Thread: Everybody's Golf (PS4) - August 29, 2017

• Facebook
  • Display

Everybody's Golf (PS4) - August 29, 2017

At the $40 price point ($32 for Prime), it's tempting, I think they'll put out a solid game here.
    The dude abides.

Love the series so I will buy it. Really wish they would have gone with a tennis mini-game, being in a country club setting and all. I just bought Hot Shots Tennis (PS2) because I needed a fix. Pretty good game that I thought I played on the PS2 but apparently sold my PS2 for an Xbox before it came out.

This game is down to $31.10 (MSRP $40) on Amazon as a pre-order.

Downloaded and ready to play when it becomes available in a few hours.

I know it is only $39.99 but the lack of courses is a bit disheartening. Five courses and you get a classic course if you pre-ordered to make six. There is one more classic course you can buy for $6.50. Like the previous editions expect a grind to unlock all the courses. They shove 9 holes of the first course down your throat until you play enough tourneys and beat three match play opponents. Level up and then it is off to the back nine for the same thing. Mirrored courses help but not that much on early course that are mostly straight. You can play each tourney on a higher difficulty and it made for much lower AI scores but nothing too difficult for anyone who has played the series in the past. I know the challenge will come once you start unlocking more difficult courses but there will be a grind to get there.

Overall I am content as the actual golf is still superb but they really go out and treat this game like nobody has ever played the series before. I went through more text bubble conversations with the AI in three hours than you have a full day playing most RPG's. Even more annoying is you have to take multiple golf quizzes to unlock basic features (first is L2 to quick view to landing area) and there is so much filler text is brutal. Then if you miss a question, you have to go through it all again. I like that individual club attributes (power and control) are boosted as you play but once again, a ton of prompts in a round that you have to press X to get to the next shot. Should be something that pops up at the end of the round.

Have not tried multiplayer and no plans to jump into it until I can level up more. The character creation tools is really well done, with a plethora of options. When you beat someone in VS mode (Match play) you get access to their swings, clothing, etc in the shop.

All the arcade stuff is there, like the tornado holes, large holes and bringing back the worst feature in the history of the series, "Random Impact." You will have to play this at least once as it is forced on you in the final match play even to move to Level 2 .
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-29-2017 at 08:08 AM.

You can practice your shot timing on the load screen. BRILLIANT!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Here's me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You can practice your shot timing on the load screen. BRILLIANT!
    I liked that but the load screens are a bit long, thus the need.

See you went with the character emotion, "Nebraska loses to Arkansas St at home and the strip club burned down."
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-29-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I liked that but the load screens are a bit long, thus the need.

See you went with the character emotion, "Nebraska loses to Arkansas St at home and the strip club burned down."
    The dude abides.

BOOM!

The dude abides.

Nice shot but that is a Tornado hole. In my first Tornado hole round I shot -11 under. Normal cups or it never happened.

Normal Cup.

Spoiler: show