• The Online Features of EA SPORTS Rory McIlRoy PGA TOUR

EA SPORTS has shared details on the online features coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR: An overhauled head-to-head mode and Online Tournaments.

H2H mode is available in ranked and unranked settings, with users being able to vote on the course played in ranked contests. Results from ranked matches feed into a new leaderboard system that will be tracked by gameplay style.

Thanks to next-gen technology, all golfers will be rendered and appear in real-time on the course. This should help the rounds and contests become more immersive, seemingly being right there on the course with your friends/competitors.

Online Tournaments following the traditional format and offering found in previous editions of the game.

Missing from this list is the popular last-gen feature of Country Clubs. Let us know your thoughts on the online features of PGA TOUR in the comments!

This article was originally published in forum thread: The Online Features of EA SPORTS Rory McIlRoy PGA TOUR started by cdj View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      CLW -
      So.... they took away the Golf Clubs?
      skipwondah33 -
      Played some TW14 the other night. Can't believe I never played online ranked before then.

Most of the matches were training wheels specials. Pro difficulty, Ball spin extravaganza, etc, etc. They were ridiculous. Guys getting eagles on Par 4's

Did have one round where I found a solid group that played with Simulation difficulty which was fun. Saved them on my friends list.

Looking forward to playing a golf game again
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      So.... they took away the Golf Clubs?
      Not mentioning them in this blog implies to me they are gone. Hopefully they or something similar will be added down the line. IMO a golf game is the genre that really needs something like Country Clubs/Online Leagues (OD style) for the multiplayer, social experience to be complete/enjoyable. I would think the one-off style isn't that engaging for some.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      Most of the matches were training wheels specials. Pro difficulty, Ball spin extravaganza, etc, etc. They were ridiculous. Guys getting eagles on Par 4's
      Don't hate. That's the only way guys like me can compete.
      skipwondah33 -
      Come on CDJ I know you were better than that lol. I remember the rounds we all use to play and you held your own..until you always seem to get disconnected that is

Yeah an OD style league would be awesome, though it still could be accomplished without. It was cool to simultaneously play with people again the other night
      JBHuskers -
      With no number in the title, maybe (like Golf Club), it can be evergreen and we can have the hope that features, courses, and more can get added.

Missing Country Clubs is definitely a bummer.
      skipwondah33 -

Haha I remember the days of being over top of someone's putting line where it was difficult for them to see which way they wanted the putt to go
      skipwondah33 -
      It's hilarious and frustrating the number of people won't play the sightest bit of difficulty in online matches
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      It's hilarious and frustrating the number of people won't play the sightest bit of difficulty in online matches
      What?
      gigemaggs99 -
      I think he meant "slightest".

Are ya'll planning on getting this on Xbox 1 or PS4?

I have both machines but don't really want to get it on both systems but would like to play with ya'll. Are there more PS4 users than Xbox 1?

Thanks,
      Gus
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      What?
      Auto correct

I've been playing TW14 online lately and can't seem to get many rounds of semi difficult golf. Everyone wants to shoot -35 under on the front 9 type of rounds.

Wondered why I never ventured to play online. Did get to play some Tour Pro and more Simulation last night though after I created the session myself. Only 1 person joined lol
      gigemaggs99 -
      I pre-ordered my copy today at Gamestop, going to get the XBOX 1 version. I guess if you pre-order from Gamestop you get TPC Scottsdale.

Edit: doesn't look like anything special. Pre-ordering through Best Buy gives you the same "bonus".
      JBHuskers -
      A cool thing about online this year is once you're done with a round, it isn't an automatic load screen to the menu it takes you back to the lobby that is similar to a FPS lobby. It works really slick.