On Monday, FIFA Ultimate Team added a new feature to the Transfer Market called 'Price Ranges.' Once in place, all FUT items will have a low and high rice range that each item can be sold for on the Transfer Market. Designed in part to help restrict illegitimate coin transfers on the Transfer Market and to help establish a 'level playing field' and to make the mode 'more fun and fair for everyone.'
The move has been met by criticism by many in the FUT community including some who took to YouTube and other social media outlets to voice their concerns.
Continue on to see the full blog directly from EA SPORTS on Price Ranges as well as some of the community criticism and concerns.
Starting today, we are introducing an important new feature to the FIFA Ultimate Team Transfer Market called Price Ranges.
Once this feature has been activated, all FUT items (players, in-forms, consumables, and club items) in FIFA Ultimate Team will have a Price Range that sets the highest and lowest Coin prices that each item can be sold on the Transfer Market.
These new features are designed to:
- Help FUT gamers understand the value of the players in their Club.
- Make high-rated players more attainable for all FUT gamers and ensure a level playing field.
- Further restrict illegitimate coin transfers on the Transfer Market.
Although the new FUT item Price Ranges will differ from current prices, their relative value to other player items on the Transfer Market will remain consistent in order to maintain a level playing field for everyone.
Here are some more important notes about Price Ranges:
- All Price Ranges will be universal across Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
- When you list an item on the Transfer Market, the range at which an item can be sold will appear. These price ranges will be set by the FIFA Team based on analysis of past Transfer Market prices.
- Open bid transfers will be unavailable after Price Ranges have been activated. In order to list an item on the Transfer Market, you will have to set a “Buy It Now” price within the Price Range.
- The Price Range for each FUT item will be set wide enough for you to still enjoy trading on the Transfer Market.
- The Price Range for certain players may be adjusted in the future as we work to improve this feature over time.
- New ‘in-form’ FUT player items will receive a Price Range upon release.
We believe the long-term benefits of this new change will make FUT more fun and fair for everyone.
We know that this is a significant change to FUT, and so we want your feedback. We are confident that, in the long run, the FUT community as a whole will come to appreciate the balanced benefits that this new feature will bring to all FUT players, but it’s important you let us know what you think.
In conjunction with these changes, the Transfer Market will remain inaccessible from the Web and Companion Apps.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on Price Ranges. Be sure to follow @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter, and LIKE us on Facebook to know when the feature has been activated.
Some of the concerns and criticisms from the community: