• gschwendt

by Published on 04-22-2012 08:16 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 13
    Article Preview

First, an introduction. For anyone that does not follow me or The Gaming Tailgate regularly, my name is Tommy and have always gone by the name gschwendt across many different message boards and sites. I've been playing the NCAA Football series since NCAA 2003 and I've ran a league/Online Dynasty that has been running since NCAA 2004. I play true-to-sim style football and utilize a mix of everything from pro-style, shotgun spread option, and air raid style offenses with a sprinkling of under center triple option... just depends on what I feel like running that day. Defensively, I love disguising coverages so I also love to utilize the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses whenever I can or just stick with the good-old 4-3 defense. I mostly play Online Dynasty mode because I love building up my own team and am currently participating in 3 different ODs using varying levels of teams (Arkansas State, Miami FL, and Oklahoma).

I say all of that because if you don't know me, I want to at least give you some insight as to where I come from so you can see where my focus is while I'm down at EA Tiburon during community events. Along those lines, they bring in guys from all over, with all kinds of different perspectives, and all kinds of different focuses on the same game we all play so that in the end, we can help influence the game as much as possible to improve upon it from year to year. In this write-up, I'll cover my impressions from my time with the game last week. This will only include information that EA has already released but largely focus on the Gameplay side of things.
    by Published on 04-14-2012 07:18 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 13
    Article Preview

According to a recent article from Game Informer that covered much of the same information we'd heard previously on Sights and Sounds, it appears as though that the NCAA Football 13 development is looking at ways to deliver uniforms to the game throughout the year. Here's a quote from the article:

"Schools use of multiple alternate uniforms (like Nike's Pro Combat unis) are great for the fans, but it creates a moving target for EA Tiburon as it attempts to keep up with an unveiling process shrouded in secrecy by the schools. Although the day-one disc includes some of the alternate uniforms being used in the upcoming season, the development team is still considering the right way to deliver the unannounced jerseys. EA wouldn't clarify whether it plans to sell these as paid-DLC or release them via free updates."

Last year saw a multitude of teams that released new uniforms throughout the season. As pictured above, Maryland surprised everyone with their 'Pride' uniform in week 1. Then, tradition-rich Notre Dame and Michigan, both of whom hadn't updated their helmets in many years, each unveiled new uniforms for their "under-the-lights" matchup. In all of these cases, fans were asking "when can I use those in the game?" and they never received an answer for NCAA Football 12. However it sounds as though EA is working to change that in some manner.

Time will tell how they plan to deliver this and as well what exactly might be updated. What do you think of the idea? Would you pay for uniforms that are unveiled by the schools after the game is launched?
    by Published on 04-05-2012 01:24 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 13
    Article Preview

The second episode of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 podcast is now available. This episode features host AJ, Community Manager Justin Dewiel, and developers Ben Haumiller and Christian McLeod. In it, they'll help break down some of the news from this week as well as answer questions that were posted at various community sites including The Gaming Tailgate. Continue after the break to listen to the podcast. ...
    by Published on 04-02-2012 02:41 PM
    Article Preview

Today, the EA SPORTS NCAA Football development team streamed the first look at NCAA Football 13 with their Sights and Sounds webcast. If you missed it you can watch the broadcast here via livestream as well as it's embedded after the break. They have also now given us two blogs: one via paakaa10 and one via developer Christian McLeod discussing the audio portions of the game to go along with some of the screenshots seen during today's presentation. Continue after the break to watch the video, see the pictures, and read the blogs from today's news as well as a link to the webcast for those that missed it.

by Published on 03-30-2012 04:41 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 13
    Article Preview

As we previously reported, Monday, April 2nd, the first details of NCAA Football 13 will be posted by EA SPORTS on their website. Today on the NCAA Football series' Facebook page, we learned that they'll actually be delivering that information via webcast on their site. The webcast will begin at 2pm ET and is expected to last for an hour. No other details are available at this time but we'll be sure to update you as we learn anything further. As well, after that webcast, those of us who were able to attend some of the community events will be able to share whatever details we can regarding the discussed changes for Sights and Sounds. What is your biggest priority for sights and sounds in NCAA 13? ...
    by Published on 02-16-2012 11:56 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 13
    Article Preview

Since February 1st, six different pictures have surfaced on twitter relating NCAA Football 13 and former Heisman winners. Players including Eddie George, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Mark Ingram, and Archie Griffin have come up with either pictures of themselves with the Heisman Trophy or in photos that appear to be taken on a set. The latest (seen above) is of Griffin sitting in front of an NCAA Football 13 backdrop.

These pictures come from the Twitter accounts of Sanders and also Sandy Sandoval, Senior Director of Athlete Relations for EA Sports. Of course it's not uncommon to see photos of Sandoval with various athletes given his job duties, however these images have surfaced with descriptions tying them to NCAA Football 13.

Continue after the break to see the images as well as links to the tweets they were pulled from and let us know what you think this might mean for the next version of NCAA Football. ...
    by Published on 09-21-2011 08:30 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 12
    Article Preview

The second patch for NCAA Football 12 is now available on both the Playstation 3 and X-Box 360. The updated patch notes have been released by EA in a new blog. Continue below after the break for the details of what is included in the patch.

UPDATE - Info on title update #3 and "Transfer Failed" issues can be found here.

by Published on 07-11-2011 09:01 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 12
    Article Preview

Monday, EA SPORTS hosting an NCAA Football 12 Launch Party on UStreamT. As part of this, the developers of the game went "through NCAA Football 12 in its entirety". Additionally, each hour they also gave away a copy of NCAA Football 12. Continue on to view the archived show. ...
    by Published on 07-06-2011 10:24 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 12
    Article Preview

SportsGamerBlog.com has posted an audio interview with NCAA Football 12 Developer Ben Haumiller talking about some of the changes that we'll see in the game this year. While most of this has already been covered through other mediums, there does seem to be a few tidbits here and there that haven't really been touched on in the past. Continue after the break for a breakdown of what's included as well as the audio interview itself. ...
    by Published on 07-04-2011 10:40 AM
    Article Preview

The NCAA Football 12 Community Event Attendees have been hard at work to share with the community as much information, images, and videos with the community. With 16 attendees having early access to the game, there is lots of NCAA Football 12 goodness to absorb. We encourage you to continue to ask questions and request media and information, just be sure to use the proper threads in the Q&A Section. Continue after the break where we've included the media that we've shared here on The Gaming Tailgate. ...
    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast