• E3 2015 Coverage - June 16-18

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) takes place this week from Los Angeles and will feature reveals, coverage, and interviews surrounding all of the latest and upcoming video game titles.

Among some of the top sports gaming headlines we expect to emerge from E3 2015:
    • The anticipated confirmation (and details) of Joe Montana Football 16. After months of speculation and rumors, E3 should finally shine a light on this much-discussed, but little-known title. Is it a console, mobile, or VR title? Does it even have a publisher?
    • The return of NBA Live. Seemingly hid in the marketing shadows the last two years, it is expected that NBA Live 16 will be shown on-stage in a serious fashion during EA's press conference Monday afternoon with gameplay information disclosed. (Competitor NBA 2K16 is not expected to be at the show.)
    • Feature news on NHL 16 & Madden 16. Both have fall release dates so complete feature sets may not be revealed this week, but fans will still likely be clamoring to learn if NHL offers a more complete feature set at launch and what the improved WR/DB & passing interactions mean for Madden.
    • The return of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. A once-proud franchise looks to return from the ash bed of history. Early screenshots were not impressive, but perhaps gameplay and feature set information can change the attitude surrounding this title.

Other major titles with significant coverage at E3 include: Uncharted 4, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Star Wars Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5: Guardians, LEGO Dimensions, Assassin's Creed Sydicate, as well as surprise reveals expected to occur.

The Gaming Tailgate has all the links you need to keep up with E3 2015. Continue on to see a schedule and links to E3 coverage from around the web that will be updated throughout the event.

E3 2015 - Schedule

Sunday, June 14

Bethesda - 6:30 PM PDT (Twitch)

Monday, June 15

Microsoft - 9:30 AM PDT (Twitch, stream from your Xbox console, or watch on cable television)
    Electronic Arts - 1 PM PDT (Twitch)
    Ubisoft - 3 PM PDT (Twitch)
    Sony - 6 PM PDT (Twitch, YouTube, PlayStation stream)

Tuesday, June 16

Nintendo - 9 AM PDT
    Square Enix - 10 AM PDT (Twitch, YouTube)
    PC Gaming Show - 5 PM PDT (Twitch)

Coverage Outlets:

YouTube:

This article was originally published in forum thread: E3 2015 - Schedule & Discussion Thread started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 238 Comments
      CLW -
      Dishonored 2
      CLW -
      Bethesda be likin' that FPS shame I cannot play these games
      cdj -
      Arkane Studios next up with a trailer for Dishonored 2. The game will be available on PS4, XB1, PC but no release date given.

Dishonored Definitive Edition announced coming to the same consoles this fall.
      cdj -
      The Elder Scrolls Online next up. A video shows upcoming content coming to the game.
      cdj -
      Elder Scrolls Legends; a strategy card game announced. It is a F2P and on PC/iPad later this year.
      CLW -
      jaymo76 -
      Anyone want to make a non-FPS game? ... Please???
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Anyone want to make a non-FPS game? ... Please???
      Fallout 4 looks to have the option of 3rd person or FPS so yeah that's the only game they make I might be interested in.
      CLW -
      Collector's Edition sounds pretty sweet
      CLW -
      Tablet game looks pretty good too
      CLW -
      Mobile game available tonight
      CLW -
      wow Fallout 4 is DEEP
      cdj -
      Final presentation: Fallout 4 by Game Director Todd Howard (a big NCAA Football fan, FWIW).

Work began after Fallout 3 in 2009. Artists concept every button and every light in the game; every last detail.

Some of the game will take place before the nuclear war occurred. Character creation process shown.

Can play as male or female. Baby then generated based on parents appearance. After nuclear attack, you emerge over 200 years later as sole survivor of Vault 211.

Player freedom is absolute goal. Can go or do whatever you want.

Can play first or third person.

The new Pip-Boy is shown. Layered armor system; vault and game tapes you can listen/play on your Pip-Boy.

Collector's Edition includes Fallout 4 Pip-Boy that you can put your phone in that along with an app, you can use with the game (second screen experience).

Also for phone & tablets, a new game: Fallout Shelter. You get to be the overseer of your own vault (111). Inspired by previous games: SimCity, XCOM, et al. Each dweller has full stats that level up as you control them and attempt to make them happy.

Inspired by Progress Quest, you dwellers will go out into the Wasteland for missions.

Can be accidents, raiders, invasions, etc.

Free game, internet not needed to play. Can buy extra lunchboxes for loot.

GAME AVAILABLE ON APP STORE TONIGHT.

Back to Fallout 4....

While playing the game, your character can rebuild the world using scrap. Can also establish generators for the settlement and also to build defenses.

Settlements will be attacked by raiders. Can run caravans between settlements. Large areas left open for building.

Can craft items in-game. 50 base weapons, 700 modifications for them. Can also modify your own power armor.

Game launches on November 10, 2015.
      JBHuskers -
      Bethesda with a great kick-off to E3!
      CLW -
      I'll probably miss most of the MS conference (wife and I have another round of doctors appointments for the baby) and I might even miss some of EA's as well so I DEMAND regular updates here on the forums.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I'll probably miss most of the MS conference (wife and I have another round of doctors appointments for the baby) and I might even miss some of EA's as well so I DEMAND regular updates here on the forums.
      I'll try my best while I'm at work LOL we've been pretty busy today.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yeah, unfortunately I may miss most of MS' conference. I have to run up to a frame and body shop real quick and hammer out some details with them on what the insurance approved for car repairs. Some jackass hit my parked car last week and drove off. Scheduled to get the car fixed next Monday, but the insurance is being surprisingly cooperative and willing to pay a little extra on repairs, so I'm about to head out and will miss at least 30-60 of the conference.
      cdj -
      Microsoft presser underway. Begins with montage of games featuring music from Man of Steel in background.
      cdj -
      I plan on covering MS & EA events. I will not be around for Ubisoft or Sony.
      cdj -
      Microsoft promises great line-up this year.

Built from the ground up for the XB1, first trailer is for Halo 5 Guardians. Good shot of Nathan Fillion in-game. Great likeness.

Now showing some 4-player gameplay.

Release date: 10-27-15

Now with EP from 343.

You will control two squads. One led by Master Chief, other by Spartan Locke [?]. Game playable at E3. Now showing 'Warzone' mode in MP.