Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Changes to the Quarterback in NCAA Football 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    My point though is that they have essentially removed this out rush feature for no good reason. We could ALREADY use the contain assignments, and realistically, they could have very easily designed a system that both kept the rush out assignment and simultaneously made it easier to set DEs to contain. For example, if they moved it to the face buttons, so that square set the left DE to contain and circle set the right DE to contain (once you brought up the DL assignment options), then it would have achieved both goals without any loss of functionality.

Also, the stuff with zones and spies being more reactive to QB scrambles is untested, and unless there have been some serious attempts to tweak the effects of low QB accuracy, then they could potentially just cause new problems because the QB scrambles, somebody comes up to stop him, and then a zone is left wide open. Further, if you're in a man coverage defense, like Cover 2 Man, then there aren't even any players in zone or spy to be of assistance.
    This I think would be the best bet, I find my self fumbling with the controls trying to figure out what does what before the snap usually as far as Dline adjustments.

Also why not have the QBs acc rating drop when they start scrambling? This would make more sense IMO, you see more balls overthrown of thrown into the ground when someone is flushed out. Now I know there is the QBs who can throw just as good on the run as the can standing in the pocket. But somehow incoporate that into the ratings this way when a QB who is not custom to scrambling throw the ball worse when they are scrambling.

We could ALREADY use the contain assignments, and realistically, they could have very easily designed a system that both kept the rush out assignment and simultaneously made it easier to set DEs to contain.
    Yeah, don't disagree with that at all.

Of course it is untested. However, it was discussed. Didn't say it was fixed, but they went into some detail on how individual ratings, individual positions, individual zone/man responsibilities.....how those would play into it, so it means they at least LOOKED at it compared to years past where a QB would clearly just take off with the LOS at the 5 yard line and yet the LB is just dropping into his zone 1/2-way deep into the endzone.

I'm going to have to check out all the new running plays. I never called a draw play in the past since they were so unsuccessful. I'm going to have to open my options up again and re-adjust to what the game can do now.
    Agreed, those plays were a waste of screen space previously.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 05-17-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Also why not have the QBs acc rating drop when they start scrambling? This would make more sense IMO, you see more balls overthrown of thrown into the ground when someone is flushed out. Now I know there is the QBs who can throw just as good on the run as the can standing in the pocket. But somehow incoporate that into the ratings this way when a QB who is not custom to scrambling throw the ball worse when they are scrambling.
    I guess this depends on whether the extra QB ratings from Madden 10 found their way in NCAA 11. I'd love to see ratings for throwing on the run, deep ball, play action, etc. It would also be cool if they had different throwing animations (over the top, 3/4, slow, fast).