• NBA Live 15 - Defensive Improvements

EA SPORTS has shared a blog and video detailing some of the defensive improvements coming to NBA LIVE 15.

The blog details coaching and player specific defensive settings, which were also found in NBA LIVE 14. The video shows improvements to on-ball defense, rebounding and blocks, and defensive A.I. with comparisons to LIVE 14.

Continue on to see the defensive improvements and the accompanying video.

• On-ball Defense: Improved control over defensive positioning to cut off drives; more subtle adjustments & half-steps. More contextual awareness with additional jostle animations between players
    • Rebounding & Blocks: Improved ball tracking and trajectory. More realistic block and rebound animations/attempts.
    • Defensive A.I.: Improved awareness and help defense

Everybody loves offense, but you have to be able to play defense if you want to win in the NBA.

As we showed in the Offensive Improvements blog, it’s crucial to have responsive controls and the ability to position your player where you want, when you want

Here’s a look at some of the defensive improvements for NBA LIVE 15.

Players can set a number of defensive options – both at the coach and player level. Use these to tailor the defense to your playstyle, or make adjustments to shut down the opponent.

Adjust defensive strategies in the following areas:

ON-BALL PRESSURE
    - Normal
    - Tight
    - Auto Loose

OFF-BALL PRESSURE
    - Normal
    - Tight
    - Auto Loose

BALL SCREENS
    - Over/Hard Edge
    - Over/Mirror
    - Under/Show
    - Under/Hard Edge
    - Under/Mirror
    - Switch
    - Under All
    - Over/Show
    - Over/Trap
    - Down/Baseline

OFF-BALL SCREENS
    - Under All
    - Switch, Over
    - Under

FORCE DIRECTION
    - Normal
    - Left
    - Right
    - Baseline
    - Middle
    - Weak Hand

IN POST
    - Front
    - Behind
    - Baseline Deny
    - High Side Deny
    - Auto

DOUBLE TEAM (PERIMETER)
    - On Catch
    - User-Triggered
    - On Drive

DOUBLE TEAM (POST)
    - On Catch
    - On Dribble
    - User-Triggered
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA Live 15 - Defensive Improvements started by cdj View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      Rudy -
      I like all the individual things you can do. I know 2K has a lot of options here too although I will probably only use these when a guy is killing me. But you do all this and don't give me sliders? Still having a hard time accepting no sliders lol.