• MLB 15 The Show: Game Update 1.04 Now Available

The latest game update is now available for MLB 15 The Show. Game Update 1.04 primarily addresses online issues and bugs that resulted in a combination of incorrect outcomes being reported, hang-ups, and an issue with synchronizing accumulated XP and stubs.

Continue on to see the full list of patch notes, straight from SCEA.

MLB 15 The Show – Consumer Friendly Patch 1.04 Fix List (PS4 and PS3)

Offline specific changes:
    • When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.

Online specific changes:
    • During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.
    • During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.
    • During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.
    • Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.
    • Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.

This article was originally published in forum thread: MLB 15 The Show: Game Update 1.04 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      SmoothPancakes -
      Thank god! I HATED not being able to dive or jump with my RTTS shortstop. So MANY times our opponent would get a base hit, which would often lead to runs scored, because there'd be a hit straight up the middle or between short and third that I couldn't reach just running at it, and yet couldn't dive for it, which likely would have stopped the ball.

Fewer times, there have been line drives hit over my players head that a well timed jump may have caught, but the not being able to dive was driving me crazy. Our pitchers already suck ass enough without having extra base runners get on just because I couldn't dive for a ball just out of reach.