Thread: NBA LIVE 18 - Community Videos from EA Play

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA LIVE 18 - Community Videos from EA Play

Here's QJB's gameplay footage from the tournament we had up on a rooftop at the W Hotel in Hollywood at EA Play

The dude abides.

Here's more from QJB, this time on The One

The dude abides.

Man that event looks like it was pretty cool. Good stuff, just catching up on videos

I'll be pulling the videos into a new thread/article. Some of them are better/more informative than others and will try to make sure they get more attention and prominence here.

I have zero interest in the One or Drew League. The Golden State video was ok but I don't like vertical camera. Hopefully more come out soon.

Listing of available player traits:

I think this is just what is available for the Point Shooter and not the entirety of traits as the video title suggests.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-23-2017 at 09:48 AM.

There are no roster edits this year again? This is 2017 and not 1997 correct? I don't understand that decision. As a casual fan it doesn't impact me much except when the season is over. We had this in Live 10 for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    There are no roster edits this year again? This is 2017 and not 1997 correct? I don't understand that decision. As a casual fan it doesn't impact me much except when the season is over. We had this in Live 10 for crying out loud.
    I don't know if that has been confirmed or denied yet officially. Is there a basis for that or just claims from Twitter/forums? (I saw people making that claim on Twitter during EA Play, but everything on record from the event said they would be discussing full game & features at a later date.)

I do agree though - if not in, it's inexcusable at this point. I can personally attest that it was a major request complaint at community events for at least the last 2.5 years.

On OS WTF_OS who is a Live game changer seemed to confirm it in the roster edit thread. It could get patched in but it sounds like they did not focus on it. I don't know all the coding that goes behind this but every other sports game has it. It's a huge omission, especially if Live 18 ends up being the final product. If they don't make a 19 a true roster editor would allow the game to be played with updated rosters down the road. Not sure if they want to block that or if it's a time issue.

I'm good friends with WTF, so I will check with him to see if that is confirmed.

I know EA has confidence and likes their roster update system, but - in addition to the reasons you gave - it would be nice for editing just so people can be creative in making 'dream' rosters, playing out trade scenarios, etc. It seems that EA & the GC Program (especially Live this year) has shifted heavily (exclusively?) to prominent YouTube creators, so not having roster editing leaves out a significant tool/option they could be using in making content related to the title. It ends up being a bit inconsistent in their development approach.

This is the first year since Live returned with 14 that they will have had the same person in charge of rosters for consecutive versions of the title, so maybe that will help improve the quality of them. Though, she will soon be gone for a while on maternity leave and I do not know if she will be contributing/working from home and/or will hop back in once leave is over.