• Flav

by Published on 07-02-2011 10:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 12
    Article Preview

The NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty & TeamBuilder websites are now live.

As Kotaku's Owen Good wrote in an article today, this is an ideal time for users to recreate their high school team and rivals on the TeamBuilder site for use in NCAA 12's revamped Road to Glory Mode. After browsing the site, share your thoughts here and post your created teams in our TeamBuilder sub-forum. ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 06:11 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

Game Informer has posted their review of NCAA Football 11. Check it out and share your thoughts with the community.

They say success on the football field starts with the running game. With all the crazy multi-receiver and option formations in college football these days, this isn’t necessarily as true, but it’s a philosophy that NCAA Football 11 uses to great effect. The new locomotion running engine gives the game a powerful foundation, and it drives the franchise forward by offering a fluid experience every time you touch the ball. It’s one of the key components that takes this series to the next level.

The locomotion engine’s fluidity and realism transfer to the animations you see out of the ball carrier and the defenders tackling him as well. Instead of seeing a player pop in and out of specific right analog moves like in NCAA 10, such as a running back jumping hard left or right on a juke, movements in NCAA 11 are more precise. A player will gather his body, plant his feet, shift his weight, and then start accelerating again. It’s not all just a pretty-looking sequence, either. You can combo moves better than in NCAA 10, and you don’t even have to use the right analog special moves to reap the benefits of the new engine. Using just the left analog stick feels nice and smooth, and I feel like I can make small cuts and adjustments to follow my blockers and find daylight without having to sacrifice control, jack the right analog, or have an obvious running lane.
    by Published on 06-15-2010 11:13 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

Another NCAA Football 11 blog has been posted, this one by Designer Ben Haumiller discussing Dynasty Wire.

From the official NCAA Football 11 website:

Pull up a chair; I want to tell you a story. - Well, E3 is here, and if you haven't downloaded the demo yet, what are you waiting for? Now that we've got that out of the way I want to go in depth on the new Dynasty Wire and StoryBuilder features that were recently announced. We've got another blog in the works to talk about everything you can do on the new Dynasty website (dynasty.easports.com), but there's so much to talk about we wanted to split these up into two parts.

Click Read More to view the entire blog. ...
    by Published on 06-03-2010 05:31 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

The latest NCAA Football 11 developer blog comes from Anthony White and discusses the One Back offensive series:

Anthony White here and I'm back with another blog in our offensive styles series. In our previous offensive styles blog we focused on the new additions we've made to the shotgun spread offense, namely the read option play. We also touched on the fact that the term 'spread offense' is an umbrella term that encompasses a number of offensive systems. One of those offensive systems is the one back offense. The one back offense is an offense that's primarily run from under center with only one back in the backfield. This offensive approach can be used in a variety of ways. The offense can use multiple receiver sets to spread the defense to throw the football (Memphis, UTEP) or use two tight ends to establish a physical power running game (Alabama, Idaho). The one back offense, in many circles, is often thought of as the original spread offense and rightfully so. ...
    by Published on 05-21-2010 02:44 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

A new video from NCAA Football developers Russ Kiniry and Ben Haumiller breaks down some of the previously announced features coming to the game.

The six-minute video allows Russ & Ben to share some personal thoughts on these items not only as developers, but also fans of college football and the game. Among the topics discussed are presentation, 120 Ways to Win & Real Assignment AI, and Locomotion.

Click the Read More to watch the video after the break. ...