• Women's National Teams Coming to FIFA 16

FIFA 16 will add women's national teams to the franchise for the first time. Twelve teams have been added: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States.

Courtesy IGN, FIFA VP and GM David Rutter talked about the process of adding in female teams and players: "We've flown our head capture team around the world to capture the faces and the heads of the athletes, [and] they've been treated in exactly the same way as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. We rebuilt the animation rig to support the different dimensions and proportions of a woman's body [...] and then applied that motion capture skeleton to those very believable bodies to make sure that the standing, walking, jogging, sprinting, passing, shooting, is actually women animation rather than male animation."

Continue on to see a trailer showcasing the addition of the women's national teams.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Women's National Teams Coming to FIFA 16 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      CLW -
      So... America will actually be good in the game.
      JeffHCross -
      SmoothPancakes -
      Seriously? People are angry about there being Women's National teams added to FIFA 16? Sweet Jesus.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Seriously? People are angry about there being Women's National teams added to FIFA 16? Sweet Jesus.
      I hope most of that has be been fabricated in the mind of the woman who tweeted it.
      cdj -
      People complained when Assassin's Creed didn't have female assassins, now they are complaining that they added them in the latest game. I think people just complain for the sake of.

I think I saw more people complaining about the 'sexist complaints' than I did ripping on FIFA for adding them, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right areas.

Sometimes people get misguided in complaints - they may have been mad FIFA started the news cycle with this info and took it out on the women's teams versus EA marketing.
      CLW -
      I think the "complaints" are that adding women's teams is the equivalent to Mascot Mode in NCAA. Basically, the argument would be noone is going to play with these teams so why did EA waste time/resources adding them to the game.

I do not agree - especially if you can play the Women's World Cup and if the women's teams are slower/less athletic than the men making the game a little less about speed.
      JeffHCross -
      Don't worry guys, most of the complaints are run of the mill misogyny You know, the ones that start with "I'm not sexist, but...."

From what I can see, honestly, calling them" complaints" is probably overblown, but the tweet did amuse me at the very least. Because I can completely believe that more people would pay attention to FIFA the game than the FIFA news. Just f-ed up priorities.
      jaymo76 -
      I think it's pretty cool they have added women's teams to the game. In all honesty, one of the most exciting soccer games I have ever watched was that classic US-Canada match a few years back. Women's soccer is highly entertaining. I will be watching pretty much all of the US and Canadian women's teams game at the World Cup in June. What's also great about women's soccer is that North American teams are pretty elite and have a great chance to win it all.
      JeffHCross -
      The Brandi Chastain game may still be my favorite soccer game ever. The drama was insane.
      steelerfan -
      I don't have a problem with them being added. I'll likely never use them but it doesn't hurt me and I'm not stupid enough to think that a ton of resources were used for this.
      JeffHCross -
      Was there a video, or was it just an article, that talked about the mo cap for the women's team and how it would improve the series for women and men alike? I want to say that I saw it on Twitter but now I can't find it.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. It was an Ars Technica article. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...he-first-time/
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      The Brandi Chastain game may still be my favorite soccer game ever. The drama was insane.
      You should have seen Championship Sunday in the EPL in 2012. That ranks as the most dramatic moments in sports that I have ever seen. Ever. And my club didn't have a dog in the fight either.
      steelerfan -
      This seemed like a good place to talk about this.

I read several articles from May that purported that EA was after the UEFA license (they still hold it for Euro and I'm sure they'll put out a UEFA Euro 2016 game at least as DLC). I'm 95% sure that PES has said that they still have the license which is disappointing but that's that.

The more interesting part of those articles also said that EA was after the NASL license and wanted to include the league in FIFA 16. I hope this is true and I hope they got it.

If they did, playing in MLS would be so much more fun. The US Open Cup would be much better and, maybe, they would add the CONCACAF Champions League.

If that gets done, here's to hoping that the FIFA Club World Cup is added too!
      gigemaggs99 -
      I think it's cool. I'm sure there are plenty of female gamers out there. I think if I was a woman and wanted to play a soccer game and being able to use female players is just cool.

There isn't a WNBA video game, or women's softball game so I think this is a good move.

Just my 2 cents.
      steelerfan -
      The only drawback to the women being added is that there are only 12 national teams that will be in FIFA 16.