• WWE 2K15 - My Career Mode

WWE 2K15's new 'My Career' mode borrows from NBA 2K's mode of the same name, allowing users to take their created superstar and work their way through the ranks. Beginning at the NXT Performance Center in Orlando, FL users attempt to become the next great sports entertainer. Depending how your matches play out will help vary the storyline and progression of your character.

While not as user-friendly as NBA 2K's face scanning technology, users can import their face into the game with the new Superstar Studio.

A feature that could be beneficial in many sports games, users have the option to allow their friends' created wrestlers to appear in storylines, possibly even interfering in their matches. Continue on to see IGN's video and hands-on preview of WWE 2K15's My Career mode.

Excerpts of IGN's hands-on preview:

Let's get some facts straight first. MyCareer is a mode for created wrestlers only, and it has you starting out at the NXT Performance Center in Orlando, where Bill DeMott yells at you a lot. From there, it's a ride to the NXT TV show, the main WWE roster, various PPVs, and perhaps eventually, championship gold. The thing is, that ride can be either explosively fast or arduously long, and ultimately, it may never lead exactly where you want it to go.

Over a long enough period of time, winning every match might be enough to get you over, but even a loss can be great for your career, because each match you compete in is rated on things like move variety, memorable moments, back-and-forth momentum swings, and overall drama. So, you're good enough at the game's mechanics to squash John Cena in two minutes flat using the same move over and over? That's nice. My 15-minute long loss where we both kicked out of multiple finishers at the 2.9999 count is the match fans want to see though, so expect me to land on a PPV card well before you.

Even if you're putting on 5-star matches on the regular, your experience is going to be different depending on the decisions you make in-ring and out. Storylines, rivalries, and alliances aren't really “random,” but they are dynamic based on how much of a heel or face you are, how over you are with the fans, and how previous storylines have worked out for you. Did you give Daniel Bryan props on Twitter? Did you smash Roman Reigns into an exposed turnbuckle? These kinds of things can result in a different path in an ever-branching system of events. There is no fail state, and there's no restarting a match if it isn't going the way you want it to. You live with every decision, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Maybe the coolest feature of MyCareer though, is that there are storylines that incorporate the CAWs of people on your friends list. You can opt out, but if you don't, you may be suddenly attacked by a friend's wrassler under the CPU's control. It's a neat idea that keeps MyCareer feeling like a uniquely crafted story rather than a stock one.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WWE 2K15 My Career Mode started by CLW View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      I'm excited. Definitely getting it for PS4.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
      SCClassof93 -
      still waiting on TGT federation
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      still waiting on TGT federation
      x
      JBHuskers -
      Not this year for sure.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
      cdj -
      Here is the official press release on MyCareer:

2K today announced additional details for MyCareer in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Making its debut as the first comprehensive, career-driven mode in WWE games history, MyCareer will take players through the life of a prospective WWE Superstar, allowing them to experience the journey of being a rookie and working toward the ultimate goal of winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Players will begin MyCareer by taking characters they create in WWE 2K15’s Creation Suite to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. While there, they will be trained by former WWE Superstar and WWE Performance Center head coach Bill DeMott, as they navigate a series of objectives. Successful completion of the objectives will lead players to compete at NXT, WWE’s developmental system for rising young talent, where they will continue with matches and new objectives. At NXT, they will encounter a roster of new and future WWE Superstars, including Rusev, Bo Dallas, Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn and Corey Graves, all of whom will also be available as playable characters.

After mastering their skills in NXT, players will move up to WWE’s main roster, where General Manager Vickie Guerrero will set matches and keep her Superstars focused through ultimatums designed to gain bonus rewards. Players will develop alliances and rivalries while competing to win spots on WWE pay-per-view events and flagship shows like Monday Night Raw® and SmackDown®. They will also compete for the United States Championship and Intercontinental Championship. Successful players will make their way to SummerSlam® and WrestleMania®, where the WWE World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as the top MyCareer prize.

Decisions made throughout the WWE developmental process, including alliances, rivalries and social media interactions, will impact player personality traits and crowd reactions. As players progress throughout the mode, they will also have opportunities in-game to upgrade their attributes, acquire new abilities, skills and moves, earn new clothing and unlock managers. These decisions, along with a player’s win/loss record, will lead to multiple branching storylines, surprises, twists and turns that offer significant replay value to explore different career paths.

“MyCareer is a mode beloved by our NBA 2K fans and is a perfect fit for WWE 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “We are eager to deliver a comprehensive career mode experience for the first time and consider its inclusion a critical step forward for the franchise.”
      SCClassof93 -
      Wonder if my career can be done in a universe of caws? If I could dl the created stars I want to work with that may work.