receiver to throttle down
    • Lead the ball to where only your receiver can get it
    • Throw timing routes before the cut or even while your receiver is being pressed

Using the target passing mechanic

• Select your primary receiver: Pre-play, activate coach cam with RT/R2, and press the button of the desired receiver to make him the Primary Receiver on the play.
    • Bring up your target: After the snap, hold LT/L2 and your target will come up as your Primary Receiver.
    • Move the target: Use LS to move your target. As your target changes the QB will turn to face the target.
    • Switch Targeted Receiver: While holding LT/L2, press the button of a receiver other than the receiver that is currently targeted, and the target will switch to that receiver.
    • Throw to Receiver: Press the button of the receiver icon that is displayed. Use the same throw mechanics for lob, touch, and bullet.
    • Neutral Target Passing: If you release LT/L2, then it becomes Neutral Target Passing. This allows you to press the button of the desired receiver and throw to him immediately instead of having to switch the target, then throw.
    • Turn Off Target Passing: Simply press LT/L2 again and you turn off the Target Passing mechanic.

Note: Now that Target Passing is on LT/L2, low pass controls have changed. You now hold LB/L1 to activate the high low modifier, and push LS up or down to throw high or low.

Link: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...target-passing

It is nearly impossible to expect someone to hold L1 and L2 at the same time while using the L stick and holding the controller. I do like this concept but I don't like how accuracy ratings are thrown out the window.

I presume this means you can only do this standing still in the pocket because I don't see how you could possibly do this while running with the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It is nearly impossible to expect someone to hold L1 and L2 at the same time while using the L stick and holding the controller.
    It is?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It is?
    For me it is. The right bumpers together is a little easier but not the left bumpers while using the l stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    For me it is. The right bumpers together is a little easier but not the left bumpers while using the l stick.
    Fair enough.