• Russell Westbrook Named NBA Live 16 Cover Athlete

EA SPORTS has announced that Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook will grace the cover of NBA LIVE 16. Despite an injury-plagued season for the Thunder, Westbrook kept his team in playoff contention while finishing fourth in MVP voting.

Westbrook played like something out of a video game this season in recording eleven triple-doubles, while leading the league in scoring and earning 2015 All-Star Game MVP honors.

Continue on to see the cover announcement trailer from EA SPORTS, some brief game feature information, as well as some screenshots from the game. After checking them out, let us know what you think of this early NBA LIVE 16 news.

Here is the current (and limited) game features listed on the official product website:

LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
    The ultimate form of self-expression where everything you do matters – both on and off the court.

LIVEMOTION
    Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.

LIVE CONNECTED
    The freshest way to play ball. Ultimate Team, Dynasty, Big Moment Challenges and more are back and better than ever.

DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
    A new way to experience NBA LIVE…

From the cover announcement by EA SPORTS, more game information will be announced at E3 next week:

EA SPORTS will announce the first gameplay details of NBA LIVE 16 at E3, and fans are encouraged to tune into the official EA press briefing on Monday, June 15 at 1:00pm PT for live announcements regarding this year’s game. Show attendees will also be able to stop by the EA booth to get their hands on NBA LIVE 16 for themselves for the very first time.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA Live 16 Cover Announce Trailer started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      CLW -
      Welp - I guess that settles it I just HAVE to buy this one because an OKC guy is on the cover and there isn't one on 2K.
      jaymo76 -
      Nothing like talking about basketball next season before this season is even over...
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Nothing like talking about basketball next season before this season is even over...
      The NBA Finals are a good time to start the marketing train with so many eyes on the product.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Welp - I guess that settles it I just HAVE to buy this one because an OKC guy is on the cover and there isn't one on 2K.
      May want to check last year's 2k
      cdj -
      New screen of JR Smith:

cdj -
      New screen: