• Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features

Through a trailer and blog, EA SPORTS has revaled many of the gameplay features coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR.

The game will feature three gameplay styles: Arcade, Classic, and Tour. Arcade uses a simple analog swing mechanic and allows aids auch as power boost, spin, and aiming arc. Classic features the old-school three-click methodology of clicking X/A to start the meter, select power, then accuracy. Tour is for game experts as the analog swing determines power and accuracy and there are no assists available. Users can also customize their preferred gameplay style among options from all three default options.

Continue on to see the PGA TOUR gameplay trailer and to learn about more gameplay improvements.

New to the game is the Aiming Arc which will show you where a perfect shot will go. Similarly, Putt Read will show how and where the ball will break if hit with optimal speed.

Check out the full blog from EA SPORTS to learn more about the backswing meter and authentic ball drops.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      I absolutely love how the courses play to their true counterpart in terms of the firmness of the fairways and greens.

Thanks to Frostbite, going through the trees will act like it should now too!
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I absolutely love how the courses play to their true counterpart in terms of the firmness of the fairways and greens.

Thanks to Frostbite, going through the trees will act like it should now too!
      That is what I want!!! Getting ready to watch video now
      skipwondah33 -
      Sounds good!

Pretty nice that the Tour swing already removes zoom ability.

The ball physics and course specific features are definitely nice
      CLW -
      Game looks good but those modes didn't really do anything for me and time will tell how much better the physics are.

Really the only way I can see myself buying this game is if they have some sort of online and deep career mode.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Tour definitely sounds exactly like what everyone has wanted out of this game and TGC. No arcade assists, no boosts, no zooming, etc., just being forced to rely on the yardage book to save your ass on the course.

#TheScriptIsDead
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Tour definitely sounds exactly like what everyone has wanted out of this game and TGC. No arcade assists, no boosts, no zooming, etc., just being forced to rely on the yardage book to save your ass on the course.

#TheScriptIsDead
      Actually they already had all of what you said in the game in 14...and even 13 if I'm not mistaken...people just neglected to use it

I still play Tiger 14 and in my career I play Tournament/Tour every thing.

No swing or putt meters, Expert Swing, No zoom in or shot preview, no shot markers, etc. My swings aren't always perfect either.

That's why I get confused when people said it was a dart game. It definitely can be difficult with all of these things off
      SmoothPancakes -
      Tiger 12 was my last one I bought, so I have missed the features of the last two. But it definitely sounds like it will be a true challenge.

#TheScriptIsDead
      skipwondah33 -
      Ah OK

Yeah the past 2 versions had the ability you were talking about. Think it's actually called Tour Pro difficulty..been a while since Ive looked at it because it's been set since I got the game.

It doesn't let you see where you are hitting the ball just the distance. No power boost, no spin. And the slightest mess up on the swing will result in a bad mishit (if on Expert) swing

No putt meter so you don't know how hard to swing

These features weren't used by a lot of people because it's not fun shooting 10-20 over par lol
      JBHuskers -
      Blog from EA: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features

AUTHENTIC BALL DROPS

Even though courses are more open than ever before, there are still rules in golf and there are certain areas where you can’t play a ball.

In the event your ball goes into a hazard, you are given realistic options for where you can take a drop.

If you hit your ball into a water hazard without a designated drop zone, you have a few options.

You can either replay the ball from where you took your previous shot, drop a new ball within two club-lengths of the point of entry, or take your next shot from any point behind where the ball entered the hazard, in line with the pin.

The options change a bit if you happen to dunk a shot on a hole where a drop zone is present. You can either hit your next shot from the previous location, or play it from the designated drop zone.

If you hit into an unplayable lie (imagine the ball getting stuck in a tree or between rocks where you can’t make a swing) then you can play your next shot from anywhere back on a line with the pin behind the unplayable spot.
      gigemaggs99 -
      IT LOOKS GREAT! Can't wait!

I don't know if it's just a teaser but it is neat how on one of the putts it shows the caddie tending the flag. That's a nice addition.

I'm all for the no zooming and having to use a yardage book. That's how real golf is played. Very happy with what I see so far.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yep, I'm really looking forward to this. TGC is a fun game, but I'm looking forward to the official courses and an actual tour schedule. And if I can get the challenge of golfing on TGC with the official courses and tour schedule of EA's game, I'm all aboard! Both games will be fun in their own rights.

#TheScriptIsDead